Author's Chapter Notes:
I don't own Buffy. Thanks for the reviews please keep them coming I need to feed the muse. Thanks to chocoholicgirl03 you rock and thanks spuffy obessed you rock girl
"Oh God, Nyaya, you have GOT to come to Sunnydale!" Buffy pleaded. "I don't trust this Watcher. He's nothing like Merrick. I just know he is gonna call the Council, and you know what they'll do. I gave him the books you sent me, but I just have a bad feeling about all of this! Things here are really giving me the major wiggins!” She paced the room she stood in holding the phone. She barely gave Nyaya a chance to speak. “Not just with Mr. Giles, but there are two kids that know I am the slayer.” Buffy thought of all the bad that could bring. “AND, there is a vampire. He says he has a soul and was sent to help me by the Powers That Be.” When her new watcher had told her this she almost wanted to laugh. “Have you ever heard of this kind of thing Nyaya?” However she didn’t wait for Nyaya to even reply to her question let alone anything Buffy had just said. “Please Nyaya, I wouldn't beg you if I didn't think I needed you here!" Buffy begged her demon friend.


Sighing deeply Nyaya held the phone away from her ear at arm's length and was still able to clearly hear the girl.
The female demon sighed, just imagining her slayer friend in the middle of the conversation with the girl’s new watcher. "Buffy if you would be quiet for two seconds I was going to tell you I had already made the decision to move there. I have inquired with the owner of a magick shop to sell me the store and everything in it. Something about fearing for his life, whatever that means” Nyaya muttered, fluttering her hand about in the air, waving the idea of the shop owner’s crazy beliefs away from her. “I’ll be in Sunnydale tomorrow. Meet me at the magick shop and tell Mr. Giles to come with you.”


“Wait!” Buffy sputtered, currently too excited that her good friend was soon going to ease her erratic feelings. “I don’t even know where this magick shop is.”


“Oh, and dear Buffy I advise you to warn Mr. Giles for his sake that he won't be able to lie to me, so
give him heads up on who I am." Nyaya requested.


The two hung up the phone having an agreement, the Slayer now with a huge grin on her face, compared to before she had called Nyaya. Buffy headed to the library to tell Giles she was going out to patrol. "Hey Giles, are you in here?" She yelled through out the room.


Giles sighed deeply, cleaning his glasses. "Buffy must you yell? This IS a library after all. And yes, as you can see, I am here.” The watcher, part time librarian said as he came out of his office. “I've had enough excitement for one night. You should be on patrol now. Really, must you shirk your duties? I will speak to you tomorrow on the tomes you gave me. I have read them and need to discuss them with you.”


“What the hell does shirk-ing mean?” Buffy exclaimed raising her eyebrow with her hands on her hips. “You’re in America now Mr. Librarian speak English.”


Giles simply rolled his eyes at her sometimes naïve behavior. “Never mind that Buffy, and it is you my dear that needs to speak proper English” He came around the library counter. Buffy huffed when she caught some of his mutterings of something along the lines as far as ‘stupid teenagers’. “Also, your vampire came here tonight looking for you." Giles commented calmly


"MY vampire?!? MY vampire?!” Giles looked at her pensively over the top of his spectacles, wondering why she was screaming all of a sudden. “I SO do not think so!!” She breathed in a couple times, trying to calm herself. “I do need him to meet us at the magick shop tomorrow at four* pm. Please be there Giles., it's really important. Nyaya will be there. She's the mage that Merrick introduced me to. She's also a demon, but a good one. She's the demon of knowledge. She's in one of the books I gave you under Nyaya Sutras its Hindu. She's peaceful, so none of that stake first, ask questions later. Please give her a chance.”
Giles stood there flabbergasted, surprised she was so knowledge versed. He opened his mouth to interrupt her but she spoke further. “She told me you'll probably call the Council, if you haven't already. Giles, do you know they will come here to kill me and maybe you?" Buffy explained before throwing up her hands in irritation. "Now I have to go find that stupid forehead vampire! I mean really have you not noticed his giant forehead?!" Buffy giggled.


Giles was trying not to laugh at the comment about the vampire. It was impossible not to notice the rather large forehead. "Buffy I will give you a chance and listen to you and your friend tomorrow. And, no…I have not called the Council yet. I will wait until I hear what is said tomorrow. The vampire's name is Angel or Angelus. I researched him. He is not, or was not, the most…obedient vampire. One of the most vicious, and known to be of pure evil.” Buffy raised her hands on her hips, not entirely surprised. What vampire had a soul? “Be careful with him. If your instincts are telling you not to trust him, stay with that. He said he will be in one of the cemeteries. He was not straight forward with his information at all."


Buffy nodded, sighing deeply. At least she didn't have to worry about the Council for the moment. "Thanks Giles. See ya tomorrow."


She was in Restfield Cemetery when she felt the signature of the sick vampire, standing off in the greenery behind her. "You DO know I can feel when your there? And the way you’re stalking me doesn't make you look good Angel. Or should I say Angelus." She spoke over her shoulder not even turning her head until came out of his hiding place.


Angel looked shocked at the use of his other name, he would have never thought she’d have researched about him. "I'm not him anymore-”


“Because you have a soul now?” The slayer stared at him, with clear disbelief.


“I DO have a soul now. I'm here to protect you, Buffy. We are destined to be together". Angel stated with certainty.


Buffy balked at that thought. "Destined, huh? I so don't think so Forehead Man. But I’ll let you help, I mean who in their right mind denies willing help, listen* carefully?” She realized she was babbling so she got back to the point. “I'll talk slow so you can keep up. You are to be at the magick shop tomorrow at 4 pm. Before you say you can't cause of the sun, the store has sewer access. Be there. If you are not there, then Giles and I will think twice about you helping in anyway." Buffy stated firmly before she walked away.


Angel stood there in shock, staring at her. He didn't know what to make of this Slayer. "That this is not the same girl that I saw outside of the school sucking on the lollipop." Gone was the teenage attitude. In its' place was a no nonsense Slayer who was confident in her abilities. "What was it with the forehead comment? My forehead's not that big!" He muttered to himself, anxiously running a hand over his hair.
Vampires couldn't have a receding hairline, could they? Without the ability to see himself in a mirror, it was of some concern. "I need to convince her that we are destined to be together. She's young. I'll be able to mold her into what is right and proper. I will make her into what a Slayer should be.”


The vampire tried to remember the time she had just told him to meet her and her watcher tomorrow. He feared who ever this person was, would probably talk Buffy out of any of the planned destiny for them. “This person she wants me to meet will have to be removed from the picture.” Angel spoke to himself. Shaking his head, he sighed, scolding himself. "Liam, Liam, are you channeling Dru now? You really have to stop talking to yourself..."



“Bloody hell I need to get out of this soddin box…”