"Buffy, you're going to love Sunnydale." Came the voice from the front of the car. Buffy looked away from the window, towards the voice of her aunt. She wasn't really her aunt, but Jenny was the closest thing to one she had. Jenny was her mother's step sister, but she was more like a second mother to Buffy, when her father had left Joyce years before. But Buffy was eighteen now, and it had been nearly five years since she had seen Jenny. Buffy slumped back in the seat and closed her eyes, trying not to think of the reason she was here, miles away from her home. *Mommy.* The word popped unbidden in her mind and she fought off the tears she knew were coming. 'Think of something else, anything else. Anything but her.' She pushed the memory of her mother lying cold on the couch, staring at the ceiling with unseeing eyes, to the back of her mind and tried to focus on what Jenny's husband was saying. Jenny had met Rupert Giles at the local high school, where she was a computer teacher and he was hired as the new librarian. Buffy could still remember the day she called saying she was to be married. They didn't get to attend the wedding, but Jenny had sent pictures. She recalled how her mother cried when she looked at the photo's of the couple, and how she pointed out a small boy with unruly brown curls, hiding behind a pair of glasses, saying that he looked like his father. William. She thought that was his name, she really couldn't remember, but she thought he might be a few years older than her. 'I wonder where he is now? Probably sitting in a library somewhere, with his coke bottle specs.' That thought brought a small giggle to her lips, the first one in a while. She looked up when she felt the car slow down and looked up at the house they were drving up too. Bigger than the one she shared with her mother, but nothing like her father's new house. The thought of her father brought a sour look to her face. He hadn't even bothered to go to the funeral, and didn't even want to think of Buffy staying with him. 'You're eighteen now, Buffy. Don't you want to get out, start your own life?' She had wanted to scream at him "I just lost my mother! The only thing I had, because God knows I don't have a father! And you're pushing me away?" But she didn't, she just turned and walked away, not even giving her father a second thought and ignoring his words. Jenny was the only place she could turn and she had excepted Buffy with open arms. Giles brought the car to a stop, turned around and gave her a gentle smile, "Here we are, Buffy." She opened the door and stepped out onto the driveway, she could hear Giles and Jenny at the back of the car unloading her suitcases. She stood there, looking at the house, what she was supposed to call her home, and knew she had never been so lost in her life.