Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok, I know I posted this chapter already. But suddenly it was gone. Weird. Unfortunately I also lost the reviews I got for this chapter, which makes me very sad. Oh well, nothing I can do but post again. *sigh*
16





Stumbling over his feet in surprise, Liam lost his balance and fell. A sharp wave of pain went through him, causing him to groan, and he realized he had managed to twist his ankle. But the shock of seeing who the traitor was, who had just stopped him from beating William, made him forget all about the pain, at least for the moment. “You?!” He stared at his so-called friend in disbelief and fury.

“That’s enough.” Gunn sounded almost sad. “I can’t let you beat the shit out of him like this. He hasn’t even done anything, and you know it.” He glanced at William, about to scramble to his feet. “You okay, man?” William nodded, obviously surprised.

Liam tried to get up, but the pain in his ankle was too much. “Fuck! That hurts!” He glared at Gunn in accusation. “If I were you, I’d run. Because when I get back on my feet, you’re gonna wish…”

“Oh, shut up, will you?!” Gunn was clearly not impressed, nor the least bit intimidated by the threat. “I’m not afraid of you. In fact, I should’ve done this a long time ago.” He paused. “For years, all you had to do was say ‘jump’, and I’d ask how high. But guess what, Angelus? I’ve had enough.” He turned back to William. “You can get out of here, dude.”

William hesitated. Then he slowly walked over to Liam, still on the ground, looking down at him with disgust. He turned to Gunn. “Thanks, mate. But I think I’ll stick around for a while.” He glanced at Liam, who still seemed to be in a state of shock, obviously not used to people talking back to him in any way. A part of him just wanted to leave, but he knew this opportunity was too good to pass up. When would he ever get a chance like this again?

Gunn gave him a doubtful look. Then, understanding finally dawning on him, he nodded, knowing that if their roles had been reversed, he’d probably do exactly the same thing. So, instead of objecting, he just turned around and left, ignoring how Liam called out for him.

“Gunn! You fucking asshole, get back here!” Liam stared after him for a moment, then did another attempt of getting to his feet. But William stopped him, easily, by immediately kicking his other leg away from supporting his weight, causing Liam to land flat on his back. Cursing and growling in fury, Liam managed to pull himself up in a sitting position. He gave William a threatening look, which probably would have been a lot more intimidating had he not been forced to sit on the ground, looking up at his former victim. “Touch me again, and…”

William interrupted him, letting out a bitter laugh. “What are you gonna do? Glare at me?” Liam opened his mouth, but William surprised them both by kicking him again, this time in the stomach. “Did I say you could speak? Until I do, you just shut your mouth.” He kicked Liam again, just to prove his point, chuckling coldly when the dark-haired boy gasped for air. But on the inside, his violent actions almost made him feel sick. He didn’t enjoy hurting other people like Liam did, but he knew that if he was ever going to win this battle, he had to make Liam think he did.

Luckily, Liam was smart enough to stay quiet, much to William’s relief. Thinking fast, he took a step back, allowing Liam to catch his breath. Then he smirked. “What’s the matter, mate? Not so cocky now, are you?” He paused, pretending to be thinking hard. “Let’s see, what am I gonna do with you now?”

Liam still seemed more angry than afraid, but a slight shadow of fear appeared on his face, only for a moment, but still. Then it was gone, and he glared at William again. “You’re just a fucking loser. Why are you doing this?”

“Why?!” William stared at him in disbelief, then recalled Liam’s words to him, last week in the locker room. “What can I say? I really don’t like you.”


*~*~*


Buffy ran across the school yard, looking wildly around her. She was terrified of what Liam would do to William, not able to stand seeing him get hurt by that jerk again. If only she hadn’t run into Riley, then she probably would have found him by now. Still, she couldn’t deny the fact that the look on Riley’s face when she had turned him down had been priceless.

Now she remembered Liam having the nerve to ask her out as well. Buffy snorted. Like she could ever be interested in him. Aside from being an abusive bastard, his forehead was way too big. And his hair grew straight up, making him look stupid. She wished she had kicked him in the balls instead of just walking away. Well, it wasn’t too late for that, she decided bitterly. If Liam had so much as touched William by the time she found them, she would make sure that pig wouldn’t be able to have children, like ever!


*~*~*


“I wouldn’t move again if I were you, mate.” William was relieved, yet a little surprised when he realized that he sounded perfectly calm. A part of him wanted nothing more than to beat Liam into a bloody pulp, finally being able to get his revenge after all the pain and humiliation he had suffered by Liam’s hands over the years. Still, he knew that simply kicking Liam’s ass wouldn’t solve anything, even though it would probably make him feel a whole lot better.

“Look, you pathetic piece of shit, we both know you’re not gonna do anything. You don’t have it in you.” Liam started to get up, a challenging expression on his face, as if to dare William to stop him. Clearly, the pain in his ankle was starting to wear off. He got a smug look on his face when he saw William’s hesitation.

Before even realizing what he was doing, William quickly kicked Liam again, this time hard enough for him to let out an unmanly cry of pain. “I told you not to move, you stupid wanker!”

Liam almost doubled over in pain, pressing his hand against the side of his chest. “Fuck, man, I think you broke one of my ribs!”

William let out a cold laugh. “No, I didn’t. If I had, it would hurt a hell of a lot more. Believe me, I know.” A pause. “Though, if you move again before I’m done with you, I’ll show you what it really feels like.”

Staring at him for a moment, as if to decide what to do, Liam finally slumped back against the brick wall in defeat. Then he glared at William, who was starting to suspect that this guy was simply too stupid to be afraid of anything. “You’ll be sorry for this. Because when my friends are done with you, you’re gonna wish you had never been born.”

Ignoring that comment, William crouched down next to Liam. “You know, I vaguely recall something you said last week. What was that again? Oh, right. You wanted to show me what it would be like to have a cock in my mouth. Guess what?” He paused, looking directly into Liam’s eyes. “Looks like our roles have been reversed.” He got up, as if to unbutton his jeans.

Finally he got a reaction. Liam’s eyes widened and he quickly glanced around in panic, although not so much to look for help as to make sure no one was watching them. “You wouldn’t!”

“Sure about that, mate?” William stared at him, happy when Liam was the first to look away. Then he snorted. “Knowing you, you’d probably just enjoy it. And I really wouldn’t. So, I guess I have to come up with something better.” He raised a brow. “Any suggestions?”

Liam was quiet for a moment. Then he sighed. “You win, all right? You got me. I won’t mess with you again. Just let me go.”

“All right.” William crossed his arms over his chest and nodded. “All you have to do is beg.”


*~*~*


Buffy put her cellphone back down in her pocket, staying quietly behind the corner of the building where she had been standing for the last couple of minutes, watching William finally give Liam what he deserved. She had been about to rush over to him the moment she saw him, but soon realized that it was in fact William who had the upper hand. So she had hesitated, not sure if she should interrupt him, figuring that this was something William needed to do by himself. Now she watched her boyfriend leave Liam on the ground and walk away, back towards the main building.

She almost called out for him, desperate to make sure he was okay. Then she glanced at Liam, still on the ground and glaring after William with a look of pure hate on his face. Slowly, he pulled himself up, brushing himself off and looking around, obviously hoping no one had witnessed his humiliation. Buffy sighed. She would have to wait a little longer before she could go find William. There was something she had to do first.


TBC