Mmmm, this bed was so warm and soft. She snuggled in closer, breathing in the scent of… hmm, not the scent of her bed. But it was nice, comforting almost. Vaguely masculine. She frowned and suddenly, pain jolted through her head, accompanied by a vague feeling of nausea. She moaned lowly and then, into the haze of her hangover, a deep voice sounded.

“Morning, Sleeping Beauty.”

She knew that voice. Funny she should hear it now because she’d had such a weird and surprisingly vivid dream about seducing-

“Spike!” she exclaimed, bolting upright, even as her head and her stomach protested with the movement. And sure enough, there he was, leaning against the wall and watching her.

“Oh God,” she whispered, eyes wide and mouth gaping.

How was this happening to her? Her eyes darted around the room and she found herself pulling the covers up higher, even though she had quickly realised she was fully-dressed. Her eyes darted nervously back to Spike and she felt her stomach drop when she caught sight of his smile. Her eyes flew to the bed she was lying in and back to him again and she gasped.

“Oh God!” she cried, tumbling out of bed and almost losing the contents of her stomach.

“Now Slayer-“

The vampire took a step toward her and she held out her hand, eyes flashing angrily as they met his.

“Don’t come near me.”

There was a brief flash of something that might have been pain in his eyes, but it quickly changed to anger to match hers.

“Weren’t saying that last night, Slayer.”



And that was a major problem, because she had been spending the last few seconds desperately trying to remember last night. There were vague snippets of her actions lodged in her memory, but everything between Spike pushing her away and this morning was gone. Which could only mean one thing right?

“What did you do to me?!” she exclaimed in horror, “I know I said the only chance you had with me was when I was unconscious, but seriously-“

“Don’t even start that with me, Slayer. You were the one dragged yourself here to chat me up.”

“Eww! In your dreams!”

“Not last night. Full Technicolor reality.”

He smirked and she clenched her fists, nails biting into her skin.

“God, I have to get out of here,” she mumbled, half to herself, “I need to go home and shower... God. And eww.”

She definitely felt like she was going to be sick. What had she been thinking, coming here?

“Just like I thought. Can’t even bring yourself to say thanks,” Spike muttered then, lighting up a cigarette.

Her head snapped up, eyes fixed on his.

“Thank you?!” she hissed, “Thank you for what?! For taking advantage of me when I was drunk? You make me sick.”

As she spoke, she grabbed up her jacket which had somehow ended folded up on a chair and was on a path to the door when he intercepted her, grabbing her arm.

“Nice to know you think so highly of me, Slayer,” he practically spat, “You really think, after what I told you, that I would do that to you?!”!



She froze, studying him, knowing that he had to be lying- but something in his voice stopping her.

“I… You mean… you didn’t…” she trailed off and with a look of contempt he released her and took a long drag on his cigarette before he answered her.

“Of course I didn’t. See you’re not too keen on believing me though so why don’t you just bugger off.”

She was half-tempted but she couldn’t do that- even to Spike.

“I- I’m sorry, Spike,” she spoke quietly, eyes avoiding his as his gaze flew to her in surprise, “I should have known you wouldn’t…”

He turned to her then, that smirk spreading across his face as he released a cloud of smoke from between his lips.

“Won’t say I wasn’t tempted,” he murmured, “Was a right nice offer and all.”

Making a moue of disgust – partly at herself, partly at him – she folded her arms across her chest.

“I was drunk,” she said pointedly, “I didn’t know what I was doing.”

“Now that’s not true, is it, Slayer?” he pressed, right in front of her in the next instant, crowding her personal space.

“I was drunk,” she repeated, not sure who she was trying to convince now as he smirked again, his body way too close for her liking.

“Funny though, innit? Most honest things I’ve ever heard came out of the mouths of drunks.”

She frowned at him and tried to move but he crowded her again, blocking her path with his body.

“Let me go,” she ground out, arms folded tightly – defensively – across her front.

“Not what you were saying last night,” he drawled, mouth hovering close to her ear and she tensed.

“Get out of my way,” she hissed, pushing him aside forcefully, but she had only got a few paces before he caught her by the arm, spinning her and pinning her to the wall with a hand either side of her head.



“I’ll let you go, Slayer,” he purred, blue eyes boring into her, “This time.”

“Don’t think I’m coming ba-“

She was cut off as his mouth caught hers in a rough, hungry kiss and try as she might to force herself to resist, she could feel herself succumbing. His lips moved over hers and when she gasped, he deepened the kiss, tongue delving inside. His body hovered just inches from hers, pinning her but not touching her and she found herself leaning into him.

Suddenly, he jerked his head back, blue eyes turned dark as he looked down at her – and she realised she hadn’t seen him look so dangerous in a long time.

“You can lie to yourself as much as you like, Slayer,” he whispered, his voice harsh and somehow soft at the same time, “Pretend it was nothing… blame it on the alcohol…”

She went to move but one firm hand on her shoulder stilled her.

“But I know the truth, Slayer. And one day, you’ll realise it too.”

She went to interrupt but he pressed a hand to her throat, shaking his head at her.

“And when you do decide to come back, know this,” he said firmly, “Next time, I won’t stop.”

He released her then, taking a step back, and she let out an involuntary gasp. Wide eyes held his for a long moment and then she stumbled to her right, blindly finding the ladder and fleeing the crypt as if her life depended on it. She didn’t stop until she was home, curled up in her bed and safe.


The End