Author's Chapter Notes:
My first attempt at Spuffy... The story has already been written, I am just taking my time getting it out there...Thank you for the continued support
***********************************************************
Spike was flying high. Although he was trying to hide it behind his bad ass persona, he was happy. For the first time in a long time he was sure of what he wanted, and it didn’t involve any sort of evil planning or manipulating. Buffy was slowly but surely getting back to herself, and being open about her feelings for him. He had waited so long for her to even admit there was a chance they should be together. She was still detached a lot, but she told him he made her feel grounded.

He pulled out another cigarette and lit it. He had been leaning up against the biggest tree on Revello Drive for some time now. There was a pile of disgarded cigs at his feet. He wondered if she could sense him outside, or if she had gone to sleep already. Spike decided to find out for himself.

At this time of night, Dawn should be asleep. And there was no sign of Red anywhere. He opened the front door to the house, which he thought meant she was still awake. Buffy could never sleep with her door unlocked. He climbed the stairs and could see from there that her bedroom door was open. There was a light on and Spike could see a shadow moving in the room. He opened the door the rest of the way only to reveal that it was in fact not Buffy in the room.

**********************************************************

The tombstone shattered as if it were made of glass. Buffy quickly got up to defend herself from another strike, but they were too fast, too many. As much as she hated to admit it, she needed to run. *Spike* she thought to herself *where the hell are you when I need you*

She booked it over to the crypt, praying that he could already sense her panic and that he had weapons in hand. The two vampires behind her were in hot pursuit. She hoped they wouldn’t throw Spike for a loop when she got there. She burst open the door only to find the top half of the crypt empty. As she jumped down the hole in the floor she pulled the hatch shut. Her attackers couldn’t know about this place, there was no way. Spike had told her once that he couldn’t smell her when the hatch was shut, he had better not been lying.

She gathered the weapons in sight and waited.

************************************************************

“Bloody Hell, what are you doing here?” Spike rolled his eyes. How could he not have sensed this?

“Well Spike I had come for Buffy. I didn’t realize the two of you had made nice. It’s a pity really. I thought I had told you to stay away from her.”

“When was the last time I listened to a word you said?”

“Not for about a hundred years now. Maybe that’s why you ended up so pathetic.”

“This coming from the bloke who has a soul and leads an evil law firm. Now I am terrified.”

“Where is Buffy?”

“Do you think if I knew that I would be here?”

“You smell like you have been around her recently.”

“Yeah and? She is allowed to be around whoever she wants, and it just so happens to be me.”

“Ha! William look what you have been reduced to. You follow the slayer around as if you are her pet. What a sorry excuse for the last of the blood line. I should put you out of your misery.”

“Angelus?”

***********************************************************

She could hear footsteps above her. The high pitch of Drusilla’s whining was unmistakable. How Spike stayed with that crazy bitch baffled her. The other vampire she had never seen before. It was a blonde woman, who had the same ancient feel about her as Dru, Spike, and Angel. She could only assume that this was Darla.

The vampires walked around the top floor, and Buffy stayed quiet and still. While she knew she could take one of the vampires by herself, she was unsure about what would happen if she faced both. These were not just some fledgling vamps she was up against.

The walking stopped and Buffy heard the door close. She decided to play it safe and wait till she was sure they were gone. It occurred to her then that Spike could be in danger. She tried to stay calm, but the thought made her heart beat faster. Where was he?

************************************************************

“If you hurt Buffy or Dawn, so help me I will kill you now.” Spike said while he tried to pick up on the girls heartbeats. He could hear one beating regularly down the hall.

“I haven’t gotten my hands on the slayer yet, and I have no interest in the girl. Tell me Spike, when did you become so possessive of humans?”

“About the same time you left. What do you want?”

Angelus narrowed his eyes. “I came for two things. I wanted you to know I am back, and so are the girls. They insisted on finding you, seeing if there was a vampire left to salvage. It can be like old times William, I would let you kill the slayer. She was the other one I came for. Thought I might have some fun with her before killing her.”

“Is that it? That’s what you came for? I don’t believe that for one sodden second. If you leave now, I won’t tell her you came for a day. You can get a start before she hunts and kills you.” Spike had no such intentions, but he needed to find her fast.

Angelus grinned. “Oh but the girls will be so disappointed if they don’t get to have you back, Dru wants to play with her dolly.”

“What do you mean by girls?”

“They brought Darla back Spike, she is as good as new. Think of the terror we could wreak.”

“Get out! Now!” Spike vamped out.

Angelus only starred him up and down. “Very well. I will give you some time to consider it. Don’t be long.”

With a fang filled smile, Angelus disappeared.


Chapter End Notes:
More to come...