Author's Chapter Notes:
First of all thanks to my wonderfull beta Kristi. Really couldn't do this without her help. Also thanks to Sotia, jamies_lady, cordykitten, sanityfair, Pet, Lou, RB, and Kandrin, for your reviews. They encourage me to write faster.
“Come on, Dru. I’ve played your game for months now. I wanna eat someone.” Spike was sick of playing at being a white hat. There was no reason a master vampire like himself had to eat from a bag.

“Ruff. Bad dog. There will be no eating of people. Mummy promised Miss Edith that she would do everything needed to get her daddy back. Nasty witch gave me the chance and I will not go back on my word to my Prince.” Usually Spike could understand her babbling but this was just not making any sense.

“Fine,” he said angrily, “Lets just go and see what we can find tonight.” So here he was, a master vampire, going to find other creatures like himself to kill. He heard his sire mumbling to herself.

“Told my Prince and the golden girl I would keep him safe and I will do it. The stars promised me my daddy, I just have to wait a little longer.”

------

Buffy and Willow walked out of the clinic in shock. “I need to go and…see my mom.” Buffy went to walk away when a hand on her arm stopped her.

“Buffy, who?” Willow didn’t remember Buffy talking about anyone since Parker a year ago. She was kind of upset that Buffy hadn’t confided in her.

“I don’t know!” Buffy exclaimed before running off towards her house. Willow watched her go knowing she would have to come back to the dorm sometime and then she would try and find out what had happened.

----------

Buffy stared at her front door, wondering if she should go in. Gathering up her courage she opened the door and looked around for her mom. She found Joyce in the kitchen making some hot chocolate.

“Hello, dear, needed a break from dorm life again?” When Joyce heard sniffling coming from her daughter she turned around. Shocked, she saw tears coming from Buffy’s eyes. “Buffy, has something happened? Is everyone okay?” Buffy started to cry softly.

“Mommy, I … I’m pregnant.” Joyce looked shocked.

“Who is the father?” With those words Buffy started to sob in earnest.

“I don’t know. There hasn’t been anyone in over a year. I just don’t understand.” Buffy broke down and sank to the floor. Joyce came over, sat down next to her and wrapped her in a big hug.

“Shhh…. It will be okay. We’ll work it out.” Joyce was wondering how long she could keep it together. “Let’s get you some rest upstairs.” She led the almost comatose Buffy up the stairs and into her room to lie down. After getting her tucked in Joyce sat beside the bed holding her little girl’s hand. Joyce knew this was a bad time to mention slaying but didn’t want Buffy going out in her current state.

“Buffy, what do you plan on doing about slaying?” Joyce received no answer so tried something else, “Why don’t I call Mr. Giles for you?” This suggestion earned a small nod of approval so she waited till Buffy fell asleep before walking downstairs to make the call.
----------
Month 3:

“Well, there doesn’t seem to be anything in the codex. So no prophecy, does that help?” Giles looked at his slayer.

“Oh yes,” she said sarcastically, “I’m so happy that I’m pregnant without knowing who the father is and no prophecy to give us any idea of what’s going on.”

Month 4:

“Oh, god,” Buffy rushed to the bathroom, “I think it's trying to kill me.” She wiped her mouth and came back out. “Sorry, guys, where were we?” She got settled back in the living room with Xan and Willow to finish watching the movie.

Month 6:

“Your whating my Watcher?” Buffy practically yelled after finding Giles and her mother kissing on the couch. Joyce looked up and smiled.

“It’s called dating, dear. You know when a boy and a girl….”

“Stop! I don’t wanna hear this.” Buffy retreated upstairs to her room, the sound of laughter following her.

Month 7:

“Is it kicking now?” Willow asked, “Can I feel it?” Buffy sighed and guided Willow‘s hand to where the baby was trying to punch its way out of her belly.

“I’m gonna be so happy when this baby comes out. I’m sick of having a fat stomach.” Willow giggled when Buffy added, “Although it does let me eat anything I want.”


Month 9:

“Mom, I need yours and Giles’ help to get down the stairs without falling!” Buffy yelled from the top of the staircase. Giles and Joyce looked at each other and chuckled.

“Honey, you can make it down the stairs by yourself, you’re pregnant not disabled.” They both laughed about how uncoordinated the slayer was at nine months.

“Normally I would agree with you but I seem to be in labor right now,” Buffy explained through clenched teeth as another contraction hit. Joyce turned wide eyes to the man she’d been dating for three months. As soon as Buffy’s words sank in, she leapt from the couch, practically jumping over Giles to help her daughter down the stairs.

“Giles, get the car,” Joyce ordered. “Remember to breathe honey,” she said gently to Buffy. Joyce was so frazzled that when they got to the car she stopped. “The suitcase,” she practically yelled. She let go of Buffy and ran back to the house. Buffy hunched over as another contraction hit.

“Giles!!” she yelled. “Help me into the car so we can go.” Giles came around to her side and started helping her into the car as Joyce came back out with the suitcase.

“What are you doing? Get the car started.” Giles mentally rolled his eyes and went quietly to the driver’s side and started the car. The drive to the hospital was marked with panting and yelling to go faster. When they arrived at the hospital, Joyce ran slightly ahead and went up to the first nurse she saw.

“My daughter is in labor,” she stated unnecessarily.

“I think they could tell that since I look like a beached whale,” Buffy said. They got her registered and into the delivery room they were going to use.

“I’m tired, Mommy. I don’t think I can do this.” Buffy was exhausted after being in labor for 10 hours.

“Women say that all the time and if it were true there would be no babies in the world. You can do this. I believe in you, darling. You will have the most beautiful little girl or the most handsome little boy in the whole world.”

“You’re just saying that, because there might be some wacky demony features or some sort of prophecy baby thing aren’t you?” Buffy felt another contraction coming. “Here comes another one.” The doctor came in the room and checked her over.

“Okay, Buffy, it’s time to push now.” The doctor instructed her to push a few more times. 10 minutes later she was still pushing and almost out of energy. Joyce squeezed her hand, “Come on, Buffy, you’re doing great. Just a little longer.”

“Here’s the last push, Buffy. Ready? Now push.” Buffy pushed as hard as she dared in order to not hurt her baby. The child slipped into the doctor’s hands and started wailing.

“Congratulations, Mommy, you’ve got a girl. Grandma, would you like to cut the cord?” Joyce stepped up and cut the cord. The doctor wrapped up the baby and put her in Buffy’s arms.

“See, honey, I told you. She is the most beautiful thing in the whole world. Have you decided on a name yet?”

“Sitara. It was in one of Giles’ books, it means morning star. Do you like it?”

“It fits her just right. Now, get some rest. I’ll sit here with her.” Buffy fell asleep knowing her mother was there to help.

---------

“My Spike, it’s time to go. The sun and star are ready now. They need to see us.” Dru was more than ready, knowing that soon she would get her daddy.

“Exactly where are we going, pet?”

“To the place that Grandmummy was taken. Do you remember where Daddy was?”

“No, absolutely not. It’s bad enough that you have me playing a white hat, now you want to go to the slayer’s stomping grounds? She’ll stake first and ask questions later.”

“No, the Golden Girl needs help, and we will be there to help her. You will come with, won’t you, my prince, or will you leave me to the slayer’s mercy?” Dru knew that without his memory of loving Buffy he would do anything for her.

“Fine, let’s go get killed by the slayer,” Spike grumbled halfheartedly. ‘At least I’ll have a good sparing partner. If we can convince her that we don‘t kill anymore.’

“Don’t worry, my Prince. She will not have a choice. The mummy will let you in, but the man with glasses will not be so accepting. You must be a good doggie and play nice. Please, Spike, I wanna play at the slayer’s home.” Dru started to cry.

“Okay, pet, you win. We’ll go to the slayer’s home.”