Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to edgehead73 for the banner and thanks to chocoholicgirl03
Spike walked into Willy?s bar, tossing a demon off a stool and taking the seat himself. He needed a drink and bad. He could not get the Slayer out of his head. And and to be that possessive of her, well that got to him more than he wanted to admit. Catching Willy's attention with a wave of his hand, he placed his order. "Hey give me bottle of Jack and shot of blood, O Neg if you've got it. Don?t give me the cheap half watered down stuff you give everyone else. And tell me what you know of the Slayer." Spike demanded of the weaselly little bartender.

Willy was shaking in his shoes. Spike's reputation in town preceded his entrance to the bar. He didn’t know what was worse Spike or the Slayer. Swallowing hard he set the shot glass of blood and the bottle of whiskey in front of Spike. "I don’t know much about her. Except she has come in here a few times to ask questions." He sighed deeply. " Well she doesn’t really ask them as much as she hits me until I tell her stuff she wants to know. And that vampire, Angel, is with her. And I can tell you she can’t stand him! He's always trying to touch her and protect her. He makes her even more mad at him when he tries to tell her what to do. She keeps telling him to shut up and back off before she loses her temper and stakes him." Willy told Spike, hoping he was helpful enough to save his own hide.

Spike growled deeply, eyes flashing yellow. "WHAT!!! That pouffy ponce Angelus is here on the Hellmouth!! Why the hell is he hangin with the Slayer?!" Spike mumbled half to himself as he slammed his shot glass onto the bar.

Willy flinched, backing up a few steps. If Spike decided to come over the bar at him, at least he'd have enough space to make a run for the back exit. "H-he's working with the Slayer. Word is that he has a soul now. Did you not know that? I thought everybody knew." Willy explained to Spike. "Story I've heard is he attacked some gypsy girl. She didn't go willingly and fought him as much as she could but end the end he killed and torture her and left her for the clan to find her. The clan cursed him with a soul so he'd remember every person he'd ever killed and feel guilty for it."

Spike nodded slightly. Well, that made some of the things Dru was ranting about make more sense he mumbled as he walked out of the bar with the bottle of Jack in his grasp. She bloody well knew Angel was here. That was why she was in such a hurry to get to this God for saken town. Heading back to the warehouse he'd chosen as their lair, he growled under his breath. Damn Angel. Always sticking his nose into what wasn't his. First Dru, now that Slayer too. Was Angel so bloody insecure that to prove to himself he was a man was to steal the girl Spike was with? Wasn't it enough that he always had to play second fiddle to Angel in Dru's eyes?! Growling deeply he kicked over a trash can. Maybe, just maybe if the Slayer hated Angel as much as he did, he could get rid of two problems at once and have the two of them kill each other. Now that plan had some promise. Give the Slayer a good reason to think Angel was up to his old tricks and she'd have no problem taking him out. And if she died in the fight, well, that would just be one less problem. It would be a shame though. For a Slayer, she was a sexy little thing. He'd had enough booze, blood, and cigarettes to not over think his feelings for the Slayer.


"What in the hell is going on around here?! Giles?!" Buffy called as she stormed into the Magick Box.

"Buffy, language. I am sure your mother would not approve of you speaking like that." Giles informed his slayer with an amused smile on his face.

"I'm sorry Giles but the weirdness factor of this just went up a couple dozen notches!" Looking around, Buffy stopped talking and looked around to see who was there. "Oh good they're not here. Where are Nyaya and Mom?"

"Your mother went home to read and sleep. You are to head there as soon as you report to me. Nyaya is in the back. Do you need her also?" Giles asked sensing there was more than there appeared to be in her rant.

Buffy sighed deeply, nodding. "Yeah, I do. Maybe two heads are better than one on this pickle I'm in."

Nyaya came from the back room, taking a long look at Buffy. There was definitely something troubling the girl. "Buffy, child, you seem to be agitated. Why don't you tell us what's going on."

Buffy threw her hands up in the air before flopping into a chair. "I so am! I have a lot of things going on right now and I am only one person! First of all I do NOT like Angel does he really need to live? Cause gotta say, he doesn't listen that well or at all. I tell him not to touch me and what does he do?! Start trying to put his arm around me and hold my hand and stuff!" She wrinkled her nose. "I mean how hard is it to understand three little words? Don't. Touch. Me. And then there's Willow and Xander. I like them okay for the most part, but they are a bit demanding. And they don't listen that well either. Xander is almost as worse than Angel. Willow is a little bit of a control freak in a totally geek sort of way. She telling me where to patrol and how much time I should spend in one graveyard based on how many people were buried there and the likely number of places a vampire could hide. Not that it's not a good idea, but I don't have time to process that on patrol! Now I have this other vamp who wants to kill me. Yeah, I know big surprise on that one." She sighed deeply, rubbing her aching neck. "But this one feels different......" She looked down at the table, scrubbing off an imaginary bit of dirt with her finger. She SO did not want to tell Giles about this, but he was her Watcher and maybe he'd know what was going on and fix it. "And.... ummm......heturnnedmeon." Buffy babbled in one breath, barely loud enough to be heard to her watcher and mage.

Taking off his glasses and beginning to polish them, Giles cleared his throat. "Buffy, what was that last part you said?" He'd heard her, but he really hoped she hadn't heard her right. None of his training had prepared him for most of what dealing with Buffy entailed.

Nyaya lightly patted Giles on the shoulder, trying not to smile. It would only upset Buffy more. Sitting across from her at the table she kept her voice calm. "It's all right Buffy. Why don't you just tell us what happened. You can leave out some of the details if you want."

Buffy sighed deeply, glancing up at Giles. "Okay..... which part do want repeated? The part about Angel, Xander and Willow?' 'Cause gotta say, I can go on forever about that and not leave anything out." Looking back down, she leaned back into the chair. "Or about the vampire that wants to kill me and all I want to do is grab him and kiss him?" Buffy asked hesitantly.

Giles grabbed his glass off his face again and started to polish them vigorously. As fond of he was of Buffy, this was quickly becoming more than he was equipped to handle at the moment. He knew he should report all of this to the Council, but they would likely just overreact and place Buffy in danger. She might not be the Slayer they wanted, one that would be easily controlled, but that fact would likely keep her alive longer than most.

Nyaya smiled at Buffy, ahhh to be that young again. "It's all right Buffy, we'll figure this out. You say that you found this vampire attractive?" She asked gently. The entire situation was confusing enough for the poor girl. There was no sense upsetting her more by getting overly upset that rather attractive packaging was wrapped around a vampire.

Buffy shook her head slightly, forgetting for a moment that Giles was still in the room. "Nyaya, attractive doesn't a even come close to covering it when it comes to Spike. Oh, that's his name. Did I not say that before? Spike's like major salty goodness. High cheek bones, blue eyes, nice body, and this sorta Britishly accent. Not all cultured like Giles', it's different, all sorta rough around the edges, you know what I mean?" She looked at Nyaya pleadingly, hoping she understood. "Ohhhh yeah major hottie......" She sighed, thinking about Spike.

Giles sighed deeply. This was quickly becoming very uncomfortable for him. "Yes, Buffy, we get it. You think this vampire is..... hot." He flinched at using the term. Teenage American slang was not something he was comfortable using in any circumstance. "Is there anything ELSE you can tell us that DOESN'T have to do with his appearance?" His tone took on a note of pleading, hoping to get some information he could use and move away from the more uncomfortable aspects of the already awkward conversation.

Trying not to laugh at the Watcher's attitude, Nyaya nodded. "That's probably a good idea Buffy. Can you remember anything else about him. Maybe something he said." Glancing up at Giles, she smiled softly. "Why don't you go get us all something to drink and some snacks. It will help us all think better."

Settling his glasses back on his face, Giles nodded with a deep, relieved sigh. "Yes, yes, a very good idea. I'll make some tea." Muttering to himself about teenagers.

Looking over at Nyaya, Buffy sighed softly. "I'm messed up, aren't I? I mean finding a vampire hot and stuff......" She bit her lip to hold back a sniffle. The evening had been a lot to handle.

Gently laying a hand on Buffy's shoulder, Nyaya shook her head. "No, Buffy, not at all. You can't be blamed for noticing he was attractive. You're young. And from the sound of it, anyone would find it difficult not to notice he's attractive. There's nothing wrong with you." She smiled. "No, if it had been, oh, say, a Chaos Demon, then I would think something is wrong with you. How anyone could find the gray/green skin and slime dripping antlers attractive is beyond my understanding."

Buffy laughed softly, managing a faint smile. "Thanks Nyaya. I guess you're right. He did talk about some other stuff, and the other vamp I dusted worked for Spike, or something, I think, he was talking about Spike too."

Coming back to the table with a mug of tea for himself and Nyaya, as well as a can of soda for Buffy, Giles sighed. "All right Buffy, please continue. But first, I want to apologize to you for acting the way I did about your reaction to Spike. I know you're suppose to mate with a vampire, so you being attracted to a vampire is, well, I guess normal." He shrugged slightly. "Just be careful because well, they ARE vampires"

Buffy smiled over at Giles, looking deeply relieved. "Oh, Giles, thank you SO much! I completely forgot that part about destined to mate with a vampire. I sorta forgot that part with saving the girl at the club and dusting the one vampire and fighting Spike. Not to mention everything else I've got going on in my life." She shook her head. "But Spike did mention one other thing besides wanting to kill me. He said he killed someone he called the Annoying One. And somehow I don't think that was his actual name, but that's what Spike called him." Buffy explained to them.

"WHAT?! The anointed one!" Giles said with astonishment, almost spitting tea across the table.

Buffy shrugged. "I guess so. He just kept calling him the Annoying One. I just pretended like I knew what he was talking about."

"Well, that does put a different light on things....." Giles murmured. "Just a moment, I believe I have something in a book about this." Getting up he unlocked a cabinet under the counter, looking through several old books.

"Did Spike or the other vampire say anything else that might be helpful?" Nyaya prompted Buffy.

"No, nothing else. Just lots of talk about killing the Annoying One, killing me, blah blah blah, the usual vampire stuff." Buffy said with a sigh. "I need to get home. I still have some homework and if it's too late, Mom will be really worried. She's probably waiting up for me."

Giles barely glanced up from the book he was reading. "Yes, all right Buffy. Come by as soon as you can tomorrow so we can discuss what we should do next."

Nodding, Buffy got up. "Will do Giles. Night. Night Nyaya." Pulling on her jacket she left the shop. Thankfully Sunnydale wasn't that big of a town and it was a short walk home. She really wasn't in the mood to deal with anymore vampires for the night


Chapter End Notes:
As always I don't own buffy and please review