Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks again to chocoholigirl03 and edgehead73
"Huh.... Well that was fast...... Wasn't expecting either of them to get this so soon." Whistler said, watching the fuss over Cordelia.

Everyone jumped when he spoke. He had a bad habit of popping in out of thin air without warning.

Buffy glared over at him. "I swear one of these days we're sticking a bell on you. Like a cat. So we can hear you when you pop in like that!"

Grinning at her mild threat Whistler simply shrugged and waved.

Gently guiding Cordelia to one of the more comfortable chairs in the library, Nyaya helped her walk. "Come and sit here my dear. Buffy, would you be so kind and go run to the nurses office and get a cold compress for the seer. Nyaya said

"Back the bus up here people. Who or what is the Seer and why does it have to be the queen bi.... bee of the school?!" Buffy said. She wanted to protest more, but with the way everyone including Nyaya were making a fuss over Cordelia, questions were better saved until she could get answers. "OK, fine, I'm going. I better not miss anything important!" Muttering to herself she headed to get the ice pack.

"I will wait till our girl gets back so I can tell everybody just one time about the new additions to your group." Whistler stated, waving a friendly hello to Tara.

"We don't need anyone new I think we have it under control. I mean Xander and I are helping Buffy now too. Plus there's Nyaya and Mr. Giles." Willow said, not liking the fact that it was Cordy who would be joining their group. Cordy had a long history of doing what she could to make school life as miserable as possible for Willow and Xander. "And the girl Tara with her witchy powers. How are I and Xander gonna fit with these guys. It's not like Cordy is gonna listen to anyone. We're having enough problem with just getting Buffy to do what she should do."

Tara sat down beside her, voice soft. "You're aura's all muddy. I can help you if you want. Help you to learn how to focus and control your mind with some meditation. It's really easy. I can sense a lot of power in you. I can show you how to tap into it and use it to do things like I did to the big vampire."

Looking over at her, Willow listened intently. "It would be interesting to learn more about magic. Real magic. Do you really think I can do it?"

Nodding, Tara smiled softly. "I'd be happy to start teaching you. If you don't learn some control, your natural ability with magic could get turned into something very dark. You wouldn't be yourself."

Swallowing hard, and the color draining from her face, Willow nodded. "OK....."

Coming back with the ice pack, Buffy handed the ice pack to Nyaya. "Here. I had to pop the lock on the door to get in the office. She'd already left. Bobby pin works every time." Feeling Joyce staring at her she gave a faint smile. "Well, I had to do something to help." She pointed to Whistler. "Blame him! He told me to go get it in the first place!" Sighing she perched on the edge of one of the tables. "OK Whistler, spill it."

Whistler nodded. "I'll give you the short version since even that will probably get me in trouble with my bosses, but hey, I live on the edge. Cordelia here's a Seer. She'll get visions of major bad stuff that may happen. Not the random vampire or demon attack, but big stuff. Like if a gang of vampires was to crash some school event or something." Lightly patting Cordy's shoulder he smiled. "Sorry about the headache. You'll get them when a vision's coming on and let the Slayer or Watcher know what you saw as soon as you can."

Watching Tara talking to Willow he nodded with a sigh of relief. As long as the red head focused on what she should be learning, everything would be OK. "Willow, Tara, you two keep working together. You can learn a lot from each other. A lot of the spells that'll come in handy will take both of you."

Looking over at Buffy he smirked. "And, as for you Slayer, your mate is very close by. You may have already crossed paths with him. He's a master vampire. You two will probably have your share of sparring matches before the strength of the bond between you settles into place. Just don't kill him. And don't worry, his talk of killing you is bluff for his own peace of mind. You're in no real danger of being killed, but of course a fights a fight and you could still get hurt. So just be careful."

Buffy rolled her eyes. "Wow, that's oh so helpful. Thanks SO much for all that cryptic information. I've met and dusted a dozen or so strong vampires since I moved here. How do I know I haven't already dusted him on accident?!"

Laughing, Whistler shook his head. "Oh, you haven't. I promise. Just think it over. You'll figure out which one he is. He's different. I'll give him that. Broke the mold when they made him. And, Angel, stop preening. For the hundredth time, it's NOT you! Never has been, never will be, so you might as well move on." Cocking his head he sighed. "Well, I have got to be going before I get in trouble. I'll be in touch." With a faint pop he simply disappeared.

Buffy rolled her eyes. "Why do I always get a headache after he shows up?!"


"I am guessing that he may always be a bit cryptic with information from the powers. Buffy do you think you may have and idea on who the vamp is that is your destiny?" Joyce asked her daughter.

"Oh yes Buffy, speaking of vampires that you have met. I tried researching for a vampire named Spike and I could not come up with anything." Giles said while polishing his glasses.

"Spike... You've met Spike?!" Angel asked as he grabbed Buffy's arm with concern searching her for injuries.

"Angel you know this Spike? What information can you give me about him?" Giles asked with amusement as he watched Buffy yank her arm out of Angel grasp and glared at him.

"Yeah, I know Spike. Buffy you need to stay away from him. He is a killer. I am surprised you went up against him and are still alive. Giles you can find info about Spike under William the Bloody." Angel said.

Giles went to get his tome for the information. He was about to say what he was reading when Buffy interrupted him. "Giles, why don't you look in one of the tomes I gave you. Not the Watchers tome about vampires you know they always get half the information wrong anyway. Then we'll compare what the Watchers book says, what Angel knows about Spike, and what the other book says. 'Cause I have a funny feeling that Angel and the Watchers books are gonna sound very much alike. And color me surprised. he may leave out some very important information. I think the tome I gave you will finish the story." Buffy said with a smirk in Angel's direction, resisting the urge to stick her tongue out at him.

"Buffy I would never lie or keep any important information from you. What I know about Spike is he has killed two Slayers and he stops at nothing until he reaches his goals." Angel said with conviction.

Everyone looked at Giles for conformation on Angel's information. He nodded slowly. "Yes, he has killed two Slayers. But that's not all. His sire is a clairvoyant name Drusilla who was sired by Angelus." Giles said to everyone while glaring at Angel.

Angel didn't say anything. He just looked at Buffy with sad puppy eyes hoping Giles wouldn't continue. Giles continued with information, more and more of the Ripper showing through with each new bit of information he came across. "William The Bloody began going by the name of Spike after torturing his victims with railroad spikes. He is one of the worst vampires out there, but not the most evil vampire known. That vampire is know as Angelus. The vampire with the face of an angel. He tortured, killed, and made Drusilla insane by killing her family in front of her. Then he mentally and physically tortured her by making her believe she was hearing the voice of God and the angels and that he was one of the angels."

Angel tried to explain. "That was a long time ago! I'm different now. I have a soul."

Buffy snorted, rolling her eyes. "Yeah, whatever, soul schmoul. So the fact that Spike wants to kill me is basically all your fault. Gee, big surprise there! Thanks for nothing Angel. Look, can we wrap this up, I need to get a start on my homework so I'm not up until four in the morning getting it done. Because trust me two, maybe three hours of sleep before school and going out on patrol again just ain't working."


Chapter End Notes:
please review feed my muse