Author's Chapter Notes:
This is my very first fic so please leave feedback. I have used some lines from Buffy the vampire slayer episode The Gift and Intervention. I don't own these lines or the characters.
The awesome banner was made by Edgehead a HUGE thanks to her *hugs*
Buffy the vampire

Chapter one: Long road home

Giles had convinced Spike that it was a good idea to take the weekend off to do some soul searching with a guide. He had been hesitant at first, not wanted to leave Dawn alone. It was his job as the slayer to protect his younger sister, who only recently had found out the she was ‘the key’. A key that could open portals to hundreds, if not thousands of dimensions. A key in which the hell god Glory was looking for.


It was only a matter of time before Glory figured out that Dawn was the key.


Spike wearily trudged into his house, after spending the weekend with barely any sleep. Dumping his duffle bag by the door, his eyes widened upon seeing all his friends gathered in the lounge room. They were gathering weapons and shoving them into bag’s and belt holsters. Panic rushed through him as the realisation that something must have happened to Dawn while he was away.


His heart sped up. He couldn’t think about it, he wouldn’t . The thought of losing Dawn shook him to the bone. He couldn’t lose her, not after he’d just lost his mother.


“What happened?!” He exclaimed, his voice taken on a shaken tone.


“Spike your back!” Willow turned, looking startled. Spike instantly knew something wasn’t right.


“Dawn where is she?” He looked around the room and started to shake with nerves, noticing her presence wasn’t there.


“Dawn’s fine!” Willow assured. “She’s at Xanders, with Tara.” Spike raised an eyebrow and surveyed the scene in front of him.


“Then what’s with the group meeting?” Spike gestured towards the mess that was now his lounge room. Willow looked around and opened her mouth a few times, as if she was about to say something. Xander cut her off.


“How did the trip go?”


“Right, well, death is my gift,” Spike rolled his eyes.

“Death is you’re what?” Willow asked, confused


“Death. Is. My. Gift.” He said, slower this time. “Bloody load of rot if you ask me. Stop trying to change the topic,” he pointed at all three of them. Xander, Anya and Willow all looked anywhere but at his face. “What the bleeding hell is going on?!”


“W-we where about to head out,” Willow stuttered. “You see… GlorygotBuffy,” She mumbled quickly.


“What?” Spike, eyebrow raised, tried to decipher what Willow had mumbled. His eyes widened when realisation hit. “Oh no… B-Buffy, she knows!” Their was no telling what the female vampire would do. He hadn’t always been able to rely on her when situations got tough. “She knows Dawn’s the key!”


“Hence the weaponry.” Anya said, gesturing to the open weapons chest.


“Grab them!” Spike exclaimed, halfway to the door already.


“In theory that’s a great idea,” Willow said “But where do we start looking?”


“I have a pretty good idea where to start,” Spike was walking so fast, the trio had to run to catch up with his fast paced steps. “We’ll go to the park where I killed Glory’s pet snake,” shifting the axe to his left hand he pressed on. “We’ll just have to start looking through all the apartments. Start with the most expensive ones first.”


“Spike what are you going to do when you find Buffy?” Willow hesitantly asked, the female vampire having grown on her a little bit.


“I don't know,” he sighed “Whatever I have to do to stop her from talking. Even if that means killing her.”