Author's Chapter Notes:
This is unbeta-read at the mo. So if you see something, let me know. :)
Forty minutes later, Buffy was ready to scream. She shifted in her seat for the twelfth time and tried to focus on her conversation with Jonathon. Her eyes unwittingly followed her mind over towards William. How, she wondered, can he just sit there all calmly? He’s evil. She was wondering how William’s clearly evil nature had escaped her notice for so long when she realized that Jonathon had just said her name.

“Hmm?”

“Surely, you agree.”

“I…umm…” She looked up to see if William had noticed that she’d just been caught. He continued to talk with Liam, but she didn’t miss the twitching of his lips jerking upwards into a slight smirk. She glared at him briefly before turning back to Jonathon. “I’m sorry. I think I sort of zoned there for a minute. What were you saying?” She bit her lip and gave him an apologetic grimace.

Andrew cut in. “Ahh…please no. Don’t get him started again. I can’t take anymore politics tonight.” He stood up. “Dancing calls.” He thrust his hand into the air, finger pointing and jerked his hip to the side

Jonathon shook his head in mock disapproval. “Being pretty doesn’t mean you can’t also…” He trailed off, deciding that any further discussion was pointless. His expression was one of frustration, but a small smile gave away his amusement. He stood up as well before turning back to Buffy. “Care to join us?”

Buffy shook her head. “Nah, I’m all about this chair right now. We’re bonding really.” She watched the two young men head over to the dance floor before looking back up. William was watching her with a grin. When she met his eye, he winked. She glared again.

“No more dancing? Are you getting tired, love? Ready to head home?”

Her temper briefly over-rode both her common sense and her libido. “Not at all. I’m having a great time. It’d be a shame to end the night so early.” She immediately began berating herself. Idiot, like you have pride at this point, like he’s the one that’s sitting here all squirmy.

Liam had to bite the inside of his cheek to keep himself from laughing. Whatever these two are up to, he thought, it’s a far bit more complicated than it ought to be. He shook his head slightly and raised his hand up to wave to a waitress. “Splendid. Another round it is.” His smile widened as a pretty dark-haired woman approached their table. “Miss Lehane, you’re surely a fine picture this evening.”

“Order?”

Buffy watched with widened eyes as the woman briskly brushed off Liam’s charm.

“Lass…”

“No.”

Liam laughed. “I haven’t even asked ye a question.”

“And yet we both already know the answer. How clever are we?”

William laughed out loud and turned towards Buffy. “May I introduce the incomparable Faith Lehane, the only chit in town who seems to be immune to Liam’s sweet talk.”

Buffy raised an eyebrow. Something made her think that Faith was trying too hard to prove that she didn’t find Liam appealing. She couldn’t put her finger on it exactly though; she chalked it up to female intuition.

Faith turned to Buffy. “Which says a lot more about the other girls in this town than it does about me.” She gave Buffy a considering look. “I haven’t seen you around. Freshman?”

Buffy smiled and shook her head. “Just visiting.”

Liam put his arm over William’s shoulder. “Buffy is our boy Willie here’s oldest and dearest friend. They used to toddle around in nappies and take baths together.”

Both blondes quickly blushed and stuttered denials.

Faith chuckled. “Nice to meet ya, Muffy. Willie’s a good guy, always brings a touch of class to this dump.”

“It’s Buffy, with a ‘B’”.

“B it is then. Anyway, I got a lot of tables so…”

William nodded. “We should stop stealing you all for ourselves. I’ll have another Guinness, please.”

Liam nodded that he’d have the same and they all turned to Buffy.

“I like sex on the sand.”

Faith gave her a nod. “I’ll be sure to keep that in mind, B. Did you want another drink?”

William laughed at both Buffy’s confused look and Faith’s droll amusement. “She means Sex on the Beach. She’s hooked on those girly drinks with the little umbrellas and such.”

“I am a girl. What’s wrong with liking girly stuff?”

Taking in the stubborn jutting of her chin and the slight pout on her lips, William was reminded for the twentieth time that evening exactly why no other girl could ever steal her place in his heart. He shook his head. “There’s nothing wrong with it, pet.”

Faith watched Buffy smile and blush before shooting Liam a quizzical glance. He gave her a single nod and she smiled. “All righty, I’ll be right back with those.”

Despite her words, Buffy gladly left the pub with William only thirty minutes later. They were both struck with an unusual awkwardness the moment their feet hit the sidewalk.
William caught himself watching his shoes and shook his head. I’m not that kid anymore, he reminded himself before turning to smirk at Buffy. “Are you having a good time, pet?”

“Yeah. I mean everyone here has been really great and it’s all so pretty…”

He kept his head down while he nodded. “Good…good.”

“And…I mean…mostly it’s just good to see you.”

She watched the corners of his lips slide upwards before he turned to her and grabbed her shoulders.

“I like seeing you too.” Pulling her closer, he quickly brought his mouth down to hers for hard kiss.

She gasped softly and clutched at his arms. “Will!” She quickly glanced around to see if they were alone.

He frowned quickly before smoothing his face into an emotionless mask. He caught her chin between his fingers and lifted her face to his gaze. When he spoke he was careful to keep his tone and voice neutral. “Are you embarrassed to be seen kissing me?”

Her eyes widened dramatically. “What? No! That’s not…” She shook her head. “That’s not it, Will. I mean I’m not exactly planning to tell people that I’m getting tutored on…you know, but…” She shrugged. “Will, why would you…”

He didn’t let her finish. He pressed her against a nearby building and reclaimed her mouth, kissing her until she was breathless and trembling. He broke away suddenly and gave her a little boy grin. “Come on.” He grabbed her hand and pulled her across the street.

“Will! What are…” She looked around curiously when he stopped just inside the fence of a small park. “What are we doing here?”

He tucked his tongue behind his teeth and smirked sexily. “It’s called a playground, luv. We’re gonna play.”