Author's Chapter Notes:
Another quick update, but you may have to wait a liiiittle bit longer for the next one! Thank you all so much for reading, and for your reviews. I don't own the characters, and a few lines of the dialogue are straight from the show, too. Don't sue.
Buffy headed upstairs the next afternoon, after sleeping away the morning. Once again, everyone but her was out of the house, and she was wondering what could possibly be keeping everyone so busy. When she entered the kitchen, she was surprised to see an unfamiliar dark-haired woman standing at the fridge.

“Um, hi?” she said tentatively, and widened her eyes slightly when the woman spun around. She recognized her from her file. Drusilla Angelus.

“Sunshine!” The woman sang, reaching out one hand delicately to shake Buffy’s. “I’ve been wanting to meet you.”

“I’m Buffy,” she smiled tightly. “You must be Angel’s wife.”

“That I am, princess of the palace,” Drusilla giggled. “And you are Spike’s girl.”

“No, no,” Buffy protested, wondering how much Drusilla saw of her and Spike in the pool. She erred on the side of caution and said, “I’m dating Gunn, actually, you’ve met him?”

“Yes, such a nice boy,” Drusilla smiled. “But you are not his.”

“Huh,” the blonde shrugged, deciding against any sort of argument. The various reports of interactions with Drusilla Angelus weren’t exaggerated. She was a little weird.

“I know my William,” the dark woman smiled gleefully. “He has that look when he talks about you. But he’s being a bad boy, has he told you?”

“No?” Buffy hoped her face was set in a mask of innocent interest.

“He’s trying to be a good man,” Drusilla sighed. “I would never tell Angel, of course, but I think you’d like to know, wouldn’t you?”

Buffy started to speak, but was interrupted by Spike saying harshly, “Dru, are you completely daft? What are you doing here?”

“Now, now, Spike,” his ex pouted. “You’re never glad to see me! I was only here to give you a nice warning, but maybe you don’t deserve to hear it.”

He sighed and apologized, “No, Dru, sorry. What’s your warning?” He seemed to just be humoring her, but Buffy could see a slight interest in his expression.

Drusilla glanced at Buffy with a wicked gleam in her eye, and leaned in to whisper something in Spike’s ear, her hand rising up to lightly stroke his chest. His eyes widened almost imperceptibly, and he shrugged and said, “Well, thanks then. Run along now.”

Drusilla laughed gaily and waved her goodbyes at the two of them, striding out of the room as if she owned the place. Spike listened carefully for the sounds of her leaving the house, and turned to Buffy with a apologetic smile.

“The woman’s on who knows how many pills,” he said. “Has been for years, her ramblings are all drug induced. Don’t listen to anything she says.”

Buffy nodded, and changed the subject, hoping to exorcise Drusilla from the room. “How’d you sleep?”

Her seemingly innocuous question apparently sparked lust in Spike. “Not nearly well enough,” he said slyly, eying her up and down. She blushed under his gaze and felt her entire body warm as he slinked towards her. “Come to my office, Ms. Joyce? I have a…project for you.”

“Oh, really?” Buffy played along with a serious expression. “Well, I should get right on that then. My job is very important to me.”

He grabbed her hand and dragged her quickly towards his study, slamming the door and hastily locking it, and then he was on top of her with the fervor of a starving man presented with a buffet.

“Eager are you, pet?” she mocked his accent and previous words to her once he let her lips go.

“That’s a dreadful accent, love,” he said, pulling up her skirt and grabbing her ass.

“My accent is wonderful!” she pouted, her own hands pulling his shirttail out of his pants and lightly dancing over his back, tracing his muscles.

They silenced each other with another torrid kiss, and Spike started to slide Buffy’s underwear off as he pushed her towards the desk. The room was still a mess, and he pulled away and cleared off the table top with a quick swipe of his arm, ignoring the sound of books and glasses crashing to the floor. She grabbed him back to her quickly, needing contact with him to soothe her raging thoughts. If he was touching her, she could hardly think, and then she couldn’t worry, or be guilty. She could just feel.

He lifted her and set her down on the edge of the desk, pulling her underwear off over her shoes and wrapping her legs around him as he moved in for another kiss. Buffy frantically pulled off his shirt and unbuttoned his pants, need screaming throughout her body, and sighed as she reached in and grasped her hand around his erection. Spike divested her of her shirt and bra then pushed her back so she was laying on the desk, and leaned forward to worship her chest and stomach with wet, desperate kisses.

He made his way up to her throat, nibbling on the thin skin there, and Buffy thrust her hips up against him, seeking any friction she could. She used her feet to push his pants and underwear off of him and then pulled his hips closer, moaning when she felt his cock brush against her.

Spike reached down to his pants pocket and fumbled out his wallet, pulling out a condom and ripping it open with his teeth, sliding it on with one hand while his other was busy stroking Buffy’s wet and eager sex.

He pushed into her quickly, stifling her inevitable cry of delight with one hand. She sucked one of his fingers into her mouth as he began to slide in and out of her, and his eyes rolled back in his head at the dual sensations.

Buffy began to raise her hips up to meet his thrusts, and he removed his hand from her mouth and smashed his lips onto hers in a biting, rough, searing kiss. He pulled away from her , grasped her hips forcefully and raised her off the edge of the desk, slamming into her again and again, wrenching every last bit of pleasure he could out of both of their bodies. His hands ran over her naked flesh, squeezing and teasing her nipples, tracing her curves with a look of utter reverence on his face.

She began to tremble, arching closer towards him, a fireball burning inside her, and raked her nails down his arms as her orgasm took her body. The feeling of her muscles squeezing his cock like a vice grip sent Spike over the edge, and he let forth a shout as he came, his fingertips digging into her so hard he’d leave bruises.

He fell back over her and kissed her gently as they came down from the peaks they’d just reached. Buffy smiled up at him, lightly stroking his face, then sighed her disappointment as he pulled out and left her empty. As he moved away she slid off the desk and straightened the skirt he’d never removed. She put on her bra and underwear, then reached for her shirt to put back on and felt a smack on her ass.

“Hey!” she cried out, faking offense as she pulled her top over her head. “I feel degraded.”

“I’ll degrade you some more, if you want,” Spike leered, but his look of lust shifted into laughter as she playfully reached around and swatted his own behind.

“Maybe next time you can degrade me in a bedroom,” Buffy offered, admiringly watching him dress. “Not that I don’t appreciate the creativity.”

He growled and lunged towards her playfully. Buffy pulled him close and burrowed into his chest, knowing that it was there that she felt safest, where she could forget everything but how she felt. They just held each other tightly, their breath in unison, her body fitting perfectly to his.

“I think you should leave, pet,” Spike murmured quietly into her hair after a few minutes.

“What?” she pulled away, confused.

“I’m not sure it’s safe here right now,” he said, his jaw tensing up. “I think it might be best if you and Gunn quit, took off.” He had to force out the name of her boyfriend, or who he thought was her boyfriend, the word on his lips sounded pained and dry.

“What are you talking about?” she asked. “What’s dangerous? Spike, you need to tell me what’s happening.”

“I can’t, ba—“

“Don’t tell me you can’t!” Buffy exploded, tears threatening to burst out. “You just tell me to leave and think I’m going to accept that? Are you just trying to get rid of me, because if you are--“

Spike grabbed her roughly and pulled her back close to him. “Don’t you ever think that,” he whispered into her face Through his shirt Buffy could feel his coiled muscles, every one of them tensed. “I just want to protect my girl.” When Buffy started to speak, he shushed her, “And don’t say you’re not my girl, you are.”

“I was going to say I don’t need to be protected,” she corrected him.

“Oy, not with the girl power bit,” Spike groaned.

“Shut up. Are you actually firing me?”

“No,” he sighed. “I’m guessing I would never hear the end of that from you as long as we lived.”

His casual reference to a future with her present made Buffy have to suppress a smile. “Well, then I’m staying. Unless you actually tell me what’s going on.”

She knew he wouldn’t, and he didn’t, and the noises of people coming into the house forced a separation sooner than either would have liked. A quick, hurried kiss goodbye, and then Buffy left, aching for some epiphany to hit her so she could figure out what to do.