Author's Chapter Notes:
i don't own spike or buffy thanks to chocoholicgirl thanks for the work you do i know rl has been very hard on you but thanks for sticking in there
"As I was about to tell Joyce here, I am confused by what I am feelin. Cause, I mean, I am sitting here with two of you an' I haven't even got a hint of a craving for your blood...... "Spike sighed, clearly frustrated and confused.

"Rupert, maybe we need to call Nyaya on this. I have a feeling about why this is happening to both of them. Buffy is about as confused as Spike is. I'd like to see if my mother's intuition is right. "Joyce said with a smile.

"Who the hell is Nyaya?" Spike asked, a hint of jealousy in his voice.

Joyce smiled, patting Spike's hand. "You'll see. She cares for Buffy very much. You two have that in common. I'll call her Rupert , you explained to him who she is. "Joyce said, dialing Nyaya's number as she started another batch of cocoa.

Giles nodded, sighing deeply and shifting in his chair. Sitting across the kitchen table from William The Bloody was more than a bit strange. "Well, Nyaya is a demon. She has been Buffy's mage since she has been called. Her first Watcher, Merrik, introduced them. And before you ask, yes her first watcher was killed protecting her. Nyaya is the demon of knowledge. "Giles explained.

"And a very nice girl." Joyce added, refilling Spike's mug, adding more marshmallows on top.

Nyaya smiled, shimmering into the kitchen. "Why thank you Joyce. Rupert, always a pleasure." She nodded, taking a seat at the table. Holding a hand out to Spike she nodded. "A pleasure to meet the infamous Spike. I have to say, I'm glad you're on our side. It's nice to have someone else watching out for Buffy as well. She can be a handful. She doesn't take well to being watched over and protected." She sighed, shaking her head with a smile.

Spike snorted. "Yeah, noticed that. Not going to let anything happen to the Slayer. Go down fighting to save her if it comes down to it. I don’t know why I feel this way and it got me all friggin confused as hell. Long as Angel keeps away from her, we're good. We don't get along and I don't play well with others. He'll stop at nothing to get her." He smirked. "Doesn't seem to get that the Slayer doesn't exactly do well takin' orders from anyone. Much less Captain Forehead who's tryin' to run her life cause he knows whats best for everyone the prick. About time someone else told him to sod off."

Nyaya laughed warmly, smiling at Joyce. "My goodness.... He certainly IS possessive. You're certain neither of them have any clue?"

Joyce shook her head. "None. I didn't want to bring it up until I was sure......"

Spike growled, looking over at Giles. "Just bloody love it when women start talkin' in riddles. Just bloody love it."

"Oh, calm down you big baby!" Nyaya scolded Spike, rolling her eyes. "Buffy has been quite right. Angel is NOT her mate. It was never meant to be. No matter what he thinks. It's you Spike." Holding up a hand to stop his questions she shook her head. "I know what the prophecy says about the vampire with a soul. Here is where I need an honest answer from you. Would you be willing to risk your life to regain your soul in order to better protect her. You and Buffy are meant to be. So, really, you don't have much of a choice, but we need the power that will come from you two being bonded as soon as possible......."

Spike ran a hand through his bleached locks, sighing deeply and closing his eyes. "I'd do anything for her.... I try not to think about it too much. I do and it feels like my head will explode. Can't say that the idea of bein' mated with the Slayer is my cuppa tea, but...." He sighed deeply. "The thought of bein' mated to Buffy, can't think of anything better....."

Buffy froze on the stairs. She'd woken up and was craving a little late night snackage. Thank God the whole Slayer thing came with an insanely fast metabolism or she'd be big as a blimp with all she ate. But overhearing Spike talk about actually wanting to be with her. Well, that was enough to fry more than a few circuits in her dyed blond brain.

As Buffy stood frozen in shock on the stairs, the door bell rang. The group in the kitchen looked at each other, confused with who would be here at this hour of the night. Joyce felt brave enough to go to the door to see who it was. Waving Spike and Giles to stay seated she smiled. "It must be important if someone's knocking this late. And I don't think anything evil would bother to knock."

Spike shrugged, getting up to follow Joyce anyway. He didn't trust anyone who would show up at this hour without calling first. "You got a point Joyce, but I'm not takin' any chances." Crossing his arms, he remained beside Joyce, ready to defend her if she needed it.

Giles moved toward the door as well, a large kitchen knife held behind his back. He liked Joyce a great deal and didn't want anything to happen to her. Good ol' Ripper would do whatever needed to be done to protect the mother of his Slayer.

Joyce smiled at the two, touched they were so protective of her. "Thank you, both." Answering the door, a handsome young man with black hair stood politely on the porch. "Can I help you?" Joyce asked the stranger

"Yes ma'am. Would you be the Slayer's mother?" Doyle asked, nervously glancing at Spike and Giles.

"Yes I am. And you are?" Joyce asked.

Smiling shyly, Doyle ducked his head. "I am sorry ma'am. I should have introducing myself first. I shouldn't have bothered you at this time of night, I am Francis Allen Doyle, but everyone calls me Doyle. Nyaya asked me to come here and join your daughter's group. She thought I might be able to help."

Joyce nodded. "Well, if Nyaya thinks you're all right, that's good enough for me." Stepping back, she gestured for him to come in, but was careful not to invite him in.

Stepping in he nodded to Spike and Giles. "Pleasure to meet both of you lads. Nyaya has told me a lot about you both."

Spike watched him, growling softly, wary Doyle might be a threat to Buffy and Joyce. "So, just how d' you think you can help out? What makes you so special?"

Doyle was taken a bit back. "I'm half Brachen demon. Me mother's human. I'm a bit psychic. If that's what you can call it. I get visions. Get 'em direct from the Powers themselves. They let me know what specific evil thing they think I need to tell the champion to go after. I went to Nyaya for help dealin' with the visions cause with those comes a blinding painful headache. The Powers seem to be pretty insistent that I come here and help the Slayer. There's bits an' pieces about Angel I don't understand yet. None of it's good though...... Need to keep him from the Slayer as much as possible....."

Spike smirked, extending a hand to Doyle. "In that case, welcome aboard. Anyone who's against the giant ponce is all right in my book. We were just discussin' a few things over some of Joyce's cocoa. Slayer's had it a bit rough lately, double life an' all. High school is a hell all its own."

Smiling, Doyle shook Spike's hand. "I couldn't agree more. And if Mrs.Summers doesn't mind, a cup of cocoa sounds perfect. It's more than a bit chilly out there....."

What in the Hell is going on here!!!!!


Chapter End Notes:
please feed the muse and review