Author's Chapter Notes:
My first attempt at Spuffy... The story has already been written, I am just taking my time getting it out there...
It took her a second to register what he had said, Spike used that second to his advantage to get his hands on her. Her face lit up, and a smile stretched from ear to ear as his assault began.

He was all over her in seconds, whispering fingers over her sensitive areas. She split. A huge laugh broke about between them as he chased her around the grave yard, trying to catch her and return the favor. All the sudden it had turned into a game of hide and seek.

She was gone. Spike stopped, trying to sense her. Her heart was beating wildly but he couldn’t tell exactly where from. He walked to his crypt and the sound became louder. She was right behind his door. He smiled.

“Oh where oh where has my Slayer gone, oh where oh where can she be…?” He sing-songed out then threw open the door.

He looked immediately behind the door, but she wasn’t there. He took a few steps, trying to smell her out. The scent of her arousal was unmistakable. She jumped out from behind him and he whirled around to catch her.

“Slayer” he whispered, his eyes narrowing.

“Vampire.” She said with a smirk.

That was it, he had her now. His hands traveled up her shirt to tickle her relentlessly. She squirmed and shrieked and tried to wiggle away from him. He grabbed her around the middle to stop her from going anywhere and continued to torture her. He knew, from watching her for so long, exactly where she was most sensitive. Then, all the sudden, he let go.

“Buffy, luv, what is that?”

“What?” she said giggling. She thought he was trying to distract her so he could continue his physical attack.

“Well.. that love.” He pointed to her back.

Buffy’s shirt had ridden up while she was trying to get Spike off her. It had gotten caught in her bra revealing skin that she had been trying to keep covered. Her eyes widened with realization. She had been trying to keep it a secret for a month now. She smiled.

“Oh that. Um, a tattoo.”

His eyes were fixated on her now. “Do you mind if I…”

“You want to see it?”

“Well yeah!”

She was unsure at this point whether Spikes reaction was good or bad.

“Okay.”

Then without warning, Buffy pulled off her shirt. Spike wasn’t expecting that, but once he could see that what he had been staring at was larger than he predicted, he understood. When Buffy had taken off her shirt it revealed a hand sized tattoo over her back left ribs. At first all Spike saw was fire. With closer inspection he realized that Buffy had a Phoenix tattooed on her side.

Buffy knew that the bra obstructed the artwork, so without hesitation, she undid the back clasp so he could get a better look. Spike flinched slightly. He stepped closer to further inspect the bird. It was beautiful, rising out of the ashes and covered in flames. The color detailed in it was truly something impressive. Spike was completely floored.

“What do you think?” She asked quietly.

“You continue to surprise me Buffy. Never pegged you as the type to go get something like this done.”

“Is that good or bad?”

“I like it.”

Buffy smiled. She had been so nervous about anyone finding out about her little adventure. What she never would have said was that she really wanted Spike to be the one to find it. He had been there through everything after she came back from heaven. She really wanted to surprise him.

“It’s you, isn’t it?” he asked as his hand ran down her side.

“Yeah” She answered in a whisper. Only Spike could have made that connection.

For his part, Spike was shocked. He did like the tattoo, he had just never guesses that Buffy would want one. In his day, tattoos were something for outlaws. After he was turned he thought about getting one, but the whole immortal factor had deterred him. If he didn’t like it, it would be stuck on him forever in the most literal sense.

“I just can’t seem to stay dead.” She stated vaguely.

Spike nodded knowingly. “Did it hurt when you got it?”

She looked him dead in the eyes and said “It felt great.”

Spike clenched his jaw. “You mean it made you feel”

He could see the hurt in her eyes as she quickly redressed.

“I got it because I liked it and I felt like it represented me. Just keep your mouth shut, okay? I don’t need everyone overanalyzing why I did it. I really didn’t expect you to do that either.”

Spike did not anticipate that sort of reaction from her. Buffy started to walk out the crypt, and he could tell she was far from okay. He’d known it for some time. He followed her, and when she opened the door he stopped her.

“Buffy…”

Spike grabbed her and held her. She tried to get away from him, tried to push him away. He would not let her go. She stopped struggling eventually. Spike could feel his shirt getting soaked, then made a decision. He picked her up and walked over to his chair. He sat down and held her. For the longest time, they just stayed there. Buffy sobbed into his shoulder and shook uncontrollably. Spike slid one arm around her and held her tight. The other hand was smoothing her hair, rubbing her back, anything he could think of to try to comfort her. He decided it would be better to not quiet her, she needed this. So he held her and she wept.

When the sobbing slowed Spike looked at her. Her face was red and her eyes were blood shot. He couldn’t help but wonder if she had even cried since coming back. It felt like she hadn’t. He lightly caressed her cheek and waited.

The silence and cool comfort that Spike provided felt so safe to her. She hadn’t been able to sleep without nightmares. The only time she could relax was when she was with him. She was so tired of being so empty. The she stopped thinking so hard and noticed Spike was breathing.

“Spike I…” she really was so tired she was at a loss for words.

Spike was quiet, lost in thought. She could see it in the way he was looking at her, but seeing right through her. He hoped she trusted him enough by now, hoped she knew that his motives would be pure.

“You should stay here tonight, luv.”

“Okay”

It was that simple, and he was so thankful for it. She needed rest, she needed to feel protected and he was the only one who could provide that for her. He scooped his arms under her knees and around her back. He had imagined doing this a thousand times, but never for this reason. He carried her downstairs and placed her on the bed. Then he busied himself looking for something for her to sleep in. He decided that one of his red silk shirts would be oversized on her, then grabbed a pair of boxers out of a drawer.

When he handed them to her, she smiled. “I didn’t think you wore boxers.”

Spike just smirked.

Spike headed back towards his latter, opting for water from the kitchen.

“Where are you going?”

“I was getting you some water”

“Oh”

When he came back down to his room Buffy was curled up asleep in his bed. He set the glass on the nightstand and headed back upstairs.

“Spike?” Buffy whispered.

“Yes luv.”

“You coming to bed?”

Spike hadn’t predicted that Buffy was going to want him to sleep with her. In fact, he was planning to sleep in his chair.

“Spike, please, can you stay with me?”

That would have broken his heart. He quickly kicked off his boots and climbed into bed with her. She snuggled up to him like there was no thought about it. He laid there thinking about this situation, about her, about everything for some time. Finally, he drifted off to sleep.


Chapter End Notes:
more to come...