A/N: Ok, so I'm moving house 250 miles tomorrow so I thought I'd better post this chapter now in case I forget tomorrow. There will also be an approximate 4-5 day delay on the next chapter as I need to settle in and get my internet access set up etc. Will try for sooner but it will propbaly be about that long for the next part. That said here is part 5 - enjoy and remember feedback is your friend (might even help me get the chapter out quicker and ignore all the other stuff i have to do.
Sarah
x

Chapter 5

It took another good couple of minutes to get Buffy’s arms and head through the right holes. Spike refused to look at her as he helped but they finally got it done after they’d gotten her head through the other wrong hole once.

If he could breath Spike was sure he’d be hyperventilating. The whole time he’d had his gaze averted he’d panicked about touching her inappropriately but he just couldn’t make himself look. His mind was in overdrive at the feel of her skin and the smell of her so close to him, looking at her too was undeniably not the way to go.

“All done!” he said, feigning cheerfulness for Buffy’s sake. His relief at accomplishing what had seemed almost impossible caused him to forget all about the stain issue. “What should we do now?”

‘Think damnit!’ he yelled to himself, ‘think of something nice and innocuous that won’t make you crazy.’

“TV!” he said grinning like a maniac, incredibly proud of himself. “Kids like TV right. Let’s see if we can’t find some cartoons eh?”

“Cool!” Buffy exclaimed immediately following Spike back to the sofa the promise of TV making her forget about the overalls too. “You didn’t say if you like my dress. Do I look pretty Mr. Spike?” she asked twirling in front of him as he hunted for the remote control.

“Pretty as a picture luv.” Spike replied with a genuine smile; still warring with himself but unable to ignore the innocent question.

Buffy smiled widely as she sat down on the sofa and Spike turned the TV on and found a channel still showing cartoons. They had only been watching for a minute when Buffy started to fidget.

“What’s wrong honey?” Spike asked.

“This smelly old sofa’s uncomfortable.” Buffy asserted “I think I better sit on your knee Mr. Spike.”

“No!!!” Spike exclaimed backing hurriedly along the seat until his back was smashed against the arm.

Buffy’s pout returned with a quivering vengeance. “Don’t you like me any more Mr. Spike?” she asked. “I thought you were my friend.”

“I am sweetheart I am.” Spike said feeling like the biggest jerk in the world for upsetting her again just because he had to fight for control of himself when she was around.

“Then I can sit on your knee!” Buffy beamed brightly, the pout disappearing with suspicious speed.

“Ok, ok.” Spike knew when he was beat. “But you have to be a good girl and sit nice and watch the funny cat on the telly ok?”

“I’ll be good Mr. Spike.” Buffy assured him wasting no time in positioning herself on his lap.

Spike immediately sat straight upright with tension as Buffy slouched in his lap laughing at the cartoons. Her hair was right by his nose and the delicious smell slowly invaded his senses. More memories of the dangerous variety began to swarm unbidden into his brain.

Spike was just reaching the point of jumping up from the seat to get away from her for two seconds in order to sort his head out when Buffy did the worst possible thing she could. Giggling loudly she squirmed in his lap, pushing back against his groin.

Spike was mortified when the combined effects of the persistent and infuriating memories and the pressure of her bum made him grow hard. ‘Oh god I’m disgusting, I’m disgusting’ he said to himself.

Of course Buffy was entirely oblivious and wriggled a bit more getting herself comfy. Spike seriously thought he was about to cry, how could this get any worse? Of course that thought could only possibly mean one thing. It was about to get a LOT worse.

The cartoon she had been watching ended and Buffy was uninterested in the commercial break which followed. Clumsily she turned herself round on Spike’s lap so that her legs were bent on the sofa either side of his.

“Are you sleeping Mr. Spike?” she asked curiously on finding Spike sitting bolt upright with his eyes screwed shut. He was desperately trying to will away his bodies involuntary reaction to hers.

He thought it safest not to answer, maybe she’d climb off his lap if she thought he was sleeping. Of course Buffy had other ideas.

“Mr. Spi-ike!” She sing-songed lifting her hand to tug his eyelid open. “It’s not nap time silly! Wakey wakey sleepy head!”

Spike gulped before letting out a strangled groan as Buffy moved herself forward prying both lids up and sticking her face right in front of him. “I’m awake I’m awake!” he said desperately, taking her upper arms and gently placing her further back along his thighs, out of the danger zone.

Buffy pouted for a moment staring at him intently. “Are you going to go bumpy again?” She asked him.

“No luv. No bumps here.” He said still struggling to get a grip on himself.

“But your face went all red and angry looking like on the porch when you went bumpy.”

“I just had a bit of a cramp sweetheart.” Spike said, starting to regain a little composure now.

“I want you to go bumpy.” Buffy demanded.

“Not just now eh?” Spike said, thinking it probably wasn’t wise to let his demon to the fore just now.

“Please. Please, please, please Mr. Spike.” Buffy said turning on the big puppy eyes that he couldn’t resist in even normal circumstances. “I’ll be really good I promise.”
“Ok,” he sighed, “but only once ok. And only for a second or two.”

“Ok!” Buffy smiled in obvious joy.

Spike did as she asked and flashed his vamp face again. The requisite giggles rent the air as Buffy enjoyed the show. However it was over too quickly in Buffy’s mind and when Spike changed his features back ready to move her off his lap and try to find some distraction, she reached out with her right hand and started to prod his forehead.

“Make it stay bumpy!” she demanded, prodding repeatedly.

“No Buffy, I said just once and I meant it.” Spike said.

Buffy didn’t heed a word and kept prodding now using both hands. Gently but firmly Spike took her wrists in his hands and held them away from him.

She laughed and tried to pull her hands free causing another of those increasingly frequent flashes in Spike’s brain. He and Buffy tearing each others clothes off in his crypt. Wrestling to be the one in control, pinioning each others arms just as he was doing with hers now.

There was only one thing for it. Spike put his vamp face on and Buffy immediately stopped trying to free her hands.

“That’s soooo neat!” she squealed excitedly. “I like you Mr.Spike, you’re my favouritest grown-up!” Suddenly she launched herself forward, wrapping her arms tightly around his neck. She hugged him fiercely. Her smell haunting him again along with the feel of her body pressed against his.

‘I’m a very bad man!’ was all Spike could think as his body reacted again. Carefully he extracted himself from her hug, setting her on her feet before him.

“Well, I like you too Buffy, you’re a lovely little girl. Let’s have some fun shall we?” He racked his brain. With a smile he finally spoke. “Wanna play hide and seek?”

He had to have a physical break from her. He knew there was no way on earth he was going to do anything to her no matter how bad it got but this was killing him as surely as if he decided to go out and have an hours sunbathing. He couldn’t tell her that, for some reason she was very attached to him and he didn’t want to hurt her feelings. He just prayed she’d agree to play and thus give him the tiniest respite from her intoxicating presence and his overwhelming guilt.

TBC………..
There may actually be some ‘relief’ insight for Spike, then again………………..want more?