Author's Chapter Notes:
I don't own Buffy though wish I did. I want to thank Chocoholicgirl03 for all the help you gave me on this chapter. Thanks you rock
Sighing deeply, Giles shook his head as he cleaned his glasses. "Well, now that everything seems to be settled, Buffy will you please patrol the graveyards tonight. If you feel the need to bring someone along, do so. We need to get you patrolling on a regular basis so the demons know things are changing and they will not be allowed to run amuck."

"I agree with Rupert, Buffy. I think between Mr. Giles and Nyaya and myself we can get the research information on you being this guardian Slayer. I also want to see if it says anything about this mysterious vampire that my baby girl is going to be mated too." Joyce said as she hugged her daughter tightly. "Promise me you'll be careful out there."

Buffy smiled softly. "I'll be ok Mom. Not like this is the first time I've done this. Besides, I've got this neat thing that lets me know when there's something nasty around. Spidey sense. Like Spider Man."

Joyce smiled, laughing as she watched Buffy head out. "Still, be careful!"

As she walked down the street, Buffy was busy doing a mental inventory of the weapons she had on her. She was so wrapped up in making sure she had her favorite stake, a squirt gun of holy water, a cross, and a couple of amulets that would protect her from demons, that she barely noticed brushing past a man with bleached hair and a long, black leather coat.

Murmuring a faint apology, she moved on toward the nearest cemetery. Her Slayer sense registered something about him, but not really enough for her to go after him. Likely he was just some human looking demon out minding his own business.

Reaching out to steady the pretty blond who'd bumped into him, Spike murmured an apology in return. There was something different about that girl. He wasn't sure what, but there was definitely something. Something a bit like the other Slayers he'd fought, but not quite.

He'd been having a hell of a night. Dru had been rambling non stop and he'd run out of cigarettes and whiskey. Those were the only things that kept him sane these days. Espeically when Dru went off on one of her tangents about golden knights, girls playing games that only boys should play, secrets, pixies, and little fish swimming around his head. Sometimes enough was just enough. He loved her, in a way, and always would, but tonight he just needed some space. He'd fed earlier so now, he could just find a quiet spot to sit where he could drink and smoke in peace.

Angel was not at all pleased that Buffy hadn't immediately asked him to come along on patrol. He caught her arm as she was trying to leave the shop. "Buffy don’ you think I should go with you? For protection." Angel asked sweetly.

Buffy was cringed on the inside and rolled her eyes at him, but Angel was to dimwitted to notice it. But she did agree thinking maybe somehow he would get it through his giant forehead that she didn't like him. And there was no way in hell that she was going to be alone with him. She sighed deeply. "Sure Angel you can come along. Hey! Willow, Xander come on! If you guys come with, then after we can go to the Bronze!"


"But.. Buffy I thought It would just be you and me......" Angel asked with a whine.


Buffy sighed deeply, rubbing her forehead. This idiot made her head hurt more than sitting through math class did. "No, Angel you heard Whistler. You are to help Willow and Xander so they can get use to working with a vampire. If you have a problem with that, then maybe you can stay with my Mom and do research. I'm going patrolling."


"Fine. Whatever, lets just go." Angel sulked, walking out of the Magic Box. He felt something familiar when the guy bumped into Buffy, but he was too busy brooding to notice who it was. He'd been feeling a tug in his family line. One that was definitely Dru. At least if she was in town, he could find her and get laid. Buffy was hot, but sometimes a guy just had to take what he could get. And Dru was incredible in bed. She always had been.


Patrolling went as smoothly as it could with a brooding asshole and the two leeches. Buffy sighed deeply. She liked Willow and Xander all right but they seemed too clingy. Not to mention that Xander kept looking at her funny. She didn't think he or Angel had gotten the message she had NO interest in them. Willow kept on babbling about the best places to patrol based on what she'd read up on about vampires and demons and the places they liked to hang out. It felt like she wanted to be the one in charge. She really needed to tell Nyaya and Giles about everything. Maybe they'd have some tips on dealing with the three of them. Forcing a smile she tucked her stake in her jeans "Hey, guys, I think that's enough patrolling for the night. We've been out here for what seems like forever and I really want to go to the Bronze and check it out."

"Buffy you can't dismiss your duties by going dancing."Angel scolded.

"Yeah, well, guess what Angel, I am going there to do more than dance. Don't you think vampires go to places like that. I mean hello there are people there." Buffy explained, rolling her eyes. God, he could be so dense.

Sighing deeply, Angel nodded before putting his hand on her back. "Fine then lets go."

Moving away from him, Buffy shook her head. "No, Angel that is all right. I mean I don't need you to go. I think I and Willow and Xander can take care of it. Really."

"Well I think I should still go and see what this is all about. Not to mention that you are doing your duties and not just partying." Angel stated as he walked off towards the Bronze.

"Buffy, he is bit over whelming, don't you think. "Willow asked. "And you seem kinds preoccupied too."

Buffy waved her hand. "Pffft. I don't care what forehead man is about. I've been feeling a bit off since I bumped into that guy. He seemed familiar but I don't think I ever met him before. Probably just a glitch in the Slayer senses. It happens sometimes. Come on, let's go have some fun." She smiled at Willow, linking arms with her. The girl might be a bit of a brainiac control freak, but she seemed to have a good heart. She was just a little over eager to help. And all things considered, Buffy welcomed having some help.

"What guy Buffy? I mean he was just some random guy walking by and you weren't paying attention. No big deal, no reason to even keep thinking about him." Xander smiled at her, trying to put his arm around her. "So you gonna save me a dance?" He asked, giving her his best pleading puppy dog look.

Buffy laughed, pulling away. What was it with guys who didn't get the message? "We'll just have to see Xander."




Chapter End Notes:
Please help feed my muse review