A/Ns: I decided to dedicate this Chapter to Kari Mouke, because, God Bless her, she reviews me everywhere I post.

**

Chapter 12

Two months in Hell

Buffy awoke, as usual wrapped around Spike, only now, they were naked and happy. They had settled into a routine of sorts, they spent most of the day training; they ate together and spent the evening hours making love. Occasionally they would go out with Dave and Lou for an evening in the bar but since Dave and Lou had decided to take things slowly, they liked to be on there own. Lou was so happy in fact that Buffy had wondered if Dave had been slipping her lithium.

Buffy didn’t mind, she had never felt as carefree as she did now. Occasionally an antsy-ness crept up on her but she normally dispelled it by attacking Spike, both physically and carnally.

Buffy lay in bed staring at the vampire next to her, his hair had grown slightly showing his roots and making the small start of curls appear.

A loud banging on the door had startled her and woke Spike.

“Buffy, Spike? You up?” Lou’s urgent voice echoed through the door.

Buffy slipped on a t-shirt as Spike slipped into his jeans. She rushed to the door and opened it, Lou spilled into the room panting.

Spike took in the bed hair and the slightly glazed look.

“Someone got shagged last night.” Spike said in a sing-song voice.

“Spike! Lou doesn’t want to hear about our sex life.” Buffy hissed at him.

“I was talking about Lou.” Spike answered shaking his head mockingly.

“Oh.” Buffy blushed. “Ohhhh, you had sex! Was it good?” Buffy squealed.

Lou blushed this time.

“I’ll talk to you later; we have an emergency that we need your help with. One of the demons has escaped and is currently roaming the fifth floor, we’ve sent a few of our own people up but we just can’t seem to contain him. I know you don’t really work here but I was wondering if….” Buffy cut her off.

“Are you kidding? Anyone up for mindless violence?” She fixed Spike with a smile.

“Give me thirty seconds.” Spike made a dash for the closet as Buffy made a dash for her clothes.

Lou stared in disbelief; the two looked like kids on Christmas day.

Thirty seconds later they both appeared in the doorway.

“Lead the way.” Buffy beamed.

As Lou led them to the elevator she briefed them quickly. They couldn’t kill the demon because of the laws of Hell, but they could knock him out or render helpless. The demon was a big brute, but the two of them should be able to take him. She had stopped for a few essentials on the way.

She handed them a length of rope and a taser. Buffy looked at the taser before tossing it to Spike, she kept hold of the rope, she felt a bit lost without a stake but she’d managed without before.

“Well, good luck, give me a shout when you’re done.” Lou waved them cheerfully into the elevator.

As the doors swished closed Buffy beamed at Spike excitedly, Spike grinned back. Finally they reached the fifth floor and before the doors opened they heard a howl.

“Sounds like a big bugger.” Spike commented happily.

“Bigger they are, the harder they fall.” Buffy wanted to rub her hands with glee but the thought of all the creepy bad guys in movies doing it stopped her.

The doors swished open and they took a tentative step into the corridor. Another howl echoed through the hall and they both took off in that direction.

As they rounded the corner they encountered the demon, it reminded Buffy of the Hulk, only purple. It heard them and turned to howl again, this time, at them. Spike wasted no time and threw himself at the huge demon, he landed a flying kick to the demons chest, but it had no effect, in face the only effect it had was to make Spike think he had just kicked a brick wall. Well not quite, because a brick wall would have given way.

Buffy snickered at the sight of Spike collapsing to the floor.

“Way to go Honey!” she called.

“Piss off.” Spike answered from his position on the floor.

He scrambled out of the way as the demon tried to stamp on him. He jogged back over to Buffy. The demon continued to wander down the corridor. Thank god it wasn’t that bright, thought Buffy.

“Any ideas?” Spike asked nonchalantly and Buffy giggled.

“But your plan was working so well.” She grinned at the glaring vampire.

So, pray tell, what’s your plan?” Spike sniped.

Buffy held up the length of rope.

“Wanna play cowboy?” Buffy grinned again.

**

They had herded the demon into an open space and let him take off at a shambling trot. Buffy looked at the shiny floors and sent a quick thanks to the poor cleaner who had polished them to within an inch of their lives.

When the demon was at a suitable distance Buffy tossed Spike one end of the rope. Holding it between them, they set off at a sprint. A couple of feet away from the demon they dropped to the floor just as the demon turned to swing his huge fists around. Buffy and Spike hit the floor and slid either side of the demon with the rope taut between them. As expected it caught at the demons feet and they began to circle around the back of him. When they met Buffy rolled over Spikes body and the continued to glide in a circle.

Quickly they both scrambled away from the demon before he could land a hand on either one of them. When they were at a safe distance, Spike looked at Buffy and nodded, they grabbed their ends of the rope and pulled. The demon toppled backwards. Buffy and Spike smiled at each other and began to haul him along by the rope trapped around his ankles.

“Hi ho, hi ho, it’s off to work we go.” Buffy sang loudly, Spike just chuckled.

**

Lou waited anxiously at the elevator; she had heard really loud bangs. Another loud bag crashed from the stairwell on the other side of the elevator. A voice echoed through also. Lou spun to the noise only to find Spike dragging the demon out of the stairwell, with Buffy astride the demons back waving an imaginary lasso singing Yee ha.

Lou took in the scene before slapping a palm to her forehead.

**

So we decided to take him down the stairs, we couldn’t exactly get in the elevator with a pissed of demon. Luckily all the steps knocked him out, poor bugger, hence Buffy’s impromptu version of Bonanza.”

Spike explained to Lou, they were now sitting in her office.

“You weren’t calling him a poor bugger when you were lying at his feet, and what is a bugger anyway.” Buffy asked

“Trust me luv, you don’t want to know.” Spike gave her his best smirk and Buffy decided to trust him on this one.

Lou’s phone rang and she waved a hand at them to be quiet. There was a lot of yes’s and okay’s before she put the phone down and looked at the blond duo in front of her.

“Err guys? My dad wants to see you.” Lou looked a bit pale and Buffy thought that this couldn’t be good.