Author's Chapter Notes:
Once again this update was too long in the coming-sorry. I really am hoping that things will get mellow again soon. :)

Thanks to OkDeanna for the beta-reading!

Reviews help!
Sunnydale California 1992

“Now remember what we talked about,” Joyce started as she leaned into the car and undid the buckle across the car-seat.

Buffy’s lips made a pout, but she nodded dutifully. “I’m going to my class. No Will-um.”

“But you can visit after nap time and… if you’re a good listener for Miss Kate, we’ll go visit William at his house tomorrow.”

“Okay, Mommy. I’ll be good listening.”

Joyce smiled and dropped a quick kiss on her daughter’s forehead. “I know you will, sweetheart. You’re my little monkey angel, aren’t you?”

Nodding enthusiastically, Buffy looked up at her mother quizzically. “But why can’t I go with Will-um?”
With a heavy sigh, she explained for the twelfth time that Buffy had her own class and that she needed to be there. When she dropped her off in the other class without any tears, she considered herself successful and headed to her own class.

Joyce walked into her class and smiled a hello to her assistant teacher. She didn’t make it to the closet to hang her jacket before William stepped into her path.

He looked at her with concern. “Is Buffy sick?”

“No, Sweetie. She’s just at her class today.”

William processed this with his eyes on the floor. Good manners forced him to look back up at her shyly before asking, “She didn’t want to work with me today?”

“Oh, no!” Joyce dropped down to kneel beside the pale boy. “No, William. Buffy just had to be with her class today. She likes working with you very much. She can come for a visit later, okay?”

“She’s still my friend?”

“Yes.”

William nodded once happily before frowning. “Can she be in my class?”

Joyce sighed and shook her head. She was starting to reconsider her position on not having her daughter in her class. It had always seemed like a good idea before, but this morning she felt like an ogre. She watched the little boy nod a final time before heading off to collect his favorite notebook. He soon settled down on a rug by the fish tank and began writing.

It was nearly an hour later before he spoke to her again. “Miss Joyce?” He looked up at her as she straightened up the toys on a nearby shelf.

“Yes, William.”

“How do you spell ‘awful’?”

She looked down at his notebook and gasped. He was listing words, which wasn’t unusual for him. But today’s theme was disheartening. Along with her daughter’s name (which appeared at least three times) He’d written:

Sad
Mad
Bad
Rotten
Dredfull
No Fair


She carefully spelled the word and made sure to collect her daughter promptly after nap time.

Oxford, England 2008

Stretching the surprisingly sore muscles in her arms, Buffy grinned at the clock. It was time to get ready to go meet Will. She giggled at the odd feeling in her stomach that came when she though about seeing him again. She supposed that it was normal enough given what they had done the evening before. Thinking about that made her smile even bigger. She’d been cautioned so many times by her friends that the first time would be a let-down, but it really hadn’t been.

Four times, she thought with a little blush, I came four times. She’d come to the conclusion that Will was really good in bed. And cute, she thought remembering how concerned he’d been about hurting her. Afterwards he’d called out for sandwiches, which he’d then insisted they eat in bed. “All part of the experience,” he’d said. She’d been a little surprised when she realized that he intended to spend the night with her. Deciding that it was sweet, she’d simply curled against his chest and slept soundly.

He’d looked so nervous this morning, she remembered, asking her quietly if she was regretting it. She’d laughed before shaking her head and then he’d given her a big smile.

The best part though, she decided as she headed to the bedroom to change, was when he’d assured her that she still had plenty of lessons left. He’d whispered it hotly in her ear and she’d nearly come again.

She chose a white sundress with spaghetti straps that tied on each shoulder and applied a touch more make-up than she normally did. Looking in the mirror, she decided that her hair was curling rather prettily so she left in down. She considered wearing her high-heeled sandals but decided that William would undoubtedly give her a hard time if she wore them so soon after twisting her ankle and slid on a simple pair of flip flops instead.

When she arrived at his office a short time later, the door was closed. She could see through the small window on the door that there was someone in there with him so she sat on a bench in the hall to wait. Liam found her there a few minutes later. “Hello Lass. I see you’re up and about despite your grave injury not two nights past.”

She giggled. “Yeah, I actually did survive twisting my ankle. I may have super-human healing abilities.”

“All evidence seems to support just that.” He grinned at her and wondered if she had realized yet why William had made such a fuss. Not, he thought, that I can blame him. The girl is more than pretty enough to make a man start thinking crazy domestic thoughts. “You’re waiting on our boy, I suppose.”

She nodded. “Yep. Someone’s in there… I didn’t want to interrupt.”

Liam took a peek through the window. “Ah yes, the fan club.”

Her brow furrowed in confusion. “Will’s in a fan club?”

“No. That’s William’s fan club. Dawn’s her name. The girl comes up with a thin excuse to eat up his office hours at least twice a week.”

Buffy stood up abruptly and peered, frowning, through the window. It was no use; the glass was too textured for her to make out the girl’s features. She could see that the girl was standing quite close to Will. She turned back to Liam. “Does… does he like her?” She tried for nonchalance and wondered why the idea irritated her so much.

Biting his tongue to stop himself from laughing out loud, Liam shrugged. “She’s a pretty little thing, all big eyes and long legs. Most guys would appreciate the attention.”

She scowled. “Right.”

He was sorely tempted to tease her for a bit longer, the pout on her lips was quite appealing, but his unique sense of honor held him back. “Not William though,” he continued as though he had never stopped. “He’d probably be more than a little glad for an interruption.” He winked at her conspiratorially. “Let’s go save him, shall we?”

Buffy bit her lip and gave the door a considering look. She looked back at Liam with an impish grin. “You’re sure that he would want saving?”

He didn’t answer. He just pushed the door open and dragged her through it, yelling out, “William, my lover, look who I found sittin’ all by her lonesome and lookin’ far too lovely.”

William looked up in surprise and was immediately torn between scowling at Liam for the lover remark and beaming at Buffy. He chose the latter. She’s a bloody angel, he thought, she glows. He couldn’t quite hold back a little smirk of male pride at the thought that he might just be the reason for that special glow today. “Buffy… you look… that’s a very pretty dress, pet.”

She blushed slightly under the intensity of his gaze. “Thanks, Will. I just felt like being a bit girly today.”

Liam noted the increased possessiveness in his friend’s eyes and gave him a curious glance. When William looked away suddenly, he grinned. Well now, he thought, isn’t this interesting. “Well lass,” he turned back to Buffy. “If I might speak on behalf of the local male population, feel free to be as girly as ya like, as often as the urge strikes.” He chuckled softly when William glared at him. Oh yes, he thought, there is definitely something interesting happening.

Dawn watched the entire exchange with a small pout on her face. She took a step closer to William before turning to speak to Liam and Buffy. “We were just having a fascinating discussion about Soren Kierkegaard’s Diary of a Seducer. Don’t you find the imagery particularly erotic?” She smiled widely at Buffy’s startled and uncomfortable expression.

William’s eyes widened. “Buffy doesn’t… that is…”

Liam laughed loudly. He waited until everyone turned to look at him. “I’m sorry. It’s just the very idea of this brilliant girl here wasting her time focusing on the obvious titillation of Kierkegaard’s presentation when there are far more interesting questions concerning the morality of the hedonistic lifestyle he presents to be discussed.”

Buffy had no idea what he was talking about, but she knew a save when she saw one. She smiled at him gratefully. “It’s true… lots of questions.”

William saw the smile and felt sick. Liam had to help her because I’m such a ponce, he thought furiously. He turned quickly to Dawn, who was still gaping in insulted outrage at Liam, and spoke formally. “Miss Key, my office hours for today are quite done. If you have any more questions, perhaps you can make an appointment for next week. Although I must tell you, you could undoubtedly find persons with more expertise on that particular topic than I have.” He nodded once, dismissively, and turned back to Buffy. “I’m almost done here, luv. After that, we can do whatever you’re up for. Dinner maybe? Are you hungry?”

She grinned. “Starved.”

“I figured.” He smiled back.

Liam glanced back and forth between the two and rolled his eyes at what he suspected they thought was subtle. “The pub it is then.” Both blondes turned to look at him, one smiling broadly and glaring slightly. He laughed and dropped his arm over Buffy’s shoulder.

Two hours later William was experiencing an unfortunate sense of déjà vu. Once again he sat with Liam, watching Buffy dance. It had all started brilliantly. They’d run into Andrew and Jonathon right away. He’d been genuinely happy to watch her head off to dance with the pair; he’d laughed heartily at their antics. But the boys had headed over to the bar for new drinks a short while ago and Buffy was still dancing. He was rather certain that the man she was dancing with at that moment was no more a homosexual than he was.

This time he intended to do something about it.

Standing up abruptly and without a word, though Liam was mid- story, he made a beeline towards the dance floor. Stepping behind Buffy, he wrapped his arms around her waist and splayed his fingers possessively across her stomach. He spared only a brief second to glare at her quickly receding former dance partner and tugged her snug against him before moving in time with the music.

She hadn’t seen him coming, but she knew who was touching her immediately. She giggled softly in surprise, but made no complaint as he sent away the rather dull boy she’d been dancing with.

William nuzzled close to her ear and spoke in a low tone. “I think it’s time for another lesson, pet.”

She gasped slightly at both the words and the sensations they brought. She looked around anxiously, before responding almost breathlessly. “What? Here? Now?”

He laughed deeply, his breath tickling her neck. “Mmm… hmm. Lesson the second… anticipation. You know what’s coming. You know I’m going to taste you tonight, kitten… gonna make you feel so good. Are you thinking about it now? Are you imagining all the wicked things I’ll be doing to this delectable little body of yours?”

A whimper was her only response. She was almost floored by the shocking images his words brought to mind. She leaned against him for support.

“I want you thinking about it, Buffy. While we sit and chat and drink with my friends, you’re going to know that, whatever I may talking about, what I’m thinking about is you. Do you know how many ways I could take you tonight? How many times I could have you screaming my name before I finally give you what you really want?”

She spun around, and grasping his shirt for support, stared at him incredulously. “Will, please…”

He smirked. “Please what, kitten?”

She fought back the urge to groan and gave him what she hoped was a flirtatious smile. “We could head out now.”

Thrilled by her response, William merely shook his head. “That’s not how it works, pet .”