Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks muchly to those who left such nice reviews, and everyone who's reading. Hope you all enjoy the update, and I'd love to know what you think!
Gunn emerged from the room a short time later, head bowed, hands thrust deep in his pockets.

“How’s she doing?” Buffy asked, not faking her concern. Her gut instinct about Fred had not been negative, and her instincts also told her to believe the woman’s sad story, which meant a true tragedy had occurred.

“She’s…she’s haunted,” Gunn shrugged. “And we have her confession, there’s nothing…I mean, there’s nothing I can do for her, really.”

“No, I suppose not,” she patted his arm in a feeble attempt at consolation. “So she’ll plead guilty?”

“Yeah, get minimum sentence I’m guessing. But that’s still years. Do you believe her?”

“I think I do,” Buffy nodded slowly. “It makes…some sort of sense. If Caleb got my necklace off of me in the car, Darla could have stopped by right when we got to the warehouse and taken it, then done the transfer.”

“Right. So do we think she was actually following Fred, or was heading there for the hit on Giles and it was just a coincidence?”

“Too big of a coincidence. I’m guessing by that point Angelus already had alarms going off in his head about Fred, from his behavior at the warehouse that’s what I’d guess anyway. Two for one, maybe.”

“Well, neither of the two are talking.”

“Darla and Angelus? Yeah, I figured. We don’t need them to, though. We have enough to put both of them away without confessions. If Fred hadn’t…never mind.” His face darkened again, once his mind turned off of work.

“I’m sorry,” Buffy said sympathetically. “You two…there was something there, wasn’t there? More than you told me.”

He stared off at the busy room ahead of them, his eyes unfocused, his jaw slack. “There could have been. We didn’t act on it, but…there could have been.”

She opened her mouth to speak, when Xander hurried over. “Hi. So, there’s a lot of traffic today.”

Both agents stared at him for a moment. “Yeah, and that’s different from any other day how?” Buffy asked in confusion.

“Well, Lindsey, Spike’s attorney? He’s late. And Snyder was off doing a press conference, or something. And he’s late. So is your federal attorney guy or whatever. So Spike is just, waiting. In room three.”


Spike paced the small interrogation room, glad for even just a few more feet of breathing room. They’d left him in that cell overnight and most of the day, with two disgusting meals and one call to Lindsey, and he was finally actually getting the chance to discuss his future. Or lack thereof.

“Finally, I was—“ he spun around to see Buffy entering the room. “Oh. It’s you.”

“Don’t sound so excited,” she snapped, trying not to reveal how far her heart had fallen at the disappointed look on his face. “Snyder’s stuck in traffic so you’re in here for a good half hour or so. If you’d rather be alone, I’ll just—“

“No, I’m sorry, I was just expecting…you know what, doesn’t matter, it’s good to see you.”

“Funny, how I don’t believe you.”

“I never lied to you. You should believe every bloody word I say.”

She recoiled as if he’d slapped her. “What happened to I get it, you were just doing your job?”

“A night in a cell and a bloke gets cranky,” he shrugged, leaning against the edge of the table and folding his arms. He didn’t want to be so hard on her, he wanted to grab her and kiss that pout right off of her lips. But he knew who he was, who she was, and where they were, and so tried to block from his mind what he couldn’t have.

“I’m…I’m sorry.”

“Don’t apologize, you didn’t arrest me. Technically.”

“Look, do you want me to go?’

“Do you want to go?”

“That’s not what I asked.”

“Well, I don’t want you here if you don’t want to be here!”

“You are so stupid and infuriating!” She exploded. “I don’t even know why I bother. You don’t believe I actually want to be with you, you think I was lying about wanting you, when all I can think about—“

Spike dove at her and crashed his mouth down onto hers with passionate force. Buffy responded instantly, instinctively, wrapping her arms around his neck and pressing her body into his. Their tongues met in a familiar, well-rehearsed duel, and their hearts soared, reminding them both of just what they might lose. Their grips were violent and tight, their lips bruising, as if trying to tattoo the memory of each other onto their skin.

Buffy broke away. “Your stomach, does it---“

“It’s fine, don’t worry about it.” He took possession of her lips again, in another soul searching, toe curling kiss. “Fuck, kitten, want you so much, always want you,” he groaned when they separated again.

“Want you too. So, take me,” she breathed back, turning quickly and locking the door. Spike pulled her towards the corner of the room, right next to the large window of one way glass where they’d be least like to be seen, and pushed her knee-length skirt up around her hips. His hands explored the flesh he’d revealed, sending electric shocks all over Buffy’s body with every soft or rough caress.

“Bad idea, you know that, right?” Spike whispered as he dipped one hand under her underwear and found her clit instinctively with his finger.

“Don’t care,” she sighed as the feel of his hands on her sex sent her miles up in the sky. She reached down and began frantically unfastening his pants as he pressed kisses up her throat and across her chest. “And Xander’s keeping watch.”

“Don’t you ever say Xander’s name while we’re doing this.”

“Right, sorry,” Buffy giggled. They kissed again, sweetly this time, and Spike reached up to run his hands through the blonde locks of his lover, stroking them reverently.

“Bloody fuck…don’t have protection,” He almost sobbed in disappointment as her hand closed tightly around his agonizingly hard cock. “Oh…please, baby…”

Buffy didn’t stop her movements as she began to stroke him firmly. “Yes…doesn’t matter, I’m on the…oh God, need you.” His fingers had started to slide into her wet channel the second she’d consented.

He let loose a growl and shoved her shirt up to reveal her breasts encased a pink satin bra. Pulling it down to reveal her chest to his hungry mouth, Spike began to bathe her nipples with his tongue as one hand continued to explore her and bring her so much pleasure.

“Don’t tease me, please, I just need you,” Buffy cried out as quietly as she could, unable to take one more second of life without him inside of her.

“Not arguing with that,” he shoved her thong fully to the side and let her push his pants down further so his cock could be freed. He wrapped her legs around his waist, moved forward and pressed up into her quickly, covering her mouth with his palm as she started to cry out. “Have to be quiet, love. Can’t have the boys in blue coming to see why I’m making you scream….so fucking tight, you are….”

His words made it even harder for Buffy to keep her moans inside of her as he began to move quickly. Every time he slid out of her she wanted to sob with the loss, and sought his return with frantic thrusts of her hips. “Spike, yes, Spike,” she chanted directly into his ear, her hands digging hard into his shoulders as he brought her closer and closer to heaven.

“My angel, my Buffy,” he whispered to her, peppering her face with chaste kisses as he nailed her to the wall with his erection. “You wanted me? You wanted this?”

“I did, I do, I always will,” she responded, and her words raised his passion even higher. He could feel her everywhere, and every inch of her was wonderful, unadulterated perfection. “Wasn’t lying, Spike...couldn’t help myself.”

They kissed again, each desperate to consume the other, simultaneously reaching their releases. They quaked and shivered, moaning and crying their orgasms into each other’s mouths, digging bruises with their fierce grips.

Buffy tore away for breath, panting, and Spike rested his forehead against hers, staring deeply into her eyes. “Well, that’s exactly what I needed,” he teased, reluctantly sliding out of her just in case they were to be walked in on at any moment.

She whimpered at the loss of him, but smiled as he began to fix her up to look presentable. He straightened her underwear, pulled up her bra, and rearranged her clothing to its previous state. He fished turned to the table behind them, grabbed a tissue, knelt in front of her and even carefully cleaned up her inner thighs. “Thank you, kind sir,” she giggled as Spike shoved himself back in his pants and zipped them up.

“You’re very welcome, love,” he laughed. Their lips met in a sweet kiss, which turned into a teasing rubbing of noses, then another, longer, deeper kiss. Spike broke away and sighed, “God, I’ll miss you so much, pet.”

“What? No!” She pushed him away as the perfect moment between them was broken. “Don’t say that.”

“It needs to be said.”

“No! Lindsey’s a good lawyer, right? He’ll figure something out---“

“Kitten, don’t make this harder than it has to be!” He barked. When her face fell, he moved to comfort her. “I’m sorry, I just…”

She evaded his grasp and moved towards the door, unlocking it as she stared him down. “You aren’t even going to try?”

Spike let his head fall forward and stared at his shoes. “I wish there was something I could do.”

“You could fight! Fight it, work with Snyder, fight…fight for me.” Buffy’s voice wavered and her eyes began to fill with tears as she pleaded with him.

“Look, I know what I’ve done and I know what I deserve—“

“You don’t!”

“I’m a bad man, pet. I’m not worthy of you.”

“You are. You so are, and you don’t even know.” He raised his head and observed her, memorizing her hair, her body, the way she was glaring at him with unshed tears in her eyes. “I’ll wait for you,” she finally whispered.

“No, you bloody well won’t,” he moved towards her and seized her arms roughly. “Look at me, Buffy. You will not. You will go on with your life.”

“Let go of me, it’s not your decision.”

“Please, pet, you can’t. I can’t live in some hellhole knowing you’re sad out here. You need go move on, you need---“

A knock on the door shocked them both, and he dropped his hands from her like she’d burned him and backed away.

“That was Xander, that means Snyder’s here,” Buffy said softly. “Spike, please---“

The door flew open.

“Well, well, Mr. Grace, at last we meet,” Snyder said formally as he entered the room, followed by Lindsey. “Ms. Summers, what are you doing here?”

“Just keeping an eye on the prisoner,” she lied. “I was just leaving.” Spike avoided her gaze as she walked out, and Buffy couldn’t help but slam the door behind her.

The second she left the room she wanted to collapse, and hardly made her way to the nearest chair before she did so.

“Buffy, Buffy are you okay?” Willow ran over to her and rubbed slow circles on her back. Xander followed, equally concerned.

“I’m fine, Willow, sorry. Long couple of days.”

“Um, I don’t think you’re fine. You’re crying.”

Buffy frowned and touched her cheeks, finding them to be wet with tears. She hadn’t even noticed.

The liquid on her fingers made her suddenly burst with anger, and she stood abruptly, shocking her two friends. She wouldn’t just sit here, and cry. She wouldn’t be powerless and let the world fuck her over.

With determination brightening her emerald eyes, Buffy stomped towards the room she’d just left.



*So (shameless, shameless fishing), it's my birthday, and I would love it oh so very much if you reviewed to let me know what you think, as a little gift to me. :)*