Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to Chocoholicgirl03 and thanks again edgehead73 for the banner
Buffy sat staring at the clock waiting for the bell to ring so she could go the library to see what Giles found out about the hottie vampire. As the bell rang, she all but ran out of her algebra class. "Vampires and demons I can handle, but numbers that are imaginary, that's just weird." In her hurry to get as far from evil algebra as possible, she didn't even see pretty, popular, captain of the cheer leading squad, and not to mention filthy rich Cordilla Chase until she bumped into her.

"Well, if it isn't the freak Buffy." Cordilla said with a toss of her chestnut hair. " Why don't you watch where you're going?"

"Cordy I am sorry I ran into you, but really you don't have to be such a bitch about it." Buffy turned her back and took off to the library, not noticing Cordy's hurt look and that she was slowly following her to the library.

When Buffy walked into the library she noticed everyone was there, including her Mom and Angel. "This is not good......." She murmured softly. "Uhhmmm hi Mom, what brings you here? Or do I want to know? I'm not in trouble, am I?" Setting down her books she edged closer to Nyaya who she hoped would be a voice of reason.

Joyce smiled, amused at her daughter's rambling. "No Buffy, you're not in trouble. I am here cause Mr. Giles told me of about what happened while you were on patrol last night. We thought we'd talk about it all together with you." She explained calmly.

"What happen on patrol last night? I was there and nothing out of the ordinary happened. Except her need to party instead of doing her duty." Angel muttered, arms crossed. He was not at all pleased to have so many other people involved in this. It would just be so much easier if he was the only one she had to lean on. All of this was giving him a headache. One that would be eased by some time with Dru.

Buffy rolled her eyes at the vampire. "First of all Angelus," She moved toward him, green eyes flashing. She used his evil name on purpose to remind him she knew who and what he was. "I don't even think you need to be here. I did my duty not just in the cemeteries but also at the Bronze. While you were off brooding I staked a vamp out in the alley and saved a girl's life. So there!" Buffy said as she stuck her tongue out at him.

"Yeah blood breath! She totally blew me off when I went to help her with one of the vamps." Xander glared at Angel before looking over at Buffy. " What was with that? I thought we were suppose be a team."

"Yeah, Xander, a TEAM. That means we work together and you listen to me when I tell you to get the hell out of my way. I'm not doing it to be a bitch, I'm doing it to save you. Willow, please don't tell me where to patrol and how long to be in one place. It's not a scientific thing. I just go with what my gut tells me where the baddies are. I am the Slayer not you guys. I don't mean to be mean but you guys got in your head that you can tell me what to do and how to do it. If you're going to help, I need you to back off and let me do this my way. And if you can't handle it, Xander, Willow" She looked pointedly at Angel. "Angelus, then you can leave. I think you know where the door is." Buffy explained hoping they'd get it this time.

Willow blushed, stammering slightly. "I-I don't need to be in control Buffy. I figured you were new here and didn't know this town, so I thought I could help."

Buffy gave her a smile. "Wills, I pretty much stick to cemeteries and they're not all that hard to find. Especially in this town."

As they were all talking they didn't notice Cordilla had come in and was listening to their conversation. The door opened and another girl slipped in. Sighing softly as she listened to the conversation she couldn't help but stare at Nyaya and Buffy.

Oh my Goddess!! Their auras are so beautiful......" Tara murmured softly.

Sensing a powerful good aura enter the room Nyaya made her way over to Tara. Smiling softly she took her hands. "Who are you my child?"

Angel stepped forward, forcing Nyaya to move out of the way. Growling, his eyes glowed yellow and his featured began to shift. "What do you think you are doing here, girl? You have no business here! Now, I suggest you get out before something bad happens......."

"T-T-This is the school library and I'm a student. I can see that you're not. W-Why are you here vampire?" Tara said with a boldness she did not know she possessed.

Angel went to get closer to the timid girl but was stop when some surge of power pushed him back several steps. Thinking it came from Nyaya he growled at her. "Why did you do that? The slayer is suppose to be a secret!" He snarled.

"Angelus I did no such thing to you." Nyaya said, clearly not intimidated by him.

"S-she didn't do it. I did. I don't like using my majick on anyone, but you were threating me. It was gonna be me or you." Tara explained.

Buffy shoved Angel aside. "Stop being a jerk Angelus. Hi Tara I'm Buffy. And as you heard, I'm the Slayer. Do you know what that is?" Buffy asks as she shook her hand and felt it in her soul that she could trust this girl completely.

Tara smiled shyly with a nod. "Yes I know who you are. M-my mother knew about things and she told me about Slayers. Like a bedtime story for me when I was little." She murmured softly.

Easily slipping past a very unhappy looking Angel Joyce came over to Tara. "Hello Tara. I'm Joyce, Buffy's mother." This girl seemed the sort you could trusted right away. Joyce sighed softly, hearing from Giles that Xander and Willow didn't have great home lives. This girl also seemed lost and lonely and in need of a little motherly love. "What did you mean when you said they're beautiful?"

Tara smiled shyly at Joyce. "T-Their auras. I can see auras. Buffy's and the mage's are so bright and beautiful." She smiled a little more. "Yours is beautiful too. It looks like my mother's. S-she passed away. The vampire's looks like my father's and brother's, dark and ugly." Tara explained.

"My aura can't be dark I have a soul!" Angel said with pompousness.

"Yeah so did Ted Bundy and Charlie Manson." Buffy explained with a rise of her eyebrow. "And your point would be.....?"


"AAAHH! My head..." Cordilla screamed from her hiding spot behind the stacks.


Chapter End Notes:
I don't own Buffy and please feed the muse and review