Author's Chapter Notes:
My first attempt at Spuffy... The story has already been written, I am just taking my time getting it out there...Thanks for all the reviews
“I was so worried about you last night. Where were you?” Willow asked.

“I was out, okay. I needed to think and there were demons that needed slaying.”

“You didn’t call, and you didn’t come home. I was scared that you… something happened.”

“Nothing happened Wills! I was safe! I am the slayer and you are not my mother!”

Willow frowned. “Buff. I am not trying to be your mom, I just worry about you”

“You know what, I understand that Will. I really do, but you of all people have no right to worry about me anymore.”

“Buffy!”

She had left the room. There was no way she was going to do this anymore. Not when she knew what she could have, what she could be. She grabbed her coat and headed for the Magic box. Maybe it was sad that she would rather listen to Anya talk about money or sex than be in the same room with her best friend. What she wouldn’t give to be back in Spikes crypt.

Her phone vibrated in her pocket. It had to be Willow. She turned it off and rounded the corner to the store. She could see through the window that Giles and Xander were inside with Anya. This could go either way.

“Hey guys! What you up to?” she greeted them as she walked through the door.

“I was just telling the boys that if they would move some things around in here we could make more money. It all has to do with display and product placement.” Anya piped up

“And we were just trying to convince my girlfriend that the shop is doing fine as is. People get confused when you move things. Remember the time she tried to alphabetize stuff?” Xander added in.

“Buffy, how are you?” Giles asked, annoyed at the others.

“Good Giles. How are you?”

“Alright. Would you like to talk in the other room?”

“Sure. I was actually thinking about training. You up for it?”

“Anything” He puffed as they walked away from the quarreling couple.

Buffy did a cartwheel as soon as her feet hit the mat. There was something about being in this room that gave her a sense of freedom. She didn’t have to be anyone but herself. She didn’t have to pretend when she was fighting.

“Buffy, out of curiosity, how have you been feeling since you came back? I mean physically. Do you feel stronger or, maybe tired?” Giles asked her.

“When I first came back I was tired all the time. Now I feel strong again. Maybe even stronger than before. Spike was saying the other night he thinks I am packing a lot harder than I used to.”

“Really? Hmmm. Buffy are you sparring with Spike? I didn’t think you wanted to because he couldn’t defend himself.”

“Oh Giles, please don’t make a big deal out of it. He has been able to defend himself, to hit me, since I came back. He hasn’t hurt me, it’s just sparring. He wouldn’t hurt me, he cares too much.”

Giles was silent for a moment, lost in thought. He cleaned his glasses. “Very well then. If you believe that I am okay with it. Let’s start on the basics.”

Buffy stretched out her muscles. In no time she was back into the momentum of training. Giles was throwing nearly everything he had at her, and she was dodging and blocking with precision. She had been right, she was vastly improved since the last time they had trained. The only thing missing was that sparkle that was usually in her eye.

They continued for about an hour. Truth be told, Giles was exhausted by the time he stopped her. She had barely even broken a sweat. He dismissed himself as she turned toward the punching bag.

“So Giles, how’d it go in there? She beat the pulp out
of you?” Xander quipped unknowingly.

“Something like that. Have either of you discovered anything new about what is going on at the high school?”

“Actually there is another demon trying to open the hell mouth. What’s new?” Anya answered.

“Well I was just inquiring is all. It seems Buffy is more than ready for a challenge. She should go investigate. Tomorrow night. Find out what you can before then, we will all meet here at nightfall. I think it’s time for everyone to go home, get a good night’s sleep.”

Anya and Xander didn’t protest. Anya closed down the shop and said something about having more orgasm time before she left. Buffy came out of the training room a few minutes after they left.

“Everybody left huh? That’s cool. So what’s up now?”

“Tomorrow everyone is going to meet here at nightfall. We’re going to check out the school. There is
something trying to open the hell mouth and we need to find out what it is.”

“Okay, so I guess that means home then.”

“Yes, and I highly suggest you get some rest. We don’t know what we are facing tomorrow.”

“Good night, Giles”

“Goodnight Buffy”

With that Buffy was out the door. But she wasn’t at all tired. Not remotely. Being that she was in Sunnydale, there weren’t any shops open at eleven o’clock at night. The Bronze had lost a lot of its appeal, too many high schoolers there now. She decided that maybe she could be the Slayer for a moment and stop by the cemetery. And it couldn’t hurt to check on her favorite peroxide blonde.

She jumped the fence into the cemetery with ease. The gate was only six feet away, but it was more fun to pretend it wasn’t. Her training session left something to desire, something she could only get from Spike. She worried for a moment that maybe she should just go home. He did say they needed time to think. Buffy didn’t want to think about things anymore. Although she considered that maybe it was him that needed time. She wanted to just move on with her life. There was no use in analyzing the past over and over again.

“Slayer”

That was not the voice she was hoping to hear.


Chapter End Notes:
More to come, I promise