Author's Chapter Notes:
Please as usual review and feed my muse. Thanks as always to my beta chocoholicgirl03
"Okay, Cordy, do you know Oz well enough for you to talk to him and introduce him to us." Buffy asked Cordy.

"Buffy I think we should just watch him. We don't need to make friends with him and have him become suspicious of what you do." Angel said.

"I SO don't think so!! I think since he is our age and he could hang with us and that will make him more safe. Also, I don't do the stalker in the shadows routine unlike someone I know." Buffy said with a snare to Angel.

As Buffy and Angel were discussing things, Willow was looking on the situation. She was liking it less and less as Buffy added even another person to the group. It was bad enough with Buffy getting chummy with Cordy and the new girl Tara. She had to think of a way to get these outsiders out of the group.

Xander looked over at Willow. He'd known her long enough to be able to tell she was thinking pretty much the same things he was. The safety in numbers theory just didn't fly with him. Didn't Buffy know that Superhero Rule Number One was NEVER EVER let outsiders know about your secret identity and superpowers. And, that was closely followed by Rule Number Two, Keep the number of people who know your secret identity to a minimum. Usually it was just one or two other people. Not like ten. It was bad enough with this Angel dude. Now she wanted to add another one. How was she gonna realize they were destined to be together when there was more competition. Cordy and that Tara girl were all right. And Cordy was pretty hot. But these two guys were not going to make him the center of their attention like he wanted. At least he could count on Willow's help in getting Buffy to see what a great guy he was and that they'd make a perfect couple.

Angel glared at Buffy. The girl was entirely too independent and willful. Why couldn't she see things his way?! Didn't she know he was older and wiser and I knew what was best for her? These kids were just a distraction to her duty. He needed to get things under my control. Even Joyce, as nice as she seemed, was a distraction. Why hadn't Buffy been removed from her family like all the other Slayers were? He wondered.

The whole time they were busy with such dark thoughts, they didn't notice the way Tara was looking at them with fear of what she was seeing in their aura's. They were getting mudding and dark. She had to find a way of speaking to Cordy and Buffy without them hearing her. She notice Cordy talking to the red headed boy she got the courage to get up and walk up to them and hopefully out of hearing range from the vampire. "H-hello I'm Tara. I'm a friend of Cordelia's." Tara stuttered shyly.

Cordy was talking to Oz a little about the gang and was shocked when Tara got up and came over to them. She did notice the way she was staring at the others, so she guessed she was seeing something she did not like. In the short time she'd know Tara, she had noticed she was extremely shy so it must be serious. "Yeah, Oz, this is my new friend Tara she is a wicca. And she sees auras. I'm not trying to freak you out, but you have lived in this town long enough to notice the weird things." Cordy said with a shrug.

"Cordy I believe you. About everything. I can smell the difference. But you are to late on the attack." He shrugged. "It already happened. It was my cousin that attacked me. He's a werewolf. What you saw was him coming after me. He bit me. The next full moon, I'll be a werewolf. Now that I know about you, and your group, maybe you guys can help me. I don't want to hurt anyone. Which one of you is the leader? I mean I am guessing it is you, 'cause Cordy, you're kinda of a bitch." Oz said simply.

Cordy and Tara laughed at his last comment. "No I'm not the leader. The blond girl that looks like she is wanting to strangle the guy with the big forehead, her name's Buffy, and she's the Slayer. The forehead dude is a vampire named Angel. You know Xander and Willow from school." Cordy said.

"Yeah cool." Oz nodded, hopping up to sit on the counter.

"Cordy t-the reason I came over here is because of what I was seeing in the aura of the trio. They are getting darker. I want to tell Buffy, but without them hearing. I need Nyaya to teach me the telepathic spell." Tara told Cordy.

Cordy nodded. "Probably a good idea. And I'm not getting good vibes off any of them either. I think they're all so wrapped up in arguing and being pissed, they won't notice you talking to Nyaya. And if they do, they won't think anything about it really. I mean she's gonna teach you witchy stuff anyway. And if I have to, I'll provide a distraction with a diva tantrum." She shrugged. "Go on. I've got them covered."

Tara smiled, laughing. "T-thanks Cordy. I'm glad you're feeling better and I'm not the only 'freak' around." Going over to Nyaya she smiled shyly. "Uhhmmm.... I had a question. How long would it take you to teach me to do the telepathic thing like you did? I don't need to talk to anyone but Buffy. Would that make it easier?"

Smiling softly at the shy girl, Nyaya nodded. "It won't take you long to learn it. You have the ability already, you just need to be shown how to use it. And since you only need to talk to one person, it will make it easier. We'll start with something easy. Focus on one thing. A clear idea or picture, something simple. Like a bird. Now, once you have it in your mind, focus on passing the image to me."

Tara nodded, picturing a bird then focused on making Nyaya see the bird. "Did it work?" She asked softly.

"Yes, very good, Tara! Now, we can move on to a word." Nyaya smiled warmly. "You're a quick learner."


"Okay, I got your word. That is very good Tara. You have incredible control. I want to keep training you on strength. I believe you have some untapped power. From what I am feeling from Willow, I will be having her powers to be removed. I'll be taking what powers Willow has and giving them to you. At least until she can get over her jealousy and need to control everything. I believe you will be able to control them and able to help Buffy and her mate. Now, I must take my leave of this place. You are doing wonderfully. and All you have to do now is concentrate on Buffy and send what you want to say to her and wait for her to answer you back. Just tell her to do the same. Buffy, Cordy and you should have no problems because of your supernatural abilities. Also, I believe the young man Cordilla is talking to as well has gone through his attack. Tell Cordy I am going to send her mentor who I will talk into joining our little rag tag group. Tell Buffy that Giles and her mother went to her house to do more research." Nyaya said to Tara as she left

Tara turned around and looked at Buffy her voice shy and soft. "B-Buffy, Nyaya left and told me to tell y-you that G-Giles and your mother are at your house doing research. Cordy she is contacting your mentor now and is hoping to ask him to stay and join our group."

Frowning darkly, Angel stepped toward Buffy. "Another person joining? This is too much Buffy. A Slayer is not to be working with all these people. Let alone letting people know who you are. I demand that you stop this nonsense and come with me. I will train you the way a slayer should be trained." He growled, glaring at Tara and the others.

"Oh hell to the no! First what do you know about training a Slayer? And if you keep demanding I do my duties properly I will 'cause hello, you vampire me vampire Slayer. So, guess who I should be dusting. Now listen up because this is the LAST time we're gonna go over this. I mean come on, this broken record is getting annoying. I call the shots around here. If you don't like it, you can leave Sunnydale or I can dust you. So you need to cut this all knowing BS before I lose my temper and dust you." Buffy said, glaring at him with her hands on her hips.

Xander was watching with amusement, hoping that Buffy just dust the vampire. That would mean one less person to compete with him for Buffy.

"So, Oz, how long has your cousin been a werewolf?" Buffy asked, turning her back on Angel and ignoring his brooding, sulking presence in the room.

Oz sighed, running a hand through his wild man of red hair that was streaked with blue and green. "Well my aunt told me after I got attacked by the little tyke that he was born a werewolf. My cousin's only three. His dad, my uncle is a werewolf. Which I just found out also after I got attacked. They were never gonna tell me. But they didn't know when he was gonna start changing. This was the first full moon that he changed. They thought he would do his first changing when he hit puberty. She told me that was the age my uncle had his first change. Also, my aunt works at Sunnydale Hospital. And if any of you gets hurt, we can go to her. Since some of us will show either no pulse, or fast recovery, we won't have to worry about being asked questions that we can't answer. She told me I could come to her cause of my status and there are a couple of doctors who are not completely human. I will talk to her about all of you and get the doctors names so if we need help we have it." Oz said.

Buffy smiled warmly at Oz. "That is great! Get back to us on that info. We usually meet at the Magick Box. Nyaya, who is my mage, owns it with Giles. Sometimes we meet at the library during school hours 'cause, well, Giles is my watcher and he works at the library. Here is my phone number and address so if you need anything, I am there for you. If I am not there, my mom knows everything. She is kinda the mother of the group." Buffy told Oz. "Hey, guys, give Oz your info so he has it if he needs anything. I will talk to Giles about setting something up for you during the full moon so that you won't hurt anyone." Buffy said, nodding to Oz who looked relieved.

"Buffy can you hear me? If yes, just look at me and concentrate on the word yes." Tara spoke to Buffy in her head.

Buffy looked at Tara quickly and thought the word yes. When she saw Tara's smile she couldn't believe that they could do this telepathic talking thing with each other.

Tara smiled. "That is good! All you have to do is concentrate on the words and the person you want to talk to and do it. Right now, I can only talk to one person at a time. With practice we could do a group chat. But to point of my talking to you Cordy already knows what I want to say, but I am going to talk to her and teach her this too. Who else do you want me to teach this to?" Tara asked. "Buffy the trio aura's are getting darker and muddier. I am going to work with Nyaya about learning a spell to read thoughts." Tara said to Buffy in her head

Buffy concentrated on her words. "I could feel the negativity, but it is not just that. It is the look on their faces as we add new members, and of course Angel's words. But teach Cordy, Oz, Mom and Giles.