Author's Chapter Notes:
My first attempt at Spuffy... The story has already been written, I am just taking my time getting it out there...
He was strolling through the graveyard, smoking. Per usual on weeknights he was making his rounds. There was no real rhyme or reason to it, but he was trying to get his mind off of her. One minute he wanted to kill her, the next to shag her. He sighed. The woman was hot and cold anyway. He knew she wanted him but there was no way that he was willing to hide their relationship.

***********************************************************
Three nights ago Buffy had showed up at his crypt step to talk about random things. He entertained her because it gave him reason to be around her. This was happening a lot more than she would ever admit. When she went to leave that night they lingered in the door way for a while. He had kept her smiling all night, and had to admit she had been quite creative in the conversation they were having.

“I really should go. Dawn might still be up”

Spike stood in front of the door, hand on the knob. “Yeah, I understand. So are we patrolling tomorrow night?”

“That might be good. Why? Did you have other plans?” Buffy said with a smile. She knew he didn’t.
He just shrugged.

“Just thought maybe you would want a change of scenery pet.”

“I’m not your pet and what do you mean?”

“Heard something the other night, at the poker game, about the high school. Might be something new lurking about, thought you might want to check it out. But, if you’re content with playing sitting duck its fine by me.”

“Well why don’t you ask around and be sure, then if anything turns up we’ll go.”

“Right Slayer”

They stood there for a second in a type of awkward silence. Buffy reached past him to grab her coat on the counter. He closed his eyes and shuddered slightly, praying she wouldn’t pick up on his rather uncomfortable circumstance. He opened his eyes again and she was inches from him. Her eyes looked as big as saucers. He stepped back.

“I should probably…”

“You should…”

“Go” they said simultaneously.

It sent shivers down his back. They stepped forward at the same time, bumping into each other when they reached for the door. Her back was too the door and he was standing in front of her.

“Sorry” he mumbled.

“I’m not” she said simply.

In an instant her lips were pressed against his. His body tensed at first, then relaxed when she slid her arms over his neck. They broke for a second to catch their breath.

Her lungs were burning, her whole body felt on fire. What he could do to her with just a kiss… but she wanted more.

“Buffy… what is going on?”

“Does it really matter?” she smiled and wrapped her arms around him again.

The look on his face made her want to take back what she had just said. He had been waiting for her for years. His gaze grew distant. Of course it mattered to him.

“You need to go, Slayer.” Spike opened the door.

Buffy had run out on him a hundred times before, but this time after he closed the door, things had changed.

***********************************************************

He flicked his cigarette. There was a fledgling trying to sneak its way up behind him, but he heard it coming from two miles away. Spike had already vamped out, in anticipation of shocking the little creep. Just when he was getting ready to turn around and toy with it, Buffy jumped out from behind a tree and staked the thing.

“Um, were you going to get that?” She asked, skeptical.

Spike pouted and rolled his eyes. “I am the one that’s supposed to suck the life out of things Slayer. I was doing just fine till you spoiled my fun.”

“Your fun? You were going to torture it, weren’t you?”

“Have to have some sort of punching bag for my frustration.”

“I guess that’s true. Okay, I owe you a fledgling.”

“Well, we could give it a toss. What do you say?”

“What do you mean?” Buffys voice got higher pitched at that comment.

“Sparring, Slayer. That thing we used to do? You know you hit me, I hit you back without trying to kill each other?”

“Oh, yeah. We could do that”

It had been a solid two months since they had fought each other. Between saving the world and being dead Buffy didn’t really have the time. Spike planted his feet, ready for the kick in the head or in the gut. He needed a fight, a real blood pumping violent fight. He needed to get some aggression out. And who better to do that with than the object of his frustration.

“We going to dance or what?” He cocked an eyebrow at her.

Something in her eyes sparked. There was nothing comparable to fighting Spike, nothing close. He had been around her too long. He knew what she did, how she moved. Fighting him was different. In the back of her mind she knew if he really wanted to he could kill her. That knowledge terrified and turned her on at the same time. The other upside to fighting Spike was having his body pressed against hers and feeling his muscles move. He was incredible.

She immediately went for a jump kick, which he easily dodged. He was behind her in seconds grabbing at her left wrist. She whipped around, arm above her head, but he held on. She punched him in the gut with her right fist. He moaned a little, but it sounded more like a sigh. He didn’t let go.

Then something Dawn had told her about him click. His eyes widened and he released her immediately. His voice filled the grave yard loudly. Buffy had started tickling him.

This was too good. His sides were so sensitive, something she had never really considered before. Their usual confrontations consisted of trying to break each other. He fell to the ground and curled up into the fetal position while Buffy continued her attack. His leather duster was in the way now, but that didn’t stop her from trying to get him to surrender. She had managed to get him on his back and pin his arms to his sides.

Spike had vamped out. He had realized that Buffy had the advantage when she started. That and he was secretly pissed off because he had actually been looking for a fight, not a flirting session. She straddled him there, slightly confused at his change. He laid still for a moment, watching her, trying to anticipate her next move. Suddenly she stood up.

“Sorry Spike, that wasn’t really fair.” She said reaching her hand out for him to take.

“Last bloody time I let the little bit know something about me, that’s for damn sure.” He stared at her hand as he got up.

They stood there for a moment in silence.

“Do you want to give it another try? I promise no dirty moves.” She asked him with a smile.

He chuckled, “Oh there will be dirty moves alright.”


Chapter End Notes:
more to come...