[Reviews - 22] LikedPrinter
Summary: This is the tale of Buffy aka " Anne", a mulatto slave in Kentucky, USA . Anne is resigned to her life as a slave until she meets and falls in love with William Pratt, a young abolitionist lawyer from Boston. In their bid for her freedom and a chance to be together, they face obstacles that test the strength and power of their love. William gives her hope that in a life of misery and pain, their love is …the good part that shall not be taken away…
Rated: 18
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Angst
Warnings: Violence, Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No
Word count: 12077 Read: 9056
Published: 06/11/2008 Updated: 04/17/2009

1. A Perusal Of My Tale- Prologue by DayWalker [Reviews - 6] Liked (1067 words)
This story was inspired by numerous biographies, autobiographies and speeches of ex-slaves. The title of this story is a poem by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. Additionally, since this a story of a slave’s life told from a slave’s POV, some of the dialogue will contain the “N-word” and Creole of the South. This story is dedicated to those

“…Whose deeds crowd History’s pages
And Time’s great volume make.”

2. Of Flesh and Blood- Chapter the First by DayWalker [Reviews - 6] Liked (2695 words)
A thousand thanks to Terra, Devin, cordykitten and Sandara for reviewing. Reviews maketh my heart glad. To those of you who read but did not review, I have a few choice words...nitwit, blubber, oddment, tweak... You can tell me a few choice words too *cough* review ...
WARNING: This chappy contains some angst and violence. Additionally, the 'n-word' makes its debut.

3. Slaving For Bread-Chapter the Second by DayWalker [Reviews - 2] Liked (2254 words)
Major thanks and cookies to Sandara, Devin, cordykitten, louise, gdo and franziga for the reviews. You madeth my week!
I was reluctant to write this chapter because it made me feel conflicted. Nevertheless, I wrote it cuz this story owns my ass. It's the bossiest of my plot bunny's children. I think I should change it's name to Yeerk or Visser Three.
Don't forget to read and review cats n' kittens

4. Pieces of Silver - Chapter the Third by DayWalker [Reviews - 3] Liked (2095 words)
Thanks to Devin and cordykitten for the lovely reviews. They madeth me so happy! I hope you'll like this chapter. Let me know what you think in a review.

5. Dinner With Sinners - Chapter the Fourth by DayWalker [Reviews - 2] Liked (2581 words)
It's been ages since I updated and I'm terribly sorry. Hopefully, this is the stimulant I need to keep the updates a coming!

6. Roman Carnival by DayWalker [Reviews - 3] Liked (1385 words)
This update is long overdue and I apologize for taking so long. I also want to say a big 'thank you' to whoever nominated me at the Cradle of Humanity Awards. Finally, thanks to cordykitten and gdo for reviewing the last chapter and everyone else who reads this story.