Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey guys, I think last time I updated was last summer O_o I'm sorry, I've been working on my book that's going to be published soon, this chapter has been written for awhile so, I'm going to post it and try to finish the story :)

xKandyix {Candie}
A New Beginning

I could feel it through-out my being. The rest of our lives would be different. Life would be good--for once.

We where in the sewers now, so I leaned against Spike and held on to him tightly. I wouldn't lose him--ever again.

A smile spread across my face; a smile of hope. I stopped and Spike did too. I hugged him and said,

"I can't believe it. Our time line has completely changed. I wonder if we'll get pulled back into our present."

"I bet so, pet, I just dunno when."

"Me either, but at least we'll be there together."

"Yeah. Together this time 'round"

I leaned into his side as we came near the end of the tunnels.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we got home, I saw Dawn studying, but when she saw us, she looked up at us expectantly.

"So...?" She asked.

I ran over and hugged her and told her quietly, "We did it!"

"We're going to be okay? Glory 's gone?" She looked right into my eyes with an unreadable expression.

"Yeah, we're going to be okay."

"Thank God!" She said as she hugged me tightly, then got up and hugged Spike.

"Come over here Buffy." She opened her arm and gestured for me to come over, so I did. We shared a big group hug.

"I have a family now. More than just a big sister and a good friend. I actually have, well, a Mom and Dad now. I love you guys." She let go and went back to studying.

I hugged Spike for a good minute and pondered what she said.
After a moment I realized that, yes, we are a family, and we will always will be.

"We love you too, Dawn, and you're right, we are a family." I smiled at her lovingly. Ever since Mom died, I thought of Dawn as my daughter. I guess it was because she was made from me, but now, it's like she really is my daughter. Like she's mine to look after, even more so now that the Glory fiasco is over.

Spike pulled me into his side and said, "Sis is right Bit, we are a family."

I smiled at his words; they put even more hope in me.

"How about we all go out for dinner tonight?" Spike suggested.

Dawn looked excited, and she practically bounced out of her seat while saying,
"Yeah! Can we Buffy?"

"Why not?" I agreed. After all, I haven't been out in months.

"Right then. Bit finish your homework and then, at sunset we'll go."

Dawn smiled widely, "Okay!"

"Need any help, Dawnie?" I asked.

"Nope, this stuff is pretty easy, you two go do what ever you guys do. I'll be fine right here."

"All right," I said as I fallowed Spike out of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


A few hours later, Dawn, Xander, Giles, Willow, Tara, Spike and I where all out at Friendly's restaurant, eating and celebrating a new beginning.

"This is great, we get a smooth ride. Well, for awhile anyway," Xander spoke.

I laughed a little and said, "Yup! We get to have a happy life, and possibly a more or less normal one, but I'm really happy that we all get to live our lives to the fullest, and not worry about our impending doom!"

Giles smiled warmly, "Yes, quite."

I felt so warm inside; like things where going to be okay, and that maybe, just maybe, we wouldn't be the only ones left standing. That those teen girls that died in the battle were going to be able to live normal teen lives and worry about who wore what in class today instead of worrying about how to get a blood stain off their shoulder.

"So," Anya started, "there won't be any more impending doom? We all could get married and have kids without worrying about dying the next instant?"

I stared at her blankly for a moment, but Spike looked at me then back at her and said, "Yeah."

"Good," she said proudly.

"Buffy?" Dawn asked.

Looking up, I replied to her, "Yes?"

"I was thinking, we never really get to go out like this and it feels normal, but sorta boring at the same time, and that makes me wonder. Will we still have some excitement in our lives?"

I sighed, "Dawn, just because Glory's gone, it doesn't mean there won't be any more trouble. I'm still The Slayer, so we still might have an apocalypse or two."

"Right," was all she said.

Spike spoke up, "Don't worry bit. The biggest thing that we needed to avoid is gone, so the world won't end for at least two years."

"That was calming," Dawn said as she looked at her food.

"Dawn, we'll be just fine," Tara comforted her.

"Yeah, Dawnie, no one else we love will die, I'm sure of it," Willow spoke calmly.

"Okay, I'm just...I don't want to say goodbye to anyone I love ever again," Dawn said.

"You won't," I said firmly. "You won't. We're going to make sure of it."

"Thanks, Buffy,"

I kissed her hair and said, "No problem, Dawnie."

~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the evening was filled with fun and laughter. Once we got home, Dawn went straight to bed and I followed soon after.

"You coming?" I asked Spike.

"Yeah, I'm just gonna make sure every thing's locked up. Even though most things could come in anyway, I don't want to have to worry about the human world, too."

"Okay," I said as I ran up the stairs.
Five minutes later I was cuddled in Spike's arms, sleeping but, a familiar voice soon woke me up.

"Buffy, Spike, wake up."

Spike shot up and I was awake soon after. We both looked ahead and saw,

"Mom?" I asked.

"Joyce?" Spike questioned.

"Buffy, Spike, it's good too see you two together."

"Yeah, it's good to be together," I said.

"Well, it's time for me to get to the point." She cupped her hands together as she spoke.

I looked at her nervously. "What point Mom?"

She looked at us both warmly and said, "Spike, you where such a hero in that last battle, and I think that you should get a reward. Actually you both deserve something. Buffy, honey, I know that awhile ago you wanted a normal life, but I can't give you that as your reward. Spike, I know that you love my daughter and you want to be able to help her when you have to, so I can't give you the chance to be human because that would take away the ability you have to protect her, but, instead, I can give you both something equally as amazing."

"What is it Joyce?" Spike asked, amazed.

"Children, "she said calmly.


Chapter End Notes:
Did you like it? :)