Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for being patient. Sorry this took long my beta had major family emergency. Thanks Chocoholicgirl03
Angel pushed his way through the group, moving close to Joyce. Giving her what he thought was his most charming smile, he talked to her like a child. "Ms. Summers I am your daughters destiny. I am Angel. The vampire with a soul and the champion of the people." He said with arrogance oozing out of every pore.


"Oh my God! Can we say broken record?! Mom, he is so NOT my destiny!" Buffy exclaimed, shoving Angel away from her mother and standing in front of her protectively.


Whistler sighed, coming to stand between Buffy and Angel who were glaring at each other. "Excuse me, if you would let me, I can explain everything to all of you and can we do it with no interruptions. I am running out of time and the Powers want this explained so you all can get down to work cause each of you are here for a reason." He looked at the group, smiling warmly at Joyce. "Even you Ms. Summers." Laying a hand on Buffy's shoulder he smiled proudly. "Now, Buffy, as you know, is the Slayer. Buffy, Giles, you two can explain the details of all that later. I only have time to give the Cliff Notes version. Buffy here is destined to be with a vampire. She has been dreaming of him since she was called. She'll know him when she meets him. He'll know something, but not what. Free will is very important to the Powers, so he may be your equal in strength and fighting skills. But, to be together is up to you both."

Giving Angel a stern look he shook his head. "Angel I never said you and Buffy are destined to be together. I said you are to help her, and she will help you find your path. Buffy is the Slayer the Council has feared. They must never know what she really is. She is the Guardian Slayer. I have here a tome that will explain everything as things go on and she will evolve. Each one of you will play a part in her destiny as well as your own."


"No! That is a lie she is mine! She is my reward! You told me that she is my redemption!" Angel screamed in Whistler's face as he grabbed him by the collar.


Sighing deeply, Whistler calmly pried Angel's hands off him. "Angel, enough man! You haven't listened to a word I said. The Powers That Be told you that helping her will help you find your own path. If you can't work with her and keep this up, the Powers have instructed me to tell you that you will be removed and put somewhere else." Whistler told him.


Smirking, Joyce glared at Angel. She strongly disliked him already. As hard as she tried not to hate anyone, she was very close to hating Angel. "Oh I have a better way of removing him. If the stories are true a stake through the heart will do the job. Am I right Buffy? Isn't that one of the ways to kill a vampire?" She asked, looking at Buffy before glaring at Angel again. "I don't trust him and I just got here. There is just something about him that rubs me the wrong way."


Angel sighed, his voice taking on the tone of a whining child being denied a new toy. "Ms. Summers I have a soul. I'm good. You can trust me. Whistler, I'll behave and work with Buffy and help her. If I may ask how am I supposed to help her?" He asked just so everyone would be listening to Whistler and he could have a moment to think. Quickly his thoughts wandered to where they should not have gone. Buffy will be mine. She IS mine. I know what is good for her. And I'll work with these people and when they see that I am better for her, they'll help me make Buffy see we belong together." Nodding to himself like he was listening intently to Whistler, Angel continued to think of ways to make Buffy his.


As Angel was wandering in thought, Nyaya was staring at him. She couldn't read his thoughts, but from the slight smile on his face, she knew they weren't good. Joyce didn't trust him and neither did she. Yes, she was going to be keeping a very close watch on Angel.


Whistler continued to try and explain things to Angel who was clearly not listening. "Angel is to train beside Buffy and the others to help all of you get used to working with a vampire. Nyaya will work with all of you too. She's a demon and will help teach you that there are other demons out there that work with the Powers. That way you guys won't stake first and ask question later. Any other questions and such will be answered in the tomes and you can understand more. I have to blow this pop stand. Pleasure meeting you Buffy, Ms. Summers. Nyaya, you know how to get in touch with me if you need anything." Whistler said as he vanished.


"Well, that really explained everything. Not!" Xander muttered, earning a glare from Willow.


Joyce nodded slowly. "Yes, I have to agree with the young man here. I would like to know more about what my daughter is destined to do. But first, I would like to know everyone's names. Buffy you mention Mr. Giles and the demon Nyaya. So Buffy, please introduce me to everyone. Then maybe Mr. Giles and Nyaya will get to reading the book that smelly man gave us." She smiled slightly at Buffy, more than a bit overwhelmed by everything.  May I read anything else that you have that might explain all of this to me a little more, Mr. Giles. I see many of your books are very old. Don't worry I will be careful with them.  I work at the gallery here in town and I have a degree in art history. So, hopefully I can help with any research that may be needed in artifacts and such." Joyce explained.


Giving Joyce a warm smile, Giles took her hand to help her up. "Please, Ms. Summers, call me Rupert. Yes, of course you may read anything that will help your daughter. I would love your help in research and anything else that may be needed. Together we can be great team in training your daughter."


Blinking back tears, Buffy hugged Joyce tightly. "Oh Mom! This is great! This is what I always wanted! I hated lying to you and hiding everything from you. Okay, as you know this Giles my Watcher. Nyaya I met in L.A. through my old watcher Merrick. He was killed by a vampire. And then I killed the vampire that killed him. Nyaya is a peaceful demon. Like Whistler said, she's one of the good demons that are out there helping people. She moved here and runs this shop here with Giles."


Nyaya smiled warmly, extending a hand to Joyce. "It is a pleasure to meet you Ms. Summers. I will be staying here until Buffy’s equal has joined the group." She explained.


Buffy turned to Nyaya, frowning slightly. "What?! Nyaya you didn't tell me that!! I thought you were here for good. Why the change?" She asked softly. "Was it something I did?"


Shaking her head, Nyaya hugged Buffy. "My dear Buffy I never told you I was staying for any amount of time. When Whistler came, I got the message from the Powers that I am to stay until your equal comes to our side. After that, I may need to go help someone else." She explained.


"So when him and I......" Buffy glanced at Joyce, swallowing hard. It was so weird talking about any sort of sex type stuff, destiny or not around your mother. "Well, you know..... you're leaving?" She asked.


Laughing softly at Buffy's red cheeks, Nyaya shook her head. "No, Sunshine. When he joins the side of light and not when you mate it will be my time to move on and help others out there that need me." She explained.


Nodding slowly, Buffy sighed. "Oh.... okay. But you will still keep in touch, right?" She asked Nyaya with a smile.

"Of course my dear child, of course. We will email and call. And that goes for all of you. If you need my help on anything, I will be available for all of you at any time." Nyaya explained to the group.


Buffy leaned into Joyce. "Okay, on with the introductions. This is Willow. I met at school she found out what I am the other night at the Bronze. The guy next to her is Xander, he goes to school with us. They saw me stake a vamp and decided to help out. And the vampire with the giant forehead brooding over there is Angel. You heard Whistler mention his role in all of this."

"And the vampire who is equal? Where is he at? Oh, and Rupert, Nyaya please call me Joyce." Buffy’s mother said with a smile at the group. "It's very nice to meet all of you. Thank you for being so willing to help Buffy."


Buffy sighed deeply, shrugging. "Honestly I don't know who he is. I've been dreaming about him from the moment I was called. I can't see his face. It's more a shadow or silhouette. But, I can tell he's a little taller than me and wears a black trench coat looking thing. That's all I really know."


Chapter End Notes:
Please feed the muse and review and I don't own Buffy wish I did