Author's Chapter Notes:
I want to thank ImmortalAngel08 (Megan) for taking the time to Beta this chapter for me, Thanks Hun. Also a huge thanks to Edgehead (Mel) for the awesome banner.

Song: By your side By: Tenth avenue north
Chapter 13

Forever & Always.

7 years later

Buffy looked out at the crowd, this was The Slayers last concert for at least two years. They had just finished their world tour and were taking a couple of years off to spend time with their families.

After the night with Spike on her birthday, it had taken them two years to graduate college; it was then that they signed a five year contract with Francis record, they had been in a world wind ever since.

After their first release people had become huge fans of The Slayers. The girls had found themselves, doing record signings, concerts, recording to records, and even a few of the girls had appeared in television shows like Cordy, Buffy, and Willow.

Buffy took a deep breath, this was it, the very last song they would sing in concert for at least two years. Looking out at the crowd she smiled, she would miss this but she knew it was worth it.

They all had families now, families that need them. Willow and Oz had been married for four years. Oz still played guitar with a few bands but he had found a new interest and now worked at a major high end computer company just outside Sunnydale. Willow had also given birth to a beautiful baby girl just two years ago who they called Tara.

Angel had been offered a job at a law firm in L.A called Wolfram and Hart. Cordy had wanted to live in Sunnydale but Angel had been promoted and she didn’t want to force him to move, so she had decided that L.A was only a short drive to Sunnydale where most of her friends would be living. Cordy and Angel had got married five years ago, shortly after they discovered Cordy was pregnant with a little boy whom they named Connor.

Wesley and Fred had been the first to get married just over five years ago, just days after their college graduation. Now Wesley worked as the Sunnydale high school Liberian and they had two beautiful kids, twins a boy named Charles and a girl name Jasmine who are now four years old.

Xander now owned his own construction business in Sunnydale and was doing quite well for himself. He and Anya had married two years ago and were hoping now that Anya would be home to start trying for a baby.

Riley was now working at Sunnydale high as a P.E teacher and after much persuasion Faith had agreed to marry him. He had proposed three times over the past seven years and every time she had said no, telling Riley she was a free spirit and didn’t want to be tied down but Buffy knew the real reason.

The band was always on the road, even after they had kids. The Slayers still had responsibilities that they couldn’t walk away from. Faith had witnessed the strain that had put of the girls marriages and how hurt their kids were everytime they had to go out of town and Buffy knew Faith loved Riley far too much to put him through that let alone a child.

Once they had decided to take a couple of years off Faith had asked Riley to marry her, he had quickly and eagerly said yes. They were due to walk down the aisle in three short months.

Buffy smiled they had all been through so much together, it was hard to believe it was almost over but she knew one day they would come back together and do this again. Grasping the mike Buffy began to talk.

“As all you guys know The Slayers are taking a break for a couple of years,” Buffy smiled when she heard the crowd boo.

“I know, I know, we’re going to miss you guys too, but we will be spending time with our families, so this is the end of our world tour. We are leaving you with the promise to return and this song that has never been heard worldwide. It’s the number one song on our next album due to hit stores in a little over a month, it’s called By Your Side, we hope you guys love it and we thank you for your awesome support over the years. We love you!” everyone cheered and wolf whistled and the band started to play.

Why are you striving these days
Why are you trying to earn grace
Why are you crying
Let me lift up your face
Just don't turn away


Buffy sang like she never had before, turning to look at her husband who stood at the side of the stage behind the curtain smiling brightly at her. Spike her mind whispered, she loved him so much, he had done so much for her, picked her up when she fell down, held her when she hurt, saved her life by taking a bullet.

Why are you looking for love
Why are you still searching as if I'm not enough
To where will you go child
Tell me where will you run
To where will you run


She didn’t know it was possible to love someone so much, he had been so supportive for what she wanted, being there for every signing, every recording, every concert. He had put his wants, dreams and hopes on hold so she could have hers but she knew now it was his turn even though he insisted he was very happy with his life, she wanted more for him.

And I'll be by your side
Wherever you fall
In the dead of night
Whenever you call
And please don't fight
These hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you


She knew Spike had continued to write but held off on attempting to get his poetry published. She knew that he had ideas for a novel also, but he never had the time; not when he was always with her and defiantly not once their daughter had been born three years ago.

Look at these hands and my side
They swallowed the grave on that night
When I drank the world's sin
So I could carry you in
And give you life
I want to give you life


They named Dawn Jenny Giles after Buffy’s sister and Spike’s mother. It was time for Buffy to be a mother and she wanted that more than anything; she had already missed out on so much of Dawn’s life, her first, word, her first steps… even though Dawn was always with them Buffy was always so busy. Dawn would try to show her things but Buffy never had the time to stop and really look.

And I'll be by your side
Wherever you fall
In the dead of night
Whenever you call
And please don't fight
These hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you


Buffy knew that Dawn also needed some stability in her life. The road was no place for a kid to be raised. They still owned a home in Sunnydale but Buffy couldn’t even remember the last time they had been there.

And I'll be by your side
Wherever you fall
In the dead of night
Whenever you call
And please don't fight
These hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you


Buffy had enrolled Dawn into day care two days a week so she could finally spend time with other kids. Willow and Fred had enrolled Charles, Jasmine, and Tara into the same school too.

Cause I, I love you
I want you to know
That I, I love you
I'll never let you go


Buffy was looking forward to her new life and while they did intend to start recording again in two years they were not going to get as in deep as they had been Buffy wanted to buy a studio in town so they would do all their recording in Sunnydale to be close to their families.

And I'll be by your side
Wherever you fall
In the dead of night
Whenever you call
And please don't fight
These hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you


And I'll be by your side
Wherever you fall
In the dead of night
Whenever you call
And please don't fight
These hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you


Singing the last lyrics the band bowed moving off stage; Buffy wrapped her arms around Spike tightly as he kissed her check, neck and finally lips.

“You were amazing luv like always.” Buffy smiled before bending down to pick up Dawn. She wore a soft pick dress, her golden locks hung loosely around her face bouncing around her shoulders when Buffy picked her up. She had Spike’s piercing blue eyes, Buffy’s red lips, and the sweetest smile.

“You looked so beautiful mommy,” she whispered in her ear before placing a soft kiss on her mom’s cheek.

“Thank you sweetie, you look beautiful too in your new dress.” Dawn smiled brightly playing with her dress, Buffy looked up to face Spike and she noticed the uncertainty in his eyes.

“What’s wrong?” she asked concerned.

“Well it’s just, it’s all over, luv.”

“Yeah and?” she smiled a little confused.

“Any regrets?” he asked a little afraid of her answer, Buffy knew he was worried she regretted not continuing on with work instead of taking time off. Looking at her beautiful daughter in her arms and back up at the man she adored she smiled confidently.
“Not one,” she smiled, he smiled leaning in to kiss her ignoring the ews coming from their three-year-old I Buffy’s arms.

“I love you,” she whispered as he pulled away from her.

“I love you too Buffy, forever and always remember,” he replied touching the gold locket he had given her for her birthday seven years ago.

“I remember,” she smiled back pulling him to her, kissing him lovingly. She couldn’t be happier with how her life was going since she had first met Spike and everything had been happening with Parker; it was like her life was swimming in darkness but now she had found…

The light beyond the darkness.

The End.


Chapter End Notes:
So this is the end of Light beyond the darkness, i was when i first started this fic going to take it in a completely different direction but i felt after chapter 12 that this was a good place to end it.

I hope you have enjoyed reading this fic and much as i have enjoyed writing it and thank you to everyone that supported this fic and took the time to read and review.