Author's Chapter Notes:
thanks chocoholicgirl03 you rock. i don't own buffy
Nyaya nodded. "Whistler, the balance demon. I do believe I know him. I will summon him here since it has to do with Buffy. He should be here to explain what is going on with this insane idea you have in your giant head that Buffy is your destiny." She snorted, fighting the urge to roll her eyes. Angel was getting on her last nerve and she wanted nothing more than to let Buffy stake him.


Giles nodded. "I agree with you Nyaya. I know Whistler as well. He came to me after my days of the Ripper he explained to me that I was going down the wrong path and was getting into some serious dark majick with some not so good people. In truth, Nyaya and Buffy, I was doing chaos majick." He sighed, taking his glasses off and cleaning them. "I am not proud of that." Giles stated. "I also agree with Buffy on talking to her mother. While Nyaya is summoning Whistler, you go call your mother. Let's do this all at once." He watched Angel intently, letting the vampire know there was much more to him than there appeared. The Ripper in him simmered just under the surface, ready to come out if the vampire dared lay a hand on Buffy.


Angel shook his head, moving closer to Buffy. "No! I forbid you to call your mother, Buffy. Slayers are to be taken away from their families as soon as they're called. So, I will be in charge of Buffy’s training for here on out. Giles, I don’t think anyone with your history should have a Slayer." He stated with an arrogant smirk as he tried to slide his arm around Buffy.


Buffy elbowed him in the ribs, shoving him across the room. "Oh hold on damn minute here! Who the HELL do you think you are, vampire, to think you have any say in what goes on with my life?! And hello, pot kettle black look it up!! Your past is even worse than Giles'! I mean nailing puppies to doors for Valentine's Day is WAY worse than him dabbling in a little chaos magick when he was young and stupid, no offense Giles. And what you did to your childe alone is bad enough! What? Are you gonna make me go cookoo for cocoa puffs and turn me too?!" Buffy yelled in his face, her hand gripping his collar tightly.


"Buffy that was before my soul! I'm not the same person anymore." He tried to soothe the irate Slayer who had him pinned to a wall, several inches off the floor. "You are young and have so much to learn. And who better to teach you how to fight and win against vampires and demons than someone who understands them because he was one." Angel exclaimed.


Buffy rolled her eyes, snorting. "Puh-lease! Don't EVEN go there! Giles has been up close and personal on the demon studying for like practically forever, again, no offense Giles, and in case you didn't get the memo, Nyaya IS a demon and knows everything there is to know about demons. So, don't even TRY and feed me that line of BS and think I'm going to actually listen to you!!"


As all this was going on Nyaya took it upon herself to call Joyce Summers and summon Whistler. Something in the air told her that not only would they be very powerful allies not only against Angel, but other challenges the young Slayer would soon be facing.


Willow and Xander watched from a semi safe distance, munching on chips and cookies while quietly cheering Buffy on. Willow shook her head. "Note to self, Buffy can be scary....." Xander nodded slowly. "Yeah. Scary and hot at the same time. What a woman......." Willow rolled her eyes, sighing. "Xander, shut up. This is serious." He nodded slowly. "Seriously hot." Smacking him in the back of the head, Willow took the last cookie from him. "Shut up Xander."


Xander rubbed his arm, frowning at Willow. "God Will don't hit so hard. I mean what?! She's hot! I'm only human. And you took the last cookie too." Xander complained.


Smiling slightly and placing a hand on Xander's shoulder, Nyaya smiled. "Alexander, yes, we see that you have a crush on Buffy. But you see you must end that crush. She is destined for another. Also, a human male will not be enough. She is not completely human. She is the Slayer." She explained. "And, since the two of you are also involved, and obviously destined to play a part in all of this, I highly doubt that a normal run of the mill human will be right for either of you. You might want to keep that in mind." Nyaya spoke with a mysterious smile.


"That's right! It's about time you admit that Buffy and I destined to be together!" Angel bragged, trying to put his arm around Buffy.


Buffy looked as though she was gonna puke coat hangers as she side stepped Angel's attempt to touch her. "Ugh! As if! You big foreheaded moron. She is talking about my dream vampire and you are sooo not him!" Buffy exclaimed, glaring daggers at Angel.


"What is this about Buffy? You mention that very briefly before, when we first met." Giles asked.


"I believe I can explain it more if you like chickey." Whistler commented with a smile from his spot near the entrance to the back room of the shop. Everyone stood still as the balance demon spoke. No one had heard him come in over the argueing. "But I believe Buffy's mother was also asked to be here and I don't have the time to repeat it. So we will wait..." He smiled with a shrug.


Joyce hurried into the shop, slightly out of breath and looking more than a little upset. "I would like to know what in the hell is going on here?! Buffy, why was I called here to this cult shop?! What are you doing here in the first place?! If this about what happen in L.A., you and I are going to have a LOT more to worry about than being the new kid in town." Joyce raged.


"Please Ms.Summers, calm down." Nyaya stated to Joyce as she stared into her eyes to send calming thoughts. "I promised you on the phone that everything is okay and that Buffy was telling you the truth to you in L.A. You moving here was destined and the reasons were about her, not your gallery. Things just have a way of working out." She smiled with a shrug.


Sighing deeply, Joyce slowly sat down, keeping a close eye on Angel. There was something about the way he looked at Buffy that she didn't like one bit. If that hulking brute ever dared hurt her baby girl then he would have more to handle than he'd ever dreamed of.


Whistler smiled slightly, moving into the center of the room. "Well now, since everyone's here and has stopped arguing, let me get started by introducing myself." He smiled charmingly at Joyce, holding out his hand before sitting near her. "I'm Whistler. I happen to be a balance demon. I do what I can to keep good and evil on a level playing field. My main job right now is to make sure that your daughter stays safe so she can keep evil in check. Evil of the sort you normally only see in monster movies. Demons, vampires, zombies, ghosts, you name it." He shrugged.


Joyce frowned slightly. "I'm afraid I don't quite see what all of that has to do with my daughter...."


Whistler smiled slightly. "Ms. Summers, your daughter is only the most recent in a long line of girls called Slayers. It is their duty to keep the world safe from evil. Your daughter was chosen for her rather unique combination of physical talents and personality."


Joyce nodded slowly, looking a little stunned. "Oh... I see... Please, call me Joyce. And the rest of you...." She looked over at Giles. "Somehow I feel there is more to you than there seems, and to you miss." She murmured looking at Nyaya.


Buffy knelt beside Joyce's chair. "Ok, first, Mom, I didn't ask for this. It just happened. And now, I can't exactly say thanks but no thanks, innocent people can die because I can't handle this. Giles is my Watcher. He helps me train to fight demons and knows everything there is to know about them. And that's Nyaya. She's a demon too. A really, really, REALLY old one. She's just here as a friend to help me out with all of this. Please, Mom, I am NOT crazy or in a cult or anything. This is real. Please, you HAVE to believe me!"


Taking Buffy's hands in hers, Joyce managed a weak smiled as she smoothed Buffy's hair. "Oh, sweetie, no kid could look as miserable as you do right now and be lying. Call it a mother's intuition." Looking up at Angel who was brooding in the shadows she frowned. "And just who are you?"


Chapter End Notes:
also thanks to all that have review and like my story. keep the muse going