Author's Chapter Notes:
Oh my goodness-Here it is, the last post. I hope you guys enjoy it. Thank you so much for all of your kind words. *wipes tear away*

Don't forget you can vote for this and other awesome stories at http://www.cradle-of-humanity.de.vu/.

And if you liked this one, you might like my new one: Promised. The first chapter is already posted here.
Thanks guys!
Buffy woke slowly, the warm comfort of William’s arms lulling her one step back towards sleep for every two she took towards awake. She smiled slowly as she remembered the previous evening with William and pressed herself back against him. She giggled when he muttered in his sleep and then wiggled against him a bit more deliberately.

He moaned and tightened his hold on her.

Wiggling once more for good measure, Buffy turned in his arms. “Seriously, is it always hard?”

William chuckled drowsily and blinked his eyes open. “Pretty much whenever I’m with you.”

She giggled and lifted her face up to give him a quick kiss. “Good Morning.”

“Brilliant morning.” He leaned down to claim her lips for deeper kiss.

“Except...” Buffy pulled away slightly, “we have to be at school in a couple of hours.”

He nuzzled her neck and kissed her ear lobe. “Couple of hours…hmm have to move fast then.”

Laughing, Buffy shook her head. “Remember when you were all shy? What happened to that?”

“Found my calling I guess.”

“Your calling?”

William brought his face close to hers and gave a little nod. “Lovin’ my girl. I’m thinking it’s what I was made for.” He gave her another kiss.

“Mmm…I like the sound of that.” Buffy reached up and ran her fingers through his hair. “Also, I like your hair like this.” She gave the curls a little ruffling and giggled at William’s skeptical look. “The curls are so cute when it’s all messy; I’m thinking I should get you all rumpled more often.”

“I could use some rumpling right now.” He wriggled his eyebrows in an exaggeratedly suggestive manner.

Giggling, Buffy shook her head. “If we go again, I may not be able to walk today.”

William paled; his smile was immediately replaced with a look of concern. “Buffy are you…you didn’t say anything…if I’m hurting you…”

She stopped him with a quick kiss. “Relax.” She giggled. “Trust me; last night was totally worth a little soreness today.”

A smile flitted across his face for a moment before he again took a serious tone. “I just don’t like the idea of hurting you.”

“But it’s a good kind of hurt.” Seeing that he was once again about to argue, Buffy tried a different approach. “Seriously aren’t you a little sore too? I mean that thing you did when we were…you know… on the stairs, that had to be using a whole new set of muscles.”

William grinned at the memory. “That was…that was good, yeah?”

“Definitely of the good, but you can’t tell me that holding me up like that didn’t give you a bit of a work-out.”

He scoffed. “You’re tiny…was nothing.”

“William.”

He grinned at her skeptical expression. “You just can’t let me maintain my image of manliness here, can you?” At her head shake he continued. “Fine, yeah I’m a bit stiff as well.”

“Good.” Buffy nodded while adopting a smug expression.

“How’s that?”

“You’ll have an extra little reminder of me all day.”

He grinned. “You’ll have one too.” He leaned close. “Tell me pet; will you be thinking about all the things I could be doing to that lovely little body of yours when you should be focused on your class work? When the prof’s lecturing away will you be thinking about my tongue working its way down to your sweet little button? Will you be squirming in your chair thinking about my cock, your pretty pink…”

“William!” Buffy interrupted him with a gasp.

“No?” He asked with an innocent look. He shrugged. “I was just curious luv.”

Buffy shuddered, her entire body warming with arousal from his naughty suggestions. Reaching between their bodies, she smoothed her hand down his abdomen and grasped the base of his erection. At his groan, she grinned. “Just curious luv” she teased before sliding her hand slowly up and down his hard length.

William clenched his jaw. “That’s…that’s …just cruel.”

“Oh but I just wanted to know if you’d be thinking about me.” Her fingertip found a bead of moisture on his tip and moved in a sensuous circle, swirling it around.

He closed his eyes. “Always…oh…oh good…oh god…that’s…nice.”

Buffy pouted. “Just nice?” She tightened her grip.

“No…no...it is really, really, quite…”

“What? It’s really quite what William?” She hooked her ankle around his leg and slid it up to his thigh.

He gave a strange whimper-growl. “Please luv. Buffy…”

She pulled her hand away and placed it on his chest, giving him a firm shove. “On your back.”

Complying without argument, William was openly startled when she quickly swung her leg over him to rest astride his thighs. “Pet?”

She grinned. “Walking, it’s over-rated.”

William couldn't erase the grin from his face and didn’t bother trying. He walked the halls of the school in a daze. It was certainly the best day of his life; in forty minutes he would be sitting next to his girl in their final class of the day and an hour after that they would head over to the hospital to pick up his mother. He was so lost in thought that he didn’t even notice that Angel was heading his way or that they were the only two people in the hall.

“Willie-boy!”

Startled, William responded without even thinking. “It’s William.”

Angel laughed. “Yeah I know.”

William said nothing; he squared his shoulders and watched the larger man with a quiet new-found confidence.

After a moment Angel spoke again. “You stole my girl.” His tone held only a touch of accusation.

William nodded. “I didn’t think I could.” The words were out before he even considered them. Afterwards, his mouth opened and shut quickly in surprise.

He wasn’t the only one startled by the response; Angel’s eyes widened for a moment before he started laughing. “Well that I believe. I didn’t think you could either.”
Sighing, William considered his next words carefully. “I…I regret that you were…”

“But you’re not sorry.” Angel interrupted firmly.

William nodded. “No. I’ll never be that.”

“You love her.” It was statement. Angel was certain.

“Oh yes.”

“Buffy…she deserves…” He sighed.

William laughed. “She deserves better than either of us.”

Angel nodded. “She wants big things, you know? She wants to see stuff and know stuff. I…I’m Sunnydale. I’m a good football player, but I know I’m not going pro. I’ll play at Sunny U and then I’ll come back here and coach. That’s enough for me. You know? It’s not enough for Buffy. You’re like her I think, or she thinks at least. You gotta show her…” He shrugged then, done talking.

William didn’t know what to say. He nodded. “I’ll do anything for her, to make her happy.”

“Yeah, I know you will.” He nodded.

William smiled tentatively and offered the other man his hand. Angel was being remarkably civil and he figured that the least he could do was return the consideration.

Angel quickly shook William’s hand and then thrust his hands into his pockets. His expression grew serious. “I don’t need to tell you that if you ever hurt her, you’ll be dealing with me.”

“I ever hurt her, what you could do to me won’t compare to what I’d do to myself.”

“Fair enough.” Angel gave a little nod and finally a full grin. “Hey do you know anything about Faith?”

“Buffy’s friend? The scary chit?” He blushed lightly with his admission.

Angel grinned widely and nodded. “Yeah,” he said “that’s the girl. Hot.”

William shrugged. “I don’t…that is, I don’t know much about her.”

“Think she’ll go out with me?”

William’s eyes widened. “I…I think that you’re generally…” He laughed. “Won’t most girls?”

“Yeah.” Angel agreed easily. “But she’s…I don’t know how to describe her…feisty.”

William thought that he’d stick with scary, but he nodded companionably. “She’s certainly unique. I…I should be getting back to lab.”

Angel looked surprised to see William still standing there. “Yeah, right. See ya ‘round.”

Epilogue

Buffy opened her front door and grinned. “William, what’s with the jacket?”

He scoffed. “Who’s William? Sounds like a right ponce.” He thumped himself on the chest. “Name’s Spike luv. You’d best remember it.” He winked. “You’ll be needing it later.” He made a show of pretending to look over her shoulder and into the house. “This William, he’s not here now is he? I’ll show him a thing or two. He must be mad to leave a girl like you all alone and ripe for the taking.”

Buffy laughed at her husband’s antics. “I take it your mom was happy to babysit.”

The End.


Chapter End Notes:
Final reviews rock!