Author's Chapter Notes:
Crazy crazy weekend! But I found stolen wireless (hehe) to post a chapter for you all! Thanks for your reviews, hope you keep enjoying my story!
Spike had kissed her fiercely, told her they’d have to cut their morning short and she should probably start working, and then had run off to whatever woman was standing up at the house.

Buffy attempted to suppress her disappointment and feeling of rejection, quickly heading to her room to take a shower. She had a sneaking suspicion she knew exactly who that woman was, and she hated the fact that it made her jealous.

But aside from her own personal feelings about Drusilla Angelus being in LA, however, was the affect it would have on the investigation. While Gunn was a firm unbeliever of any sort of psychic or paranormal phenomena, Buffy was more open-minded, and had read intensely about Drusilla’s supposed second sight. There were numerous reports of her accurate predictions of events, and supposedly had kept Angelus out of jail more than once with her warnings. If any of that was true, she and Gunn could be found out.

But mostly, she was just jealous of the woman she knew Spike had loved. And she knew her priorities had taken a turn for the worse.


“What are you doing here, Drusilla?” Spike asked brusquely as he finally found the dark haired woman in the library, her back to him.

“You’re dripping all over your nice hardwood floors, I can hear it,” she mused without looking at him. “Bad boy.”

“Yeah, I’ll dry off in a second. Again, what the bloody hell are you doing in my house? How did you even get in?”

“Your princess always knows where you keep a key,” she giggled, spinning around so her long black skirt swirled around her. “How’s my Spike?”

“I’m fine, Dru,” he barked, hardly believing that after all these years, he was face to face with her again. After years of pining from afar, now, looking at her made his blood run cold.

She affected a pout and glided towards him. “Now, it that any way to greet an old friend?” She leaned out and pressed her lips to his cheek.

“Does Angelus know you’re here?” Spike asked, ignoring her gesture of affection and her condescending reference to him as a friend.

“Daddy? Oh, Daddy is too busy playing with his toys,” Drusilla sighed. “I thought I’d come to see my boy before I go to the hotel. Give you a little word of warning.”

“And what’s that?”

“Be very very careful,” she said, her voice deepening, her accent intensifying. She stared intently at the man in front of her. “Daddy doesn’t like to be wronged.”

“I really have no bloody idea what you’re going on about, Dru,” Spike spat. “And I don’t care. “

“I know you hate me, my darling, deadly boy. And you should. You love as deeply as you hate, and it’s one or the other with you, isn’t it?”

“Drusilla—“

“But you did love me once, and a part of me will always love you, too. And so I’m telling you. Be very careful. Guard yourself.”

“Fine. I will. Why don’t you run off?”

“If you wish,” she shrugged. “Have fun playing with your girl of sunshine.”

“Dru…” he paused, weighing his options. His voice was softer the next time he spoke. “If you could not mention her to anyone, I’d appreciate it.”

“Of course not, my William,” she said airily. “Not a word spoken.”

With that, she obeyed his request and left the house. Spike didn’t breathe normally again until he heard her car drive away.

He needed Buffy.

He left the library and found her instantly, heading down the hall, hair wet, smelling of strawberries and coconut.

Spike grabbed her roughly and pulled her down the hall to his office, shutting the door behind him.

“Spike, wha—“ she started to protest, when his lips swallowed up her words in a passionate kiss.

He wrapped her tightly in his arms and pulled her up to him so that her toes were barely touching the ground. He kissed her senseless, kissed her thoughtless, kissed her until both of them ran completely out of air.

“I just needed to do that,” Spike panted when he finally tore himself away. “You can go back to work now.”

Surprised, turned on, confused, and slightly annoyed, she smacked him playfully and turned to go, just as the door swung open and Gunn and Angelus entered.

Buffy stiffened as she realized just how close they had come to getting caught. She smiled as Gunn grabbed her for a hug and a kiss, missing Spike’s look of fury entirely.

“Your wife just left,” Spike averted his eyes from the couple and spoke to Angel.

“Did she now?” He said disinterestedly, walking to the desk and reclining in Spike’s chair. “Heard she might stop by, woman can’t be away from me for long.”

“I thought you were meeting with Meers today,” Spike said, gritting his teeth as Angel made himself right at home in his office.

“Yeah, in a bit,” Angel shrugged. “Just thought I’d stop in, say hello, ask if you got those files I emailed you.” He lifted a folder off of the desk and began paging through the contents casually.

“I was going to look at them now.”

“So Gunn, I had no idea this beautiful woman was yours,” Angel dismissed Spike with a flick of his hand and turned to the two waiting by the door. “You’ll have to let me know how you snagged such a fine…woman.”

“Lots of hard work,” Gunn laughed, pulling Buffy towards him and pressing a kiss to the top of her head. Buffy played along and swatted him teasingly.

Spike fumed.

“Well, no reason to stick around this hellhole any longer than necessary, I guess,” Angel shrugged. “Just stopped by for a quick visit, check if you got the files, and to remind you we’re going down to San Diego tomorrow.”

“Yeah, I got the memo, mate” Spike snapped, voice dripping with sarcasm.

“Good,” the other man ignored the attitude. “Buffy, baby, would you care to join Gunn and I for the day?”

“She’s busy,” her boss spoke for her.

“Yeah, I do have work to do,” Buffy said brightly, finally noticing Spike’s barely contained rage.

“Come on, you can be spared for one day,” Angel leered. “We could use the company.”

“No, I really shouldn’t,” she insisted.

“Okay girl, let me tell you goodbye,” Gunn winked at the other two men and dragged Buffy from the room.

It took a moment for Spike to realize Angel had spoken to him.

“What?” he said when he managed to regain his focus.

“Are you deaf, boy?” Angel snapped, rising from his chair and towering threateningly over the smaller man. “You better fucking listen to me this time. I’ve been letting things slide out of the goodness of my heart, but if this Walsh deal doesn’t pan out, there is going to be hell to pay. You hear me?”

Spike nodded, biting the inside of his cheek until he drew blood to keep himself from yelling out his frustration. “Got it.”

Angel strode out, barked Gunn’s name, and the sounds of them leaving were clear. Buffy peeked her head around the door to see Spike with his head in his hands.

“Are you okay?” She asked tentatively.

“Fine,” he snarled, glaring at her. “Just…get out. Get to work. Leave.” His frustration with Angel, combined with his anger at seeing her with Gunn, made him seek a release for his anger. And she was the only person around to take it out on.

She nodded, her hurt evident on her face, and stalked off.

Spike groaned, regretting snapping at her instantly, and kicked the chair in front of him. “Fuck.”