Author's Chapter Notes:
I don't own anything but the computer i wrote this on. thanks to those of you who reviewed and special thanks go to Krist who is the most wonderfull and supportive beta i have ever worked with.
“Mom, Giles, I need you to sit with Sitara while I go on patrol.” Buffy yelled down the stairs.

“Of course, dear, just leave the monitor on.” Joyce went back to her tea that Giles had made them. It had been three weeks since Sitara was born and Buffy was ready to get back to slaying.

“Do be careful, Buffy. Are you sure you wouldn’t like Willow, Xander, or myself to come along with you?” Giles put down his cup on the counter and started to get up from the couch.

“Nah, spend some time with Mom. I’ll be fine. It’s been quiet lately so it won’t be a problem.” Buffy hurried out the door before he could continue. ‘I love Giles, but god can he talk.’ she thought as she walked down the block towards Restfield cemetery. Entering the cemetery she wondered where all the action was that night. “I could really use a good fight tonight,” she mumbled. It was then she heard a little girl scream and rushed towards the voice. When she got there she stopped dead. There was a little girl hugging Drusilla, sobbing thank you’s into her dress. That wasn’t the strangest thing, that would be the fact that Drusilla was whispering soothing things back, without going for her neck.

“So, Dru, you came back. Please just let me take the child home and no one needs to get hurt.” That was when she got the shock of her life. The little girl stopped sobbing and turned angry eyes on her.

“This lady made all the monsters go away. She saved me and said she would take me home to my mommy. Leave her alone.” The little girl turned back to Dru and gave her another big hug. “Please take me home.”

“We’ll go now, dear. Maybe the Sunshine would like to go with us. Don’t be afraid, darling, she’s one of the good guys. She just doesn’t understand that not everything is as it looks.” Confused, but not willing to upset the child any more, she followed Dru and the little girl to her house, confident that if Dru attacked she could save the girl.

When they got to the little girl’s house they were greeted by grateful parents. Buffy watched amazed as Drusilla chatted with the little girls parents.

“Thank you so much.” The mother of the little girl was saying once again. “I don’t know what we would have done if anything happened to our Katie.

Drusilla turned to Buffy. “Miss Edith tells me that the morning star has been born and will light the way for me to be with my daddy. My prince and I must join the good fight for that to happen. Can we have tea and cakes with you, Sunshine, and your morning star?”

“Uhhh…okay, but I think we sho….” Buffy was cut off mid-sentence as she was walking towards Dru.

“Slayer, wait, we don’t kill.” Spike came running up to them. “Dru,” he whispered, “you were supposed to stay with me until we talked to the slayer.”

“But, Spike, there was a little poppet in need of help. And look, I found your Sunshine. Now we can go about getting my daddy back.” Buffy looked at Dru and Spike like they had gone crazy.

“You honestly think that I am going to unleash Angelus back into the world just because you help me? You have got to be insane.” Dru just smirked at her.

“But, Sunshine, I am. That’s how daddy made me, but I can be more. Don’t you want to help us be the good guys so I can be with my daddy in a way he can accept?” Spike looked disgusted.

“Yeah, Slayer. We want to fight the good fight.” he sneered as he said this. “For puppies and kittens and, oh bloody hell, she’s turned me into a white hat might as well fight with them too.” And oddly enough, he sounded so disgusted that Buffy had to believe him.

“You can come to the Scooby meeting tomorrow. If I find out that you’re lying and have fed in my town I will…”

“I know, you’ll stake us good and proper. Now, is it okay that we go on our way?”

“I guess I’ll see you tomorrow night.” With that, they went their separate ways; Buffy walking home and Spike running after a giggling Dru who was twirling in the streetlights.

“Hey, Mom, Giles, guess who I ran into on to patrol.” They looked up from the couch.

“You’re back early, honey, is everything okay?” Joyce got up from the couch and started to look Buffy over for any injuries.

“No, Mom, I’m fine; just a weird night. I saw and spoke to Dru and Spike while out.”

“Spike! Good lord, are you sure?” Giles looked alarmed now, too.

“Is that the young man you claimed to be in a band with?”

“Yes, Mom it is, and get this...” Buffy was interrupted by a wailing from upstairs. “Hold that thought.“ Buffy went up the stairs to her daughter… “Is my little girl hungry?” She walked back down the stairs and Joyce handed the bottle to her when she came back down.

“Thanks, Mom,” Buffy said, taking the bottle to start feeding Sitara. “So, like I was saying, Spike and Dru claim they’re on the side of good. I even found Dru comforting a little girl who had just been attacked by other vampires. Could they have gotten souls somehow?” Buffy put the empty bottle on the end table and moved Sitara back up on her shoulder.

“Well I doubt it, according to Angel he spent years dealing with the guilt of his actions. From what you say, they were acting semi-normal. If I remember correctly, Dru is a seer, could she have seen a future where she and Spike die without your help?”

“She did say something about being with Angel even though he has a soul. I think she wants me to talk to him for her. Maybe she thinks that if I say they’re good he’ll accept her. Spike said they weren’t feeding,” she smiled remembering how disgusted he looked, “and believe me, he was telling the truth.” Buffy burped Sitara and waited for Giles to say something next.

“Well, if they are coming by the house, do they get an invitation?” Joyce wanted her daughter to know that she would support any decision she made.

“To tell you the truth, I never revoked Spike’s invite, so I guess he can come in, but I‘d like to hold off on Dru. They’re going to be at the Scooby meeting tomorrow to meet everyone. I’ll decide if she can come in after the gang and I talk to them. Please, Giles, I need your support.” She looked at her surrogate father and waited for his response.

“I will not support this until I know that they mean you no harm. However, I will not stand in your way, but I need to put your mother‘s, daughter‘s, and your safety first.” Joyce came up and held his hand knowing how hard it was for him to trust a vampire after what happened with Jenny.

“Thank you, Giles. That means a lot to me. I’ll go call Willow and Xander to let them know.”