Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok, a long time coming I know. Was a little stuck on what I was going to call this one but thankfully the title came to me. Over a cup of hot chocolate no less. *grins* Thank you all so much for your reviews, they really do encourage me to write more.
It had been a few days since Spike had seen Buffy. Sure he knew she was still patrolling the area every night and had blatantly passed by his crypt every time just as he knew she would. It was all apart of the game. Spike didn’t mind so much except every time he heard her scurry past or caught a hint of her scent, his cock would twitch with excitement. Hell, just thinking about their last encounter made him hard.

Spike had grown tired of playing Kitten Poker, one of the vamps were really starting to wear on his nerves. So tonight he decided to head over to The Bronze instead. Might even get lucky enough to rip some minion apart. The last thing he expected to see when he walked in was hotness itself dancing up a storm with her friends on the dance floor. Gracefully weaving though the crowd, Spike headed up to the balcony for a better vantage point. It was empty except for a pair of horny teens franticly groping at each other on one of the couches in the corner. Smirking to himself, Spike realised they already reeked of sex. Leaning against the banister he directed his attention back to the dance floor. What a vision she was. He could tell that she hadn’t been on patrol, not yet. The fire engine red halter top hugged her in all the right places and her breasts were jiggling lightly as she swayed her hips to the music. Her hair was up in a tight ponytail which indicated she indeed intended to go patrolling after her little dance-a-thon. And that arse! It was covered in those hot black leather pants and was that a skimpy red thong he just spied above her pant line? Spike felt that familiar twitch in his pants and he couldn’t help but stare down at the blonde lustfully. He knew that he was letting his eyes bore into her and she would probably figure out that he was there, but at that moment he really didn’t care.

Buffy had indeed decided that she was most defiantly going patrolling tonight. She would of gone a lot earlier if Willow hadn’t insisted that she come out to ‘loosen up’ as she put it. So she had agreed, not wanting to offend her friend. Besides she could always go patrolling later right? She had skilfully tucked Mr Pointy in her leather jacket and Willow had placed a protection charm on the jacket for ‘just in case’. It was draped over the chair she was sitting on next to Xander. He had insisted that was not dancing due to his two left feet. So Willow and Buffy had taken to the dance floor, moving themselves in time with the techno beat.

As one song merged into another Buffy suddenly felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand on end. Someone was watching her. A familiar someone. There was only one person she knew that could make her feel like that. Spike. Swinging around with the beat she dipped her hips down to the floor as she flicked her head up in the direction she thought the feeling was coming from. Skilfully her eyes scanned the area quickly almost missing the back of Spikes familiar duster.

*That creep was spying on me!*

Anger boiled to the surface as she subconsciously twisted back to Willow. She motioned that she was leaving the dance floor, vaguely seeing her friend nod. Buffy’s mind was set on one thing. She was going to teach that vampire a lesson he soon wouldn’t forget.

Spike ran from the Bronze, laughing. He could tell by the look on her face that he had pissed the slayer off by getting spotted like that. Wasn’t his fault really. He didn’t know she was going to be there tonight. Didn’t matter though. The game was on once again. Spike’s laugh turned to a smirk as he bolted back to his crypt. If he knew her as well as he thought he did she would be soon on her way to see him. Possibly to belt the crap out of him. Slowing his pace down to a walk he could see his crypt in sight now. Pushing open the door he shut it, knowing that Buffy loved to kick it open and went to the fridge. He knew if he wanted to play he would need his strength. Figuring he would have enough time, he pushed a bag of blood into the microwave and pressed start.

He was right.

When Buffy burst though the door, Spike was calmly sitting in his leather chair, knees hooked over the side of one arm rest and staring at the TV. Completely ignoring her, Spike pretended to be engrossed on what was playing on the TV. He could feel the anger dripping off her like a wet sponge but he could also smell a hint of arousal she always had when he pissed her off.

“Spike.” She barked out. Stifling a chuckle he turned to her with a shocked look on his face. This seem to infuriate her more.

“Don’t you daresit there and pretend you don’t know why I am here.” Oh, he knew why she was there all right. Buffy was still standing in the doorway her hands resting on her hips and eyes glaring. He realised that she had put on her leather jacket since last time he had seen her.

“Why love I don’t know what you are talking about.” Spike knew he was pushing his luck as he stood. He could now see the stake she had tucked securely in the side of her jacket. He also noticed that she was toying with the tip of the stake with her fingertips while her eyes bore into him.

“You know exactly what I am talking about.” She hissed. Spike shrugged his shoulders, pushing Buffy to her limit. He could see her eyes burning with fire as she started screaming at him.

“You were fucking stalking me. I saw you at the Bronze!” Buffy suddenly lunged forward, catching Spike by surprise. She drove him back into the nearest wall, the stake she had been toying with now positioned over his undead heart. It took all of Spike’s will power not to grab Buffy in defence. Instead he raised his hands up in a surrender position. Stakes near the heart always made him nervous. Even when its Buffy holding it.

“Honest pet, I didn’t know you were going to be there.” Spike kept his voice low and steady, letting a hint of his seductive British accent slip in.

“Liar!” She hissed again, pressing the piece of wood closer to his chest. She was determined not to fall for his trickery.

“Honest.” Spike’s voice came out in a bare whisper, his eyes awash with fear. Buffy took one look before her anger started to dissolve. Trying to look past his beautiful pools of blue, Buffy leaned forward, up on her tiptoes. So close in fact Spike could feel her hot breath on his cheek. She was trying to hold herself together, trying not to fall into him again.

“I swear, if I EVER find out…” She was cut off by Spike’s lips crashing onto hers. Without thinking Buffy closed her eyes as she kissed him back, letting his cool tongue invade her mouth. She felt herself move her hand the stake was in and let Mr Pointy clatter to the floor. Then she felt Spike’s arms envelope around her, pulling her into him. As wrong as this was Buffy realised it felt so right. She could feel his hardness pressing into her, making her shiver with delight. She wrapped her arms around him, pulling him even closer. Fighting every fibre of need coursing though her, she made herself push back from him in an attempt to form a coherent thought.

“Spike.” His blue eyes looked down at her, almost reading her mind.

“Sh. Feel, don’t think.” Buffy was too weak to resist him. He ran his hands down her arms before kissing her again. Spike felt her relax against him, her arms curling around him tighter. She wanted him, she needed him. Even if it was for just tonight.


Chapter End Notes:
So the smut begins! Please tell me what you think. *puppy dog eyes*

A big thanks to DragonFlyLady for telling me I spelt "scent" "sent". I promise its all fixed now!