Author's Chapter Notes:
looking for a beta...not exactly good at editing.;
Buffy sat in her room still holding her stuffed animal ‘What is Spike hiding from me? What exactly does his past with that Brunette entail? I don’t even know her name.’ Boy did her mother know how to pick the perfect time to interrupt them. It wasn’t her fault she was just being her mom.

Just as Buffy thought of her mom “Honey are you all right?” Joyce asked. “I saw Spike leave and you didn’t come down with him. Do you want to talk?”

Buffy Sighed, as much as her mom drove her crazy she knew she loved her very much. “No, mom I am fine just tired. I will see you in the morning. Goodnight”

“Ok Sweetie Sweet dreams.” She said in that loving tone only a Mother has.

‘How can I sleep right now I am to upset. Does Spike even know how worried he has me right now?’ Buffy thought starting to cry. She lay down on the bed and began sobbing more intensely. “I love him… I love him…I love him” She whispered between her tears.
Buffy cried herself to sleep thinking of Spike. She didn’t know what to think about his vagueness about his past. All she knew was that she didn’t want to loose him and she would try to be as understanding as possible. Spike deserved at least that.

*****************

Spike was sitting on his porch smoking and thinking of Buffy. What was he going to do to make her understand with out scaring her away? He had to tell her the truth and had to pray that she would stand by him in the end.

‘I wish I could see her now, I know I have to wait another 2 hours until her mom goes to bed’ he thought blowing out a puff of smoke. ‘What is she doing right now?’

Spike sat on his porch chain smoking cigarette after cigarette glancing at his cell phone checking the time every five minutes. He couldn’t wait another two hours to see her he needed to be with her now. He needed her to tell him that everything was going to be all right and that she still loved him no matter what happened in his past.

Spike stood up abruptly digging his hand into his pocket looking for his keys. He jogged to his car and jumped and sped off leaving tread marks on the road. He was on his way to Buffy’s house. He would sit outside her house and wait for her mom’s bedroom light to go off.

Once he got to Buffy’s house he noticed a little blue car parked out front that he had never seen in her neighborhood before, thinking nothing of it he ran up the walk way to her house and snuck over to the giant tree by Buffy’s window. He climbed the tree scratching his arm as he climbed higher, and sat on a branch looking into her room.

He sat there quiet as a mouse just watching her sleep ‘god how I love that woman’ he thought leaning closer almost loosing his grasp on the tree. He jumped down to the roof and knocked on her window quietly trying not to startle her.


***********
“God that was close, he almost saw me.” Faith said shakily as she drove back to her place. ‘What was he doing sneaking around his girlfriend’s house?’
Faith walked into her apartment throwing her keys on the table at the door infuriated that Spike had shown up and ruined her stakeout. She needed to get more information on this Buffy Summers. ‘Who was she? Who were her friends? Where did she hang out? And most importantly what is her weakness?’

Faith had not planned on having to speed off so quickly and now she was angry that she didn’t have any information on Spike’s new girlfriend. Faith had to get more information and quickly her powers would be at their strongest in one week and she had to be ready to strike at that moment, or she could loose her chance of getting Spike back.

Faith pulled open the doors to her closet, where any normal girl would have had rows and rows of shoes and clothes packed on hangers, not this girl she had an alter for worshiping her demons and opening portals to black magic.

Faith pulled out a large dagger and ran it across her palm. Dripping the crimson liquid in to a large basin she began speaking in Latin calling forth her powers and her demon lord. “Lord, I live to serve you and in my obedience you reward me with one wish. I wish to have the power to bring Spike back to me.” She chanted to a large statue.

Nothing happened immediately, then with no warning Faith was sucked into an alternate dimension. She knelt before her Demon Lord Hrothgar. He was a large blue demon with black eyes; he had two little horns sticking out from his temples and a Black snake tongue.

“Hrothgar, I call on you to give me your power. Use me as you see fit, all I ask is for one wish.” Faith pleaded before him on her knees.

“I shall use you my little pet and you shall do my bidding. I have no use for you as of yet but know I will be in contact.” His tongue slithering as he spoke. Then he sent her back to her dimension.

Faith stumbled up off the floor dizzy from the dimension to dimension travel. She walked into the bathroom and pulled out a first aid kit and bandaged her palm. “Now there is no going back. Spike will be mine again no matter the consequences.” She told herself looking in the mirror.

********************
Spike tapped on the window a little bit harder trying to wake Buffy, but she didn’t stir. He tried pushing the window open but it was locked. He pulled his cell phone out of his pocket and called Buffy’s cell, but it was still on vibrate from school earlier today. He knocked one last time trying not to wake anyone else in the house.

‘She must be really exhausted from school today’ he hoped, wishing that he could just kiss her goodnight and pretend that everything was normal again. He knew he wasn’t going to be able to wake her up tonight. He sat there for a few minutes just looking at her, and then he jumped into the tree and climbed down.

Once back in his car he lit up another cigarette “Buffy hates it when I smoke, if only that was the least of our problems” he laughed to himself finding little comfort in the nicotine it offered. He headed straight home and went to his room and sat on his bed.

While sitting on his bed he remembered the blue car parked outside Buffy’s house. ‘Who could that have been?’ he tried to picture the driver and all he remembered was a brunette. He hadn’t been paying much attention to anything but his and Buffy’s situation.
“Faith” He whispered ‘no it couldn’t be she wouldn’t be stupid enough to go to Buffy’s house. Would she?’ he thought not actually knowing if it was or wasn’t her. The fact was he didn’t know her anymore and she had definitely changed since the last time he saw her. She was reckless when he was with her before and there was no telling how reckless she could be now.