Author's Chapter Notes:
I want to thank ImmortalAngel08 (Megan) for taking the time to Beta this chapter for me, Thanks Hun. Also a huge thanks to Edgehead (Mel) for the awesome banner.

It has been so long since i have updated this fic, sorry it took so long, hope you all enjoy it.
Chapter 11

Live for me

Buffy sat in the hospital waiting room with Willow and Xander sitting by her side speaking words of comfort trying the best to calm her. She was covered in blood and she still hadn’t heard any news on Spike. Oz’s parents had arrived a little while ago and were now talking to the doctor. They were told Oz had to have stiches done but otherwise was going to be fine.

Buffy had called Spike’s father Giles shortly after arriving to the hospital; she was surprised he was able to understand a word she had said through the sobs that wracked through her small frame, thankfully, Willow have taken the phone from her and explained what had happened.

Joyce and Dawn had finally arrive at the hospital after being escorted by the officers, Joyce ran to her eldest daughter, dropping to her knees in front of her, she gasped at the sight of her.

“Oh honey you’re covered in blood, are you okay?” Buffy looked up at her mother tears spiling from her tired blood shot eyes.

“Mommy” she sobbed sounding almost like a child again. Her mother held her only breaking away at the sound of Mr Giles voice.

“Buffy where’s William?” Buffy stood up looking at Giles.

“He’s in surgery”

“Buffy what happened?” Joyce asked, keeping her arm around her daughter.

“Oz and Spike where shot. Oz is going to be okay, the bullet just grazed him, but Spike” Buffy stopped chocking back the tears that threatened to spill out again trying to calm herself “He was badly injured mom. He was shot in the chest protecting me,” she whispered feeling guilt, fear, and pain flood through her all at once.

“Oh honey,” Joyce whispered touching her face as the doctor approached them.

“Mr Giles?”

“That’s me,” he answered stepping forward to speak to the doctor.

“Your son is out of surgery we were able to remove the bullet successfully. We just took him up to recovery”

“Can we see him?” Buffy asked sounding almost desperate to know that Spike was going to be okay.

“Of course but you need to understand we don’t know if he’s going to wake up. He lost a lot of blood,” the doctor informed them.

“He’s not going to wake up?” Buffy choked, feeling like her heart had just stopped it was like she couldn’t breathe.

“We’re not sure, that’s really up to him now”

“Oh god” she whispered ‘this is all my fault’ she thought to herself.

Several hours later Buffy sat next to Spike. He was so still and looked almost fragile she hated Parker even more for doing this to him. She wished it was her laying there in his place, a part of her knowing that if he hadn’t been a part of her life she would be the one laying there.

Her mother had dragged a reluctant Giles out for a coffee and a chat about the night events and thankfully leaving her to have some time alone with him. She held his hand desperately hoping he would return to her.

“What you did today,” Buffy took a deep breath before continuing; “No one has ever done anything like that for me before. You saved my life, you took a bullet for me, you promised you would protect me and you did, and now, I wish you hadn't. You’re lying here because of me. We don’t know if you’re going to wake up, but you have to, I need you to wake up, I need you,” she sobbed feeling her heart breaking what would she do without him? With the knowledge that he thought she hated him? The last thing they had done was fight aside from their brief encounter in the dorm hallway.

She knew if he didn’t wake up she would never be able to forgive herself for so much, for being so stupid about Harmony, for starting a fight with him, pulling away cause she was stupidly scared of being hurt, she just prayed he would be okay.

“Who am I going to call if I have a bad day? Who’s going to just hang out with me? There’s so much I want to say to you, to apologise for but I don’t even know where to start. Please come back to me, don’t leave me... please Spike... I love you,” she whispered laying her head on his chest sobbing softly, when she felt a hand brushing across her hair she figured her mother and Giles were back looking up, she lost her breath as she looked into Spike tired blue eyes.

“Hello cutie,” he smiled.

“Oh god Spike I thought you were going to die,” she sobbed as she leaned forward to hug him gently.

“I promised you I would always be here for you, can’t start breaking my promises now,” she pulled back to looked at him with tears streaming down her cheeks.

“God I thought I lost you,” she whispered and then she kissed him, it was more unexpected for her then it was for him but they both welcomed the gentle kiss neither moving to deepen it but simply enjoying it, slowly but reluctantly she pulled back to look at him.

“You’ll never lose me,” he whispered touching her face she leant into his palm closing her eyes. Buffy then whispered, “I’m so sorry about last night, I was so stupid,” she said feeling like a fool, how could she possibly believe this man, a man that had saved her life, took a bullet for her would cheat on her with Harmony? She was a fool; she just hoped he forgave her.

“It’s okay luv, it did look bad but you got to know I was telling the truth, she’s got nothing on you Summers,” he whispered sincerely, so sincerely she wanted to cry again but instead she opened up completely she finally took a chance, she trusted him completely and it was time she told him the truth.

“I love you” she whispered but loud enough for him to hear her words, slowly opening her eyes to see his reaction, dreading the thought of seeing rejection in his eyes but when she locked green eyes you blue ones she only saw one thing shining there: love. He smiled brilliantly at her.

“And I love you,” he whispered back, she sighed with relief as she leant in kissing him passionately thankful that he was her with her and that she would have a second chance with him and this time she knew she wouldn’t mess it up, she trusted him, loved him and he loved her and that was all that mattered.


Chapter End Notes:
So?? Any good?? let me know.