Author's Chapter Notes:
Don't own Buffy. Please review and thanks to my beta chocoholicgirl03
Chapter 2

I left them so I could track the freaky feeling vamp. I jumped up to the pipe that was over my head and stood in a hand stand and waited for him. As he was walking under me I swung around and knocked him on his ass. He yelled for me not to stake him, that he is a friend. Yeah right I tell him. He tells me no really I was sent here to help you guard the Hell Mouth. You are my redemption. I was like oh please whatever!! I don't need help from a vamp. Especially a vamp whose signature is wrong and feels sick.

He looked at me all flabbergasted which was not a good look for the big Neanderthal vamp. What do you mean? How do you know I am a vampire? He asked me. I was like you Vampire, me Slayer duh! He looked sick, like he was gonna puke. I asked him what made him think I was your redemption I mean hello! You Vampire me Slayer. He tells me he has a soul. I looked at him and just told him yeah right whatever and I walked off.

He followed me! I turned around and told him to leave! That I didn't need his help. He looked at me and just said he was here to help and that he's a friend and he's not gonna hurt me. I tell him whatever and that I will tell my Watcher who works in the school library. Then I walked off. And thank the gods he didn't not follow me home like some lost puppy.

Giles flipped when I told him about creepy stalker vamp, among other things. "Buffy what on earth are you thinking? Bringing those two on a patrol with you. You know the Slayer is suppose to be a secret. What are you thinking of? Really now Buffy I am starting to wonder if Merrick taught you anything! I think it is best that I do to you what all Slayers have had done. This is not part of your sacred duty."

I rolled my eyes, hopping up to sit on the counter. "Oh Giles just chill out! Don't you ever threaten me and tell me you're going to take me away from my Mother. If you do, and I have to live with you, I will make your life a living hell! That is not a threat it is a promise. Second you will never say a negative word about Merrick again. He was a better watcher than you can ever be. And from what I know of you so far, probably a better man. As for Willow and Xander, I was not patrolling. I was at the Bronze when a vamp attacked a girl. They followed me. And hello!! This is the Hell Mouth!! Eventually they would have found out. Either by seeing it, or getting attacked by one. So I told them to come and we would explain things to them instead of watching them get killed. Oh, by the way here are the books I told you I would get from my friend. You have some serious reading to do. These books are old and true. Not written by that stupid self righteous asshole Council. So, have an open mind and read them."

Giles pulled off his glasses and began polishing them. "Buffy, I must know who this friend is. And where did you get these books?"

I looked at Giles like he grew a second head. "I'll tell you when I think you won't call the Council. I know you are watching my every move and reporting to the Council about my behavior. You are a stupid man 'cause what you're doing is gonna get me killed. And not by a vamp or demon, but by a human. The Council will send their wet work assassins after me to eliminate me. Believe me." I sigh deeply, shivering.

"Buffy that is absurd! The Council does not eliminate their Slayers. All they would do is bring you to England to give you proper training." Giles tried to tell me.

"Oh you mean they would brain wash me. Maybe it's best you read the books. Then decide whether or not you want to be my watcher. If not, you can jump back over the pond cause I honestly don't need you." I stated clearly.

The whole time Giles and I were having this conversation, Willow and Xander were listening to every word we were saying. Giles had no choice but to tell them what I was. Sooner or later he is gonna break those glasses, as many times he polishes them.

They listened to what Giles said, of course with my input. They offered to help 'cause they knew something was going on in this town. A lot of deaths and missing person cases. I told them they're probably not missing. They were turned into vampires. I told them I didn't want them to get involved I wouldn't want them to get hurt or killed. They said they needed to help. That they couldn't stand back knowing what is going on in this town. Oh well, what can I do? Either I know what they are doing, or they secretly follow me and get hurt or killed. With all that settled for the moment, we got up to get to class.

As I headed for the door, I paused. "Oh Giles, did you know there is a vampire with a soul? He's here in this town and he said he was sent here to help me. That I am his redemption or some crap like that. All I know he felt funny, like he was sick or something....."

Giles' jaw almost hit the floor and he stood there staring at me like a fish out of water before he rushed over. "Buffy what do you mean there is a vampire with a soul? You can't not just throw something like that at me and walk away! I need a full report on this matter." He snipped impatiently.

I just rolled her eyes and answered him as calmly as I could. "I don't know really. He was stalking me so I jumped him. He begged me not to stake him and told me he was a friend, he had his soul, and that I was his redemption. I basically told him whatever and that I would tell you about him. End of story 'cause I walked off. He felt sick to me. Could that be the soul?" I asked Giles, trying to make all the pieces of the puzzle fit together.

Sighing, Giles shook his head. "I honestly don't know Buffy. It could be. It depends on how he got the soul, and if it is his soul. Did you get his name?" Giles asked.

I shook my head slowly. "Oops my bad. No I didn't get a name. He was givin' me the major wiggins so I bailed."Giles nodded slowly. "Well, the next time you encounter him, get his name. Have him meet us here at night. If it is true, and he is here to help, then we could definitely use it here on the Hellmouth." Giles preached, and I was livid.

"Are you nuts?! I don't want his help! He creeps me out and he looks at me like I'm the love of his life. Which he is so not! I have a vague idea who my mate is."

Giles looked like his eyes were gonna pop out his head. "WHAT!!! Your mate?! What in the Lord's name do you mean Buffy?"

I rolled my eyes. "Sheez! Chill out Giles Don't have a stroke or something! I've just been having this Slayer dream since I was called. I told Merrick about it and he told me that if a Slayer reaches a certain age, they will look for a mate and that they would mate for life. This hasn't happened very often because Slayers usually don't make it to past their eighteenth birthday. And that is due to the fact the Council doesn't WANT that to happen 'cause they will total control of the Slayer power. So they set up their little test by having the Slayer go up against a crazed vamp without their powers." I told Giles this and he looked like he was gonna puke. I stared at Giles full of triumph and walked out, telling him if I saw the souled vamp with the huge forehead, I'd tell him to meet us here.

Giles just stared at Buffy as she walked out. "Bloody hell..... How does she know all of this?! I guess I got a lot reading to do before I inform the Council..."