Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to OkDeanna for her beta-reading. :)

Thanks to everyone who reviews-I'm so excited by the reaction this little story is getting.
Oxford, England 2008

William jogged eagerly up the stairs to his apartment. He usually enjoyed his T.A. duties, but he’d had a hard time focusing all day knowing that Buffy was waiting at his place. He called out for her as he opened the door, “Buffy?” In lieu of a response, William soon noticed the sound of running water coming from the bathroom.

She’s showering, he realized with a little grin at the image the thought brought to his mind. He promptly pushed the thought away and headed over to his computer, hoping to distract himself by checking over his e-mail. Sitting down on the edge of his chair, he quickly brushed his fingertips across his laptop’s touchpad bringing the screen to light.
His brow furrowed when a chat screen immediately popped up.

BuffyStar: Seriously Willow-I’m all about the plan. I find a cute foreign guy and go for it. I’m done with this whole virgin thing.

Witchie779: That easy????

BuffyStar: William has friends. Maybe one of them is cute. I have no intention of being the only virgin in the dorms, and this way I won’t have to worry about post-fling *awkwardness*.


Nearly falling off his seat, William closed out the window in shock. He really wished that he’d never seen it. He’d read it before he’d even realized what it was and would now be stuck with the memory forever.

Buffy is planning to sleep with one of my friends, he thought incredulously.

William shook his head as he pushed off the chair and began to pace the room. It’s ridiculous, he thought, insane even. It was, he acknowledged with a strangled laugh, exactly the kind of thing Buffy would do.

Sunnydale, California 1998

Slightly out of breath, William caught up with Buffy at the park. He dropped on to the swing beside hers. “You’re mum says that you shouldn’t swing when you’re chewing gum. It’s a choking hazard.”

Blowing a particularly large bubble, Buffy rolled her eyes with far more attitude than any ten year old should possess and William gave up.

The pair swung in compatible silence for several minutes before Buffy brought her feet down for an abrupt stop. William slowed to standstill beside her and waited to see what she’d do next.

“Nobody’s ever kissed me.” She said it as though it was both a shocking and annoying revelation.

“You are only ten years old.”

Buffy rolled her eye again and sighed. She was quiet for a moment. “Have you?”

“Have I what?”

“Have you ever kissed someone?”

He frowned slightly before reluctantly admitting, “No”.

“I think you should kiss me.”

William’s eyes widened. “You do?”

Buffy nodded. “Just so we know what is like.”

He cocked his head to the side and considered her suggestion. “I don’t know.”

“Come on, it’ll be like practice for when we do it for real.”

Oxford, England 2008

Seeing William on the couch, Buffy smiled wide. “You’re back early!” She flopped down beside him with her hair still dripping.

“One of the other TA’s said he’d cover my last study group in return for a favor to be determined at a later date.” He chuckled and gave her a wink. “I told him I had to show my favorite girl around.”

Buffy giggled lightly. Something about the way he’d just spoken to her made her feel oddly warm and just a little nervous, but she couldn’t figure out why. She brushed it aside. It’s William, she thought, you’re just being silly. “So what’s the plan?”

“There’s a decent pub not far from here. How would you feel about an early super?”

“You know me. I can always eat.”

He laughed. “Yeah, I remember. Where exactly you put it all remains one of the great mysteries of the world though.”

Tapping her thigh, Buffy teased “Hollow leg.”

William’s eyes followed her hand down. He paused; momentarily startled by the instant arousal the golden skin there brought him. Could those shorts actually be classified as clothing, he thought, clenching his jaw.

He’d always loved her, but the constant wanting, the lusting and needing, that had only hit a couple of years ago and he’d barely been in the same country with her since. Now actually sitting beside her, he was finding it increasingly hard to keep his feelings hidden.

Remembering the joke, he chuckled hoarsely. “Why don’t you go get ready, maybe put on some trousers, and we can head out?”

Buffy rolled her eyes, but got up and headed into the bedroom to dry her hair. She paused in the doorway. “Will I meet any of your friends tonight?”

William smirked. Very subtle pet, he thought. “Sure kitten. I’ll invite a couple of the boys over for later this evening.” His smile broadened as he watched her shut the door.

Oxford, England 2008

Buffy giggled as she celebrated her near-complete domination of the world.

Jonathon shook his head in admiration. “I can’t believe she held North America.”

Andrew just stared at the board in horror. “How did I lose Australia?” He turned towards Jonathon with a look of irritation. “If you’d accepted my offer for an alliance…”

The short, dark-haired boy shook his head. “The official Parker Brothers rules clearly leave out the option of alliance formation.”

William laughed. “Not to mention that you got Jonathon with that trick-alliance earlier.”

Andrew grinned. “It’s true. My Machiavellian talents are often unexpected.”

“Or you’re just a jerk,” Jonathon grumbled half-heartedly.

Andrew reached over and ruffled the other boy’s hair. “Someone’s a sore loser this evening.”

“Someone’s sleeping on the couch tonight.” Jonathon mocked back.

Andrew turned back to William and Buffy and placed his hand near his face for a theatrical stage whisper. “I give it an hour before he starts complaining that the bed is too cold without me.”

Jonathon rolled his eyes, but couldn’t quite hide his amusement.

Buffy giggled again at their antics. Andrew and Jonathon were nothing like she’d been expecting, but they were sweet and funny and the four of them had passed an entertaining evening.

She turned towards her friend with an evil glint in her eye. “Well, William, it would appear that it is down to you and me. Are you ready to surrender?”

William shook his head. “Seriously pet, are you sure you’ve never played before?”

“Yep, I was a total Risk virgin. Guess I’m just a natural, huh?”

William swallowed hard. I’ll bet you’re at natural at other things too pet, he thought with a small smirk. He grinned at her. “Or it was just beginner’s luck,” he teased.

“You don’t believe in beginner’s luck.”

“Perhaps I’ve just discovered new evidence.”

“Perhaps you just don’t like getting beat by a girl.”

“Oh, on the contrary, luv, if the girl does it right, I don’t mind getting beat at all. Point is it’s a matter of skill and strategy.”

Andrew and Jonathon couldn’t hold back their laughter.

Andrew was nearly crying. He clutched his lover’s shoulder, “Did he just suggest spanking games?”

William and Buffy paled in unison and turned to stare in open-mouthed wonder at the boys.

William recovered first. “It’s almost four in the morning, perhaps…”

Jonathon nodded. “Yeah, we’re leaving.” He and Andrew stood up and stretched.

Andrew walked over to Buffy and kissed her cheek. “You’re a doll. Don’t forget to give us call about dinner next week. I’m dying to make you my brie puffs.” He giggled. “And then you can tell us all about William here’s defeat.”

“Ooh and we just got a new Deluxe Scrabble Board,” Jonathon added with a grin.

Buffy gave each of them a quick hug. “Will do.”

William walked them out, said his good-byes, and shut the door firmly behind them. He turned awkwardly back to Buffy.
She grinned. “They’re a trip, really funny.”

“Yeah,” he said with a glare towards the door, “really funny.”

Buffy chuckled. “Relax. It’s not like anyone would ever think you meant… you obviously didn’t… I mean you’d never…”

His amusement grew as she stammered on. He arched an eyebrow at her. “I’d never what, pet?”

Buffy blushed and quickly frowned in irritation. “Well, you’re obviously not the whips and chains type.”

“Hmm… I’ll be sure to keep that in mind.”

“Will!”
He laughed and gestured towards the game board. “So I assume that you won’t let me get to sleep until I come back from my current precarious situation and claim an astonishing victory.”

She grinned, thrilled to be back on comfortable grounds. “Or you could just surrender. I’ll be a very benevolent global dictator.”

William walked towards her quickly and leaned in so that his face was inches from hers. “Something you should know, luv… I don’t give up without a fight, not anymore.”