Author's Chapter Notes:
I know, I know I suck (and not in the sexy vampire way) at responding to reviews lately. It doesn't mean I don't treasure them. I really do. Please keep them coming.
Thanks to everyone who has kept reading despite all my delays. I love this story and will finish it (baring death or a real life encounter with Spike-in which case I would be way too busy following him around offering to be eternally his to even remember my user name)
Sunnydale, California 1995

“Why does he talk like that?” Cordelia Chase asked, scrunching her face up like she had an unpleasant taste in her mouth. She looked over her shoulder at the boy in question before turning back to Buffy.

When she’d met Buffy on the first day of school, Cordy had been certain that they would become best friends. After all, she thought, Buffy is pretty like me and has a nice house, not as nice as mine, but nice enough for visits. Cordy was no longer so sure that things were going to work out. She’d come over for a pool party, but Buffy seemed far more interested in playing with a boy from another school; a weird boy from another school.

Buffy looked confused for a moment before suddenly flashing a bright smile. “Because he’s Will.”

“But his voice is funny, like a teacher but…weirder.”

“Oh.” She nodded with understanding. “That’s ‘cause he’s from…British.”

“Is that near L.A.?”

Shrugging, Buffy appeared to consider the question. “I think so.”

London, England 2008

She was just too comfortable. Buffy rubbed her cheek against the soft pillowcase and basked for a moment in the perfect warmth that surrounded her. Maybe, she thought, if I ignore it, it will go away. She concentrated stubbornly on wishing away her body’s need to pee. It didn’t work. There was simply nothing she could do but pull herself out of bed and away from the glorious cocoon of William’s arms. She sighed quietly before carefully untangling herself in hopes of getting up without waking him.

Her very first move, a slight sliding away, brought an instant reaction. He groaned and muttered, and without waking up, tightened his hold on her. He pulled her back to him like she was a stuffed bear and he was still six.

She giggled softly beneath her breath and gave his arm a firmer shove. “William,” she whispered gently, “I really have to use the bathroom.”

He muttered grumpily again, but loosened his grip enough that she was able to slid off the bed.

She shivered as her feet hit the cool wood of the floor and grabbed a large t-shirt as she hurried towards the bathroom.

She couldn’t help but take a moment to look at herself in the mirror. She was tired, it was the middle of the night and she suspected they’d only been sleeping for a few hours, and she was sore, the kind of sore that can only come from a marathon of sex and she couldn’t quite stop smiling. She wondered groggily how people who had sex got anything else done. Now that she’d tried it, the temptation to hide out and never leave the bed was almost overwhelming.

Noticing the dried mascara marks around her eyes she washed her face before heading back to bed. She noted the slight lightening of the sky outside with a frown as she slid back beneath the covers.

Williams arm came around her almost instantly. Nearly as quick as that, he groaned. “What’s this?” His hand bunched the fabric of her t-shirt.

She laughed at the pouty note in his voice. “A shirt. It was cold out of the bed.”

“Reason enough to stay in the bed then.” He moved his body to fit snugly behind hers. “Here I can keep you warm.” He pulled the fabric he had bunched in his hand up a little so that he could slide his hand easily beneath the hem of her shirt and brought his hand up to rest on bare skin. His long fingers splayed so that his thumb rested just beneath her breast and his little finger grazed her belly button.

Contented, now that she was beside him and he was able once more to feel her soft skin, William sighed and began to fall back to sleep.

Buffy found sleep a bit more elusive.

She was turned on. A few weeks ago, it would have been confusing, but she recognized the feeling now, could name it. She could even pin point its cause. In this case, it was clearly the result of being snuggled against a sexy, naked man. And when, she wondered with a note of bewilderment, had she started thinking of Will as sexy or as a man for that matter? She pushed the thought aside; she currently had larger more pressing concerns. First off, she was starting to wonder how it was physically possible for her to even be considering more sex after the three times the evening before. Secondly, she couldn’t quite quiet the little voice in her head asking if that was normal or if she was simply some kind of sex-obsessed nymphomaniac. Mostly though, Buffy was thinking about one thing; how to get Will to wake up and provide an emergency tutoring session.

She wiggled and sighed with frustration. He just pulled her closer.

She tried a more obvious sigh of discontent.

William blinked open one bleary eye. “What’s wrong Buffy? Do you…” Something suddenly occurred to him. His other eye opened and a look of concern covered his face as he rose up to peer down at her. “Are you hurt, luv? I was…I was too rough, I…”

Buffy shook her head quickly. “No, Will. I’m fine. I just…”

He tilted his head, waiting anxiously for her to finish.

I suck at this, she thought with a small self-depreciative laugh. “I just couldn’t sleep ‘cause I’m…I’m all…”

William watched her fidget with an increasing sense of relief as the problem began to make itself clear. He fought back a grin and feigned a concerned expression. “You what pet? Why can’t you sleep? Are you certain that you are not hurt?” He wondered how long it would take to make her say it.

“What? No. I’m fine…just…just forget about it, okay? It was nothing. I’m sure I’ll be able to sleep now.” She turned and curled up on her side.

“Oh, if you’re sure then.” He quickly lied down beside her. “Of course, you could just admit that you want me.”

Buffy flipped over and stared at his smirking face with widened eyes.

“I mean it just seems more effective than lying about making pained moans and such.”

“I…you…I was sighing, like with frustration.”

He nodded, considering. “Still seems like it would have been simpler if you had just told me what you want.”

“But you were sleeping.”

He shook his head as he moved over her. “Doesn’t matter one bit, luv.” He brought his face close to hers. “Just two words, that’s all it would’ve took, that’s all it would ever take.”

She shivered at the husky quality of his voice. “Two words?”

He nodded once before dropping his lips to her ear. “Want you. Need you. Love me. Fuck me. I’m begging. Take your pick, pet.” He rubbed himself against her thigh. “They’ll all work for me.”

“Oh.” She clutched at his shoulders.

He lifted his head and watched her with passion-darkened eyes. “So…”

She looked confused.

“Tell me.”

She frowned. “You really like making me say it.”

He nodded once, his eyes never leaving hers.

“Why?”

“I like hearing it.” He smirked. “Watching you wiggle around and blush, that’s just an added bonus.”

She frowned again and was about to argue when he spoke again.

“I need to know that you’re here with me, kitten, that…”

The earnestness of his expression wiped away her irritation. This is silly anyway, she thought; if he gets off on hearing girls say that they want him I should just go with it. She nodded. “I’m here and I want you.”

“Good, but want…seems weak.” He brought his mouth down to suck on the sensitive spot where her neck met her shoulder. “I think I’m gonna hold out for need.” He didn’t give her a chance to reply, he quickly reached down and started tugging the t-shirt she’d donned up. “Arms up, pet. It’s a fucking crime to cover these gorgeous tits of yours.”

Her eyes widened at the coarseness of his language, but she lifted hers arms up compliantly.

He whisked the shirt off and grabbed her wrists, pulling her arms up even straighter. He studied her for a second, smirked and pressed her down against the bed pushing her hands towards the rungs on the headboard. “Hold on.” When she didn’t immediately grip the smooth wooden posts, he frowned. “Don’t make me tie you up kitten, you know I’d hate to have to do that.”

He winked then, and she wasn’t sure if it meant that he was joking about tying her up or joking about not wanting to tie her up. And, as she was nearly as unsure of her own feelings on the matter, she gripped the rungs tightly enough to make her knuckles whiten.

William leaned back on his knees and let his eyes trail downwards from her hands to study her tautly stretched body. He swallowed hard. “So bloody gorgeous. Fuck Pet.” He leaned down again to whisper his dark thoughts in her ear. “You know I could keep you here? I could tie you to this bed and…I could make you like it. You’d be mine pet, mine to do with as a wished. I could play with you all night, all day…take you so many times, so many ways, you’d…”

“Will!” It was too much. He’d said it all without touching her. She needed contact. Without a thought she tore her arms from the headboard and pulled his mouth to hers.

He returned her eager kiss for a moment before reaching up to tug her hands down and place them gently back on the headboard. “I’m not going to warn you again.”

Her face paled even as she felt a flood of moisture between her thighs. She regained her grip on the rungs and glanced up at him expectantly.

“Good girl.” He smirked at her with his tongue tucked behind his teeth. “I suppose I should give you a reward, yeah?”

Buffy trembled, but said nothing.

He continued watching her. “Or maybe you don’t want that?”

“What? Will?” Her eyes widened and her breath quickened.

He saw where her thoughts had gone and was thrilled to note the interest in her eyes, but had no intention of taking things that far yet. “I think you should say please, pet.”

“Oh…please.”

“No arguments?”

She shook her head. “I want you, need you. Please.”

He nodded. “Very good.” He trailed kisses from her earlobe down her neck and along her collarbone. Just before he took her nipple into his mouth he glanced up at her through his eyelashes. “So good, Buffy.”

She gasped as he sucked her already hardened nipple into his hot mouth and whimpered his name when he grazed her sensitive peak with his teeth. When he pulled back, she yelled. “Please! No. Please. Will. Fuck. I. Said. Please.” She groaned loudly in frustration.

He chuckled hoarsely and reached up to pull her hands down. He guided her to loop them around his neck and moved to settle himself between her thighs. “You sound right pretty when you’re begging, kitten.”

Buffy balked. “Beg…begging? I didn’t… I never…I…Ooh!” She moaned as he slid quickly into her. “Oh that’s…that’s…”

“Worth begging for?” He stilled.

“I didn’t.” She answered weakly.

“You will.” His voice carried a note of confidence that he didn’t quite feel in his heart. He began moving again, sliding slowly in and out.

Her nails scraped firmly along his shoulders and down his back. He hissed softly at the pain and thrust deeper.

“Would you?” She asked quietly and wasn’t sure if he’d even heard as he didn’t answer for several minutes.

William waited until they were both teetering on the edge before he met her eyes. “Baby, I’d drop to my knees for you anytime. What's more...you bloody well know it."


Chapter End Notes:
Thoughts?
Will Buffy realize that Will is serious or will she continue to be oblivious? Will there be more naughty sex? Will there be more Liam soon?

I can tell you yes on the last two-but I want to know what you all think about the first one.