Author's Chapter Notes:
thanks to my wonderfull beta Kristi. Couldn't do this without her help. Also thanks to maddonna001, sanityfair, Pet, Lou, jamies_lady, cordykitten, kw, Sotia, Tuesday, spuffy, and Bryntrev for your reviews. They mean alot to me.


,
“Luv? Are you here?” Spike tried to look thru the darkness that he found himself in. He heard a pained moan coming from the floor by his feet.

“Spike? What happened?” Spike reached down and gently lifted her to her feet.

“Don’t rightly know, pet. Was making you my mate and then I passed out and woke up here. Are you hurt?” Buffy shook her head but realized that he wouldn’t be able to see in this darkness, “I’m fine. Do you know where we are? And how did I get dressed?”

“I can answer that for you,” a voice said as the lights came on.

“Whistler,” Buffy hissed, “I should have known.” She took an aggressive step forward. “I guess I get that hat now.” He took several steps away from the slayer.

“Now look, this wasn’t my idea, Slayer.” Spike put a hand on her shoulder. “Pet, who is this?” He sniffed the air and growled at the scent of demon so close to his obviously upset mate.

“If you will just let me explain, please.” He was hoping he could get out of this without getting hurt. Next time the Powers wanted to talk to this girl they could do it directly and not use him. This one was scary and her new mate wasn’t much better. “Get on with it,” Buffy practically growled.

“Okay, here’s the deal people, your little witch decided to do some spell casting and the Powers are trying to help things get right. You and your vampire here mating at the same time the spell was cast has given the Powers some room to move in your favor. I assume you want to stay mated, right?” Buffy and Spike looked at the scared messenger like he was crazy. Spike answered for the both of them. “Of course we do, we wouldn’t have made the claim if we didn’t want it.” Buffy nodded her head in full agreement.

“All right what did my friends do for my ‘benefit’ now?” She was trying not to take her anger out on Whistler, but it wasn’t easy. ‘Why couldn’t the Powers send someone else?’

“They did, dearie.” Buffy and Spike both stood there shocked as Drusilla walked their way from out of nowhere. “You, sir, are making a mess of thing. Miss Edith says you should be punished, making the golden girl all angry isn’t right. Hello, my Dark Prince, Sunshine.” Both bottle blonds looked confused as they tried to make sense of what was happening now.

“What are you doing here, pet?” Spike put himself slightly in front of Buffy, knowing how to deal with his dark princess better than she did. Drusilla watched him, amused at her childe’s actions.

“I won’t hurt the Sunshine, even if I am cross that she stole my Dark Prince. The bright lights said if I helped my Prince and his Sunshine that I could have my spark back and that would make my daddy happy. I want the spark if it means I can be with my daddy.” She looked off into space hearing only her fairies knew what.

She started swaying back and forth. “Naughty witch thinks she can meddle just cause she doesn’t agree with the pretty Sunshine. Nasty witch even lied to the man with the glasses and made the funny one and his girl do the spell. Poor little white witch has no idea what damage her little tree has caused. Will have her heart all smashed to pieces. She will need mothering after she finds out. Will your mother be up for the changes, Sunshine?” Buffy, who had not understood any of that turned to Spike hoping he knew what she was talking about.

“What she means, pet, is that Red lied to the Watcher and somehow spelled the Whelp and demon girl to help with the spell. Glinda will need a place to stay after she finds out about Willow, cause her magic doesn’t work like that. Think Mum would mind another house guest?”

“Okay people, getting off topic here, do you want to know what’s going to happen or not?” Whistler interrupted. He knew they didn’t have much more time left. “The Powers can’t do anything about the spell, but they can work around it. Spike, you and Dru will be sent to San Francisco, Spike you will not remember anything about Buffy, but Dru will. She has been sent to see that you do not go on killing sprees or she forfeits the right to Angel. She will not be killing either. At the right time she will bring you to Sunnydale. From there it will be up to you and Buffy to bring all the memories back. You guys will have to figure out how to do that on your own. Buffy you’ll stay in Sunnydale, you will also not remember anything about Spike. In fact Willow’s spell worked a little too well cause the only person who will remember anything about the both of you is Dru. No one in Sunnydale or L.A. will remember anything about Spike from after he has run off after kidnapping Willow and Xander for the love spell. Also because you’re mated Spike’s demon and your inner slayer will know something’s up. Unfortunately the spell will block anything that has to do with your connection, so Spike may get growly, but not know why. “You don‘t have much time left to say goodbye.” Whistler disappeared in a flash, leaving out the most important thing.

“Don’t worry, Sunshine, I want my daddy so I will take good care of my Prince for you. It won’t be too long. Can I help you punish the witch when you remember this?” Dru looked at Buffy eagerly.

“Ummm… we’ll see?” Buffy turned to Spike, trying not to cry. “I’ll miss you.”

“Don’t worry, pet. I’ll get you back.” He turned to Drusilla. “You will help me won’t you, pet?”

“I don’t get my Daddy otherwise.” Spike nodded his head finally at peace with the fact that his sire will always love her Daddy most.

“See, pet, no worries. I love you.” Spike teared up at the thought of his girl hurting like this. He hugged her tight and breathed in her scent for the last time in awhile. With all his willpower he stopped the tears from falling until Buffy’s own tear filled face looked up at him.

“I love you too, Spike.” She said softly just before the lights flashed again and Buffy and Spike felt the spell take hold.

-----------

3 months later

“Oh, god, not again.” Buffy ran out of the dorm room and to the bathroom, waking Willow from her sleep. Willow waited for Buffy to come back into the room.

“Okay, see this,” Willow pointed to herself, “this is my resolve face. You have puked every morning for the last week. You are going to the doctor.”

“Fine, Willow, whatever will make me stop puking. Will you go with me?” Buffy wearily laid down on her bed. “It’ll be faster if I just go to the student health center. Please, you know I hate the hospital.”

Willow agreed to go with Buffy and they got dressed and headed to the campus clinic. She got the proper forms from the desk and filled them out while she waited to be called back.

“Buffy Summers,” the nurse called. Buffy and Willow followed the nurse back to the room. She told the nurse her symptoms and the nurse gave her a knowing look and went to call the doctor. When he came in she described the symptoms again for him.

The doctor looked at the nurse than back at her, “Well I have an idea, but I’d like to get a blood test and a urine sample first. Is that alright?”

“If you can make me stop puking you can have all the blood you want.” Willow snorted at that. The nurse drew the blood and showed Buffy to the bathroom. When she came back into the room she looked at Willow “What was the laughing for?” Buffy asked her.

“I was just thinking about what the vamps would say if they heard that.” Willow giggled again.

“Okay, that would be funny.” They both shared in the laugh, and about the same time the giggles stopped, the doctor came back in.

“Well, Miss Summers, I was right. You, my dear, are pregnant.”