Author's Chapter Notes:
Happy day! This story was nominated at the Spark and Burn awards for Best WIP and Best Fantasy, and I was nominated for Best New Author! Yay, thank you so much to whatever kind soul nominated me! Thanks so much to everyone who's been reading and reviewing, I appreciate the feedback so much. Enjoy the chapter.
The lack of a kitchen table in the apartment meant that the four were spread out on the floor, picnicking on fruit, eggs, bacon, and a wide array of fruit pancakes. Spike and Buffy were leaning up against the couch, pressed side to side, while Xander and Faith moved the coffee table and sprawled out on the rug.

“Thank God you don’t cook like this for me every day,” Faith sighed as she finished off her juice and smacked her lips. “I’d get so fat. Although, you should still offer to cook for me every day. Jerk.”

“Love you too,” Xander smiled, dodging a thrown grape and retaliating with a small pancake.

“Waste! Waste of a pancake!” Buffy cried, snatching it from Faith’s lap and setting it gently back on a plate. “You do not waste tasty food!”

“You know babe, if you were as appreciative as the Buffster here, maybe I would make you breakfast every day.”

“But Buffy would never lower herself to date you. Am I right, B?”

The blonde coughed uncomfortably, and shoved a bite of pancakes in her mouth to stall her answer, blinking innocently.

“It’s true, she wouldn’t,” Xander sighed dramatically. “She’s high class, I’m blue collar. She’s a princess, I’m a pauper.”

“I’m not a princess!” The subject of debate protested with a frown.

“Oh, really B?” Faith scoffed. “Where do you live?”

“Um…The Gardens?” She admitted, naming the city’s most desirable neighborhood.

“Uh-huh…and what kind of car do you drive?”

She ducked her head awkwardly and mumbled, “A BMW.”

“And how much did the stupid wedding cost?”

“Leave her alone, Faith,” Spike warned, glancing over to make sure Buffy wasn’t upset, while he himself was annoyed after one brief mention of the aborted nuptials.

“I’m just teasing, dude! Really though B, I’m curious. The wedding sounded fancy. How much did Daddy spend?”

“Um, I don’t know---“

“I’m kind of curious too,” Xander piped in. “Not to be gossip guy I just…I read about it in the paper this morning, and---“

“The paper?” Buffy’s eyes widened and her fork clattered to her plate.

“You’re a stupid git, Harris,” growled Spike, his arm gravitating to wrap around her shoulders. Faith smacked Xander hard on the head, and he whimpered.

“Can I read it?” Buffy asked politely once everyone had calmed down.

“Love, don’t---“

“I’m fine, Spike. I’m a big girl, I can handle it,” she stood quickly and moved to grab the paper from the kitchen counter. His arm dropped to the ground, and he gritted his teeth as she spread the paper out.

“Society section, page ten,” Xander murmured. When his girlfriend glared at him, he said, “What? I’m helping.”

She took a deep breath and read it aloud, voice gaining in confidence as she spoke until she was mocking the words in anger. “This weekend’s social calendar was completely centered on one event. However, the much-anticipated wedding of Liam O’Connor, heir of Nathaniel O’Connor, and Buffy Anne Summers, former Miss Sunnydale, did not quite live up to your columnist’s expectations. Forty-five minutes after the ceremony was scheduled to begin, guests were informed that the bride had unfortunately fallen ill, and the ceremony would be rescheduled for later this summer. We were welcomed to stay and enjoy the lavish reception, rumored to have cost even more than the Wilkins wedding three summers ago, likely exceeding $200,000. While enjoying the finest cuisine prepared by chef Andrew Wells, the rumors flew. From a very trustworthy source, I learned that Ms. Summers actually fled the scene with an unidentified man, and the engagement is off. What will this mean for the merger of O’Connor Industries and the Medina Corporation, headed by the father of the runaway bride? Who knows, dear readers, but what I do know for certain is this: this summer’s social scene just got a little more interesting.”

There was silence in the room.

“You were Miss Sunnydale?” Spike finally asked, eyes wide with the realization that he still had thousands of unanswered questions about her.

“Please tell me there’s footage of this momentous occasion,” Xander said, wide-eyed and impressed..

“That’s not the point, dude,” Faith suppressed a laugh, then turned to Buffy. “Sorry, is this not a laughing matter yet?”

“No, no, laugh away,” She pouted and crumpled the paper up before throwing it on the floor, then kicked at it angrily.

“Oh man, you wrinkled the comics!” Xander blurted out.

She continued as if she hadn’t even heard him. Her tone was harsh, dripping with an elitist disdain that made Spike cringe. “I hate that woman. That Bitsy von Muffling-whatever wannabe writing about people’s lives because she doesn’t have one, like anyone gives a shit what she has to say.” A hot flush of anger spread over her skin as she bit her lip nervously, mind suddenly flooded with all the possible outcomes of her night away.

The room was quiet again, and Spike couldn’t read in Buffy’s eyes how she was feeling, but he was a bit thrown by her sudden hard demeanor. She glanced over quickly and smiled at him, and though he’d only known that smile for half a day, he could tell it was strained. He smiled back, weakly, fantastic mood crushed under the weight of fear that Buffy might go running back home immediately, as she was clearly upset.

“Let me just help clean up this mess and we’ll head down?” He finally suggested when it was clear no one else was going to break the silence.

“No, no, you two go,” Faith insisted, wiggling her eyebrows jokingly at Buffy, with smiling. “We can clean up, right Xander?”

“But I cooked. Common decency states that the chef---“

“Shut up.”

“Okay.”

Buffy protested for a minute, but ultimately followed Spike out of the apartment and down the stairs. She was feeling confused and off balance, suddenly confronted with concrete evidence of the previous day’s events and trying to suppress her panic over what her parents’ reactions would be. So wrapped up in her own conflicted emotions, she hardly noticed when they reached the bedroom.

Once she did realize where they were, she reached out and spun him back to face her, reaching up to pull his head down for a hard kiss. He responded instantly, pressed her up against the door, hands sliding to cup her ass as he lifted her slightly so her feet were barely on the floor. Buffy clung to him for balance, sinking into his possessive kiss by sliding her tongue to dance with his, a plaintive whimper escaping as his fingers dug harder into her skin.

When they parted, she asked breathlessly, “You aren’t leaving yet, right?”

“What?” His eyes were hazy with lust, and he shook his head as if to clear off a fog of confusion.

“Leaving. You aren’t---“

“I have all day,” he blurted out quickly, smiling happily at her question though the promise of a full day with her still didn’t seem like long enough.

“Me too.”

They kissed again quickly, and Spike lifted her higher to wrap her legs around his waist, backing up to fall onto the bed as he pushed any worries about her out of his mind. She was here with him now, she wasn’t leaving, and that was all that mattered. If she wanted to talk about it, she would.

He moved his hands up her sides to cup her face gently, lowering the intensity of the kiss as he lightly traced the edges of her lips with his tongue. His erection grew as she wriggled on top of him, and he pushed her up a bit to catch his breath, planning to take the morning slow, to draw out every second in her presence and make her stay as long as possible.

Spike sat up quickly and Buffy squealed, finding herself straddling his lap with his arms wrapped around her back under her shirt.

“Hi,” he said goofily, then nuzzled his face into her neck with a sigh.

“Hi yourself.” She smiled against his hair as he stroked her back, rough fingers tracing her spine lazily. Pulling away slightly, she said, “I’m sorry about earlier, about getting all wigged out.”

“Understandable,” he shrugged as he pulled away and smiled reassuringly at her. “Nothing to apologize for.”

“Okay. So can we…can we just pretend that whole thing doesn’t exist?” Buffy captured his earlobe between her teeth and nibbled a bit, too shy to make the first move but wanting his touch to drive away her anxiety. “You can distract me.”

“And how might I do that?” Spike teased, understanding instantly what she was getting at and wanting to play a bit.

“Well, we have this big long day,” she giggled shyly. “And I bet you could teach me a lot in that time.”

His grip on her tightened as a dizzying combination of arousal at what her words promised and the deeper understanding of what she meant, but he pushed that jealousy away and focused on his tightening groin. “Eager to learn, then?”

Buffy blushed prettily and shrugged her shoulders. “Maybe.” Her soft word turned into a shriek of surprise as he flipped her over, but she was silenced with the insistent pressure of his lips and she submitted to his passionate domination.

When Spike pulled away, he groaned out, “One day’s not enough to teach you all I know. But I bet we could have fun trying.” If she wanted to learn, he’d take that time to show her how good it could be, and maybe push his way inside her so deep that she wouldn’t be able to leave him. He kissed her once more, gasping into the kiss, then continued, “Let’s take showers, yeah? Get nice and clean before I dirty you up again.”

Flushing more at his words, Buffy arched into the sudden brush of his fingers on her nipple, a soft sigh escaping from her kiss bruised lips. She found herself overtaken by a passion free of any nervousness from the night before, and nodded her agreement with the suggestion.

“Do you want to go first?” She asked breathlessly.

“Was thinking together, pet. Saves on the hot water. I could bathe you.” He winked at her, utterly charmed by her sudden display of naiveté.

“Oh!” She covered her face momentarily, embarrassed, then pulled her hand away and said a little sexily, laughter in her eyes, “Sounds good. But, you know, we’re already in bed…”

“I think you’re trying to seduce me, love,” he mused, pulling her up from the bed. “I just thought we could relax and I’d pamper you as a lady deserves, but if you want something else, all you have to do is ask---“

Glaring at him, Buffy cut him off with a kiss. Somehow they made it into the bathroom as they removed each other’s shirts quickly and barely left each other’s lips. Spike blindly reached for the nozzle and turned on the shower, muttering an apology for how long the water took to heat up before focusing his attention on pulling his pants off of Buffy’s hips.

“Towels!” He said suddenly, darting out to his room and grabbing them out of his duffel bag. He was back quickly, tossing them on the counter before pulling Buffy into the warm shower. They moaned happily under the firm water pressure, and Spike curled his tongue behind his teeth as he raked his eyes over Buffy’s body. Then with a smile, he reached out to grab a washcloth and started soaping up her soft skin as the small bathroom filled with steam.

“Now, what do you think you’re doing?” She giggled when he continued to bathe her casually.

“Gonna take care of you, pet,” he purred into her ear. “Make you feel so good.”

Spike rubbed her skin, first with the washcloth then with his hands alone, soothing any remnants of stress or worry from her body. He dug deeper into her muscles, and Buffy couldn’t help but arch into his touch and moan softly. She was surprised at the tender gesture, turned on beyond belief but enjoying the slow torture of his relaxed ministrations.

His erection nudged her hip, but he didn’t seem inclined to do anything with it yet, as he poured shampoo into his hands next and lathered up her hair. With gentle fingers he massaged her scalp, then quickly washed his own hair like an afterthought.

“Don’t have conditioner, love,” he said softly.

“No problem.” Her sigh was blissful, and sent more blood down to his painfully hard cock.

He rinsed the shampoo off of both of them before his hands returned to massage her back again, then moved down around and crept down her front.

“Mmm…” She leaned back into his hard form, body completely under his control as he stroked her stomach teasingly.

Suddenly, her hand crept behind her to grasp his cock, and he bucked in surprise. “Oh, yeah…”

Spike dipped his hand lower and slid it between her legs, finding the hot slickness that hid there. Unerringly he found her clit and stroked it gently, lips moving to find a tender, sensitive bit of skin under her chin. The night before he’d been so concerned with the fact that it was her first time, and now he was letting go of his control as he was consumed with the need to possess her.

The pace of his ministrations quickened, and Buffy felt her knees weaken from the waves of pleasure shooting out of her core. Spike nudged her forward and tucked his knee in between her legs to spread them slightly, panting against the back of her neck.

“Put your hands on the wall, Buffy,” he ordered.

She obeyed, reluctantly removing her hand from his flesh to steady herself, shivering a bit despite the warmth of the water. His body melded to hers easily, his thick cock pressing against the crack of her ass. One hand banded around her waist to hold her up, while the other dove between her legs again, curling his fingers up inside her.

The cry she let out echoed in the room, and he fastened his lips to her shoulder in a gentle bite. He’d memorized what she’d liked the night before and used the experience to work her into a quivering mess, as he ground his cock between her perfectly round cheeks, murmuring gentle reassurances when she cried out again.

He knew he didn’t need to reassure her when she sighed, “Spike…yeah…”

“Yeah?” He released her flesh and moved to whisper in her ear throatily. “Tell me what you need, baby.”

“Need? I…”

“Need another finger up your sweet little pussy?”

“Oh!” She felt her stomach flutter at his frank words, fighting the urge to almost laugh from the pleasure.

“Or do you need me to rub your clit faster…”

“Um…both…”

“Good girl,” he groaned against her skin and did what she asked, rubbing his hips harder against her, which pressed her pelvis down onto his fingers. The need to take her was strong but he wanted to draw out the sweet torment, tease her until she was begging for more of him.

When Buffy started to grind on her own, fucking his fingers with thrusts of her hips, he moved his other hand up to squeeze her breasts and flick her nipples. His lips pressed hard into her neck, tongue tasting her flesh and catching falling drops of water.

She came suddenly when he bit down suddenly, just a little harder than she would have expected. He held her up with his arm around her waist again as he lengthened her orgasm with well practiced caresses, stilling his hips to keep himself controlled.

The heat in her body was just as powerful as the night before, but different, less explosive but more intense. It seemed to last forever as she arched towards his hands then back against his erection, fingers clawing uselessly against the slick tile wall as she shook and shivered as cooling shards of water prickled her skin.

Mingling with the sound of her lustful pants, Spike’s low murmur made her pussy throb more. “That’s it…love how you look when you come, wish I could see those pretty eyes…”

Her body sagged in his arms, and he spun her around quickly to press her against the shower door and steal her last few high, breathy sighs with a kiss, shaking just as hard as she was.

“Let’s get you back in my bed,” He smirked when he’d managed to calm down. “Got a lot of other things to teach you, Ms. Summers.”





Banner by dampersandspoons