Chapter 7

Spike stared at the open front door, mouth agape. ‘Idiot’ he cursed himself. ‘She’s four….kind of…..not bloody stupid. She’s already run off once tonight, was probably just biding her time til I was stupid enough to give her the chance to run off again. Probably gone searching for her mum and Dawn. What the fuck am I going to do?’

Just as he’d decided he’d have to go look for her the phone rang. As he had when Buffy knocked on the bathroom door Spike leapt about a foot in the air. He snatched it up and grunted unintelligibly into it.

“Spike?” Giles said on the other end. “We think we might have something. Can you keep her entertained for a little while longer? Hopefully we can do the reversal from here. Should be about 15 minutes, can you manage for a while?”

“Uh, yeah! Sure thing Watcher.” Spike lied into the phone his eyes still fixed disbelievingly on the door.

“Good hopefully it won’t be too long before we have our Buffy back. Fingers crossed. Oh and Spike, keep her out of the chocolate ice cream won’t you? She’s bad enough for stealing it when she’s ……..er….. ‘normal’ as it were. She’ll no doubt try to get you to give her some.”

“Right, yeah.” Spike replied absently. “Whatever you say Rupert. Look mate I……er…… something’s come up……….I gotta go.”

In the Magic Box Giles stared in true comedy fashion at the receiver now emitting a ‘dead’ tone.

“Well!” he said. “That was rude! Just hung up and ran off! Oh god I hope he hasn’t let her ‘trash’ my house.”

“Trouble over at Fort Giles?” asked Willow looking up from the book she was feverishly scanning.

“I bloody well hope not!” Giles exclaimed. “Spike’s a grown man, and obviously a vampire, if anyone should be able to control her, he should. He did sound decidedly out of sorts though.”

“Yeah…” said Willow slightly hesitantly. “Actually, I was just kind of wondering whether leaving him with her was entirely the smartest thing to do.”

“Meaning?” Giles looked a tad perturbed and began to clean his glasses.

“Well, you know, first off – Vampire…… all fangy and grrrr. Second, Spike with a kid? I mean he was raised in Victorian England. Not exactly easy on the kiddies over there in those days.”

“I’m sure Spike can think of plenty of ways to keep Buffy out of trouble without resorting to a recreation of his own childhood.” Giles said uncertainly rubbing his glasses just a little harder.

Willow cocked an eyebrow at him. “I dunno, he’s not big with the patience, even by vamp-y standards.”

“Well….” Giles answered. “Much as I’m reluctant to say this, Buffy was a tad unruly for us. Maybe a firmer hand was needed. In fact,” he continued popping his glasses back on, “given Spike’s experience of how children should behave, he’s probably the best man, er, vampire for the job.”

Willow still looked sceptical but Giles had his version of resolve face on so she went back to the spell that they thought was the one they needed.

“Lets get on with trying this spell then.” Giles said heartily. “I’m sure Spike has everything under control.”

Back at Giles’ apartment Spike had put the phone down, grabbed his duster and headed out at speed. If he had to search the whole town he’d find her! The thought of her running about not knowing she had slayer strength let alone how to use it, emotionally and consequently physically vulnerable made his blood run cold-(er).

He’d been fruitlessly searching for about ten minutes before his brain kicked into gear and he actually thought about using his vampire sense of smell to look for her. He picked up her old scent where she’d been earlier but there was no new scent anywhere.

He back-tracked all the way back to Giles house and still nothing. He stood outside trying to work out what that meant. Had those gits grabbed her when she got out the door and done something magical to her?

Running a hand through his hair in frustration he went back inside. His mind now in overdrive trying to puzzle out what could have happened. One thing he was certain of was that he’d left it too long already. If those annoying little boys had her he had to tell Giles and the others now.

He stalked into the kitchen and grabbed the phone receiver, pulling the whole thing off the wall in his haste.

“Bugger!” he swore and was startled to hear a giggle from the corner of the room.

His head whipped round to find Buffy sitting in a small alcove under the counter at the far end of the kitchen.

“Told you I was good at this game.” She beamed at him. “I opened the door as a little trick, I knew you’d think I went outside!”

For a moment Spike’s mouth opened and shut like a fish out of water. Relief, and anger warring inside of him as he realised she’d actually tricked him on purpose, had been sitting here all the time he was out looking, worried out of his mind. The little brat!

With a growl he grabbed her arm and hauled her out of her hiding place. Almost throwing her the length of the kitchen. He knew his reaction was strong and that most probably he was scaring the crap out or her but he just couldn’t help himself. The mixture of relief, terror and anger were all consuming. His time looking for her had been a completely different kind of torture to what he had been feeling up to that point. He was fast realising that this torture was even stronger emotion wise.

“Get in there.” He said pointing to the living room. Not sure exactly what he planned to do in there but envisaging a severe talking to. When she didn’t move immediately he growled again as he moved towards her.

Buffy squeaked and all but ran out of the kitchen into the living room. As he followed her gaining on her every second she brought her hands back to cover her bottom.

“I’m sorry Mr.Spike.” she said as she scuttled ahead of him, not exactly sure why Spike was so angry but knowing she was in big trouble. “Please don’t spank me. I didn’t mean to be naughty.”

Spike hadn’t even considered it up to that point. He was still incredibly shaken but suddenly the idea seemed the only course of action to really impress upon her the seriousness of what she had done, of how she had made him worry.

Turning her around to face him he pulled her hands from behind her back to rest at her sides, maintaining a firm grip on her upper arms. He shook her a little as he bent his face to hers.

“You were very, very naughty Buffy.” He said almost in a hiss, before promptly seating himself and taking her over his knee.

Buffy squirmed and tried to get up but this only caused Spike to hold her more tightly around her middle as he positioned her across his lap.

“Please. Mr Spike. I’m sorry!” she said still attempting to squirm out of his grasp.

“You bloody will be!” he said bringing his hand down firmly on her covered ass.

“Owww!” Buffy squealed. Her legs kicking body wriggling.

“Pretending to run off like that was very,” Spank

“very,” Spank

“naughty.” Spank.

“I was very,” Spank

“very,” Spank,

“worried about you.” Spank, spank, spank.

“Please Mr.Spike I – I – d-din’t know.” Buffy hiccoughed as she began to cry.

“Well you’ll know all about it when your bottoms warmed good and proper won’t you?” Spike said, beginning to lay smacks on her bottom faster.

He landed a hard spank right on her sit-spot and Buffy’s entire body went rigid. Spike thought maybe he’d laid that one on a little hard even for the slayer, maybe she felt pain like a four year old. Had he been able to see Buffy’s face however he’d have noticed a very perplexed expression appear on it, not one of pain.

Buffy felt like she had just woken up, where the hell was she? She tried to straighten up only to find that she was being restrained. From what she could see it looked like she was in Giles’………..OWW!

The whole evening came rushing back to Buffy with the slap to her ass. She remembered everything! For a second outrage and embarrassment vied for supremacy within her but just as quickly the wicked part of her took over. She was over Spike’s lap and he was spanking her, and who’d have thought it would feel so good! She felt herself growing wet as Spike continued to punish her.

Spike had been so lovely all night and she had worried him so much, it was only fair she took her spanking wasn’t it? A smirk formed on her lips before she resumed her wiggling and crying.

“Please Mr. Spike I-I’m so-or-rry.” She wailed.

Just then the phone rang and Spike cursed. Standing Buffy up he took her by the upper arms again and looked into her tear streaked face.

“I’m sorry I had to do that Buffy.” He said voice and face full of sincerity but I was just so worried about you. He enveloped her in a bear hug before letting go quickly and heading for the phone. “You just stay there sweetness while I get this then you and me are going to have a little talk.”

“Hello?” he said into the receiver. “No……. same as ever………no I don’t think so. No, she doesn’t seem any older at all…….hang on…..”

Spike moved the receiver from his ear and looked at Buffy carefully. “Buffy luv? How old are you?”

Buffy thought quickly, she had plans for fun with Spike, she didn’t want to let him know straight away that the spell had worked that she was fully restored. “Six.” She said sticking her thumb in her mouth for effect, after she had spoken.

“Six?” Spike said.

“Er, Giles?..... apparently something happened, she seems to have come on two years since you did the spell. Can you do it again? Stronger ingredients or something?.........well don’t you carry that kind of stuff in the shop?......Ok,ok. We’ll just have to wait then won’t we? Yes I’ll stay with her. Ok mate bye”

The spell couldn’t be repeated again straight away, some bollocks to do with a rare crystal that had to cool down before Willow could try again. Spike could have screamed. Now he was condemned to even more torture. Was a six year old slayer going to be any easier to handle?

He found out soon enough as he walked back over to Buffy and motioned for her to sit on the sofa. She took her thumb out of her mouth slowly before fixing him with a scowl.

“Go away!” she said petulantly. “You’re mean, you spanked me and I don’t like you anymore.”

‘Oh this is gonna be fun’ Spike thought in exasperation at the exact same moment as Buffy thought it with huge relish.

TBC………..