Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you to Kristi again for being a wonderfull beta for me. Also thanks to Shadow, Sotia, cordykitten, and Spikes_slayer08 for their reviews. They mean alot to me. Once again I hope you enjoy.
Chapter two..


“Okay, Xander, here’s the thing; I’ve found a spell that will convince Buffy that Spike is just an inconvenience and should only be talked to with regards to patrolling. That way she won’t be involved with another vampire.”

They were sitting in Xander’s room in the basement of his parents house. Willow was convinced that as long as she could talk Xander into it that it would be easier to get Anya to agree to do the spell. ‘I wish I could talk to Tara about this but she just doesn’t understand what we need to do.’ She looked at her long time friend hoping that he wouldn’t give her any problems.

“I don’t know, Willow, your spells haven’t really gone right in the past. What makes you think that this one will work?” Xander couldn’t help thinking to himself that it would be nice not to see Spike every time he saw Buffy. He also knew that she was getting closer to another vampire and that didn’t sit well with him.

“That’s why I need your help convincing Anya to help me. She used to be a demon and probably still has some magical abilities. With my spell, your belief in Buffy’s well being, and Anya’s knowledge there should be no problem.” ‘Damn it, Xander,’ she thought, ‘don’t make this hard.’

“Why isn’t Tara helping with this spell? You said she was a witch too,” Xander questioned.

“I don’t want to bring her into this. She doesn’t know all of Buffy’s past, she won’t understand why we have to do this. Please Xander I know with Anya’s help we can do this and save Buffy from another mistake.”

Xander saw the concern in Willow gaze and broke in front of her resolve face. ‘Plus this gets rid of the bleached wonder.’ “Alright, Willow, I’ll talk to Anya, but I can’t guarantee she’ll help. For some reason she seems okay with Spike.”

Willow knew she had to do something and cast a small compulsion spell for Xander’s words to convince Anya to help with the spell. ‘There,’ she thought, ‘that will fix everything.’

^^^^^^^^^

Buffy awoke to the sound of the phone ringing, she reached to the counter between her and Willow’s bed. “Hello,” she mumbled sleepily into the phone.

“Buffy?”

“Mom? Is that you?” Buffy tried to wake up. “Is something wrong?”

“No, dear, I just needed to let you know that tonight I need you to dress up and go to the gallery event with me.”

Now Buffy was confused. “What gallery event mom? You said the next one wasn’t for a few more weeks.”

There was silence on the line while Joyce tried to think up something to tell her daughter.

“Well, honey, there’s a new buyer in town and I would like you to meet them. They believe heavily in family relations and I think they will buy more if you show some sort of interest in my business.” ‘God I hope she believes that.’

Buffy had no idea what to think. “Well, Mom, I don’t know. I’m not really into that kind of thing.”

“Well if it will help, if I can sell enough to them, I could take you on a shopping spree.” Buffy perked up at this.

“Shopping, count me in. I wish Willow could come but she and Tara are hanging out tonight.”

Joyce silently breathed a sigh of relief, how would she explain that the invite was just for Buffy? “Okay, I’ll see you at seven.”

As Buffy hung up the phone her mind was busy, planning what to wear.

^^^^^^^^

Joyce turned to Spike as she hung up the phone. “Well she’ll be there, now to decide what you’re going to do to make this night really special.” Spike smiled at the woman who insisted that he stay on the couch last night so they could make plans for the “get Buffy to notice Spike” ploy.

“I don’t know why you’re helping me, Joyce, but thank you. I will not let you down. I was thinking of having a private dinner and I’ll dress in one of those monkey suits that girls are so into, but I don’t know what to do from there.” Joyce smiled at the vampire that was so obviously in love with her daughter and pulled out two tickets to the ice show from the table that the phone was sitting on.

“Well, Spike, I was going to surprise Buffy with these tickets but I think you’ll get a better use for them.” She saw the awe in his face as she revealed how much her daughter liked skating and saw something in his eyes.

“What are you planning, Spike?” She wasn’t worried only curious.

“Well after dinner and the ice show I think I might take her ice skating. How long has it been since she’s been on the ice?”

“I don’t think she’s skated since we came here to Sunnydale. I hope she likes it. Now lets go to the mall and get you that monkey suit.”

“All right, I’ll meet you there since I have to take the sewers.” They both left, each thinking about the night in store and hoping it went as well as they both hoped it would.

^^^^^^^

“Bloody Hell, Joyce, are they trying to kill me?” He looked at the shopkeeper who was pinning the suit they had chosen. She was obviously new and looked like she was about to burst into tears.

“Spike,” Joyce chided gently, “don’t yell at the poor girl. She’s doing the best she can with you wiggling around like that.” She turned to the shop girl, “Sorry about that, he’s just a little nervous about taking my daughter out.”

Being the proud mother she is she pulled out Buffy’s picture. “Isn’t she lovely?”

The girl looked at the picture of the gorgeous girl. “She’s so pretty.”

“That she is, pet. Sorry that I yelled, it just hurt a little.” He smiled at the girl and she blushed. ‘Wow that girl is lucky.’

“Okay, I have all the measurements. The suit should be ready by five.”

“Thanks, pet. Joyce, ready to go out to lunch?” Joyce nodded and turned to the girl.

“Thanks again for doing this on such short notice. If you ever need anything don’t hesitate to stop by the gallery anytime.