Chapter Twelve:

Great, just great. Spike shook his head. Directly after Buffy’s request, she had rolled over and drifted back to sleep. As he watched her lying on her back softly snoring, he pondered what he should do. He was certain that the decent thing would be to assume that Buffy had been half asleep and not known what she was saying. That in mind, he should walk himself into the living room and spend the night tossing and turning on the couch…but Spike was really beginning to doubt his decency. How am I supposed to pass this up? He sighed. The little spitfire will have my head if she wakes up next to me and doesn’t remember her invitation. But if I woke her up and asked her….. Spike regarded Buffy’s sleeping form. No, it wouldn’t be right to disturb the girl. I should turn around and march right out of here. Yes, that’s exactly what I should do. He continued staring down at her. So beautiful. Spike slowly reached out a hand and placed it on Buffy’s shoulder. He gave her a gentle shake. Nothing. He gave her another shake and called her name softly. Nothing. Finally, he gave her a slightly firmer shake. She began squirming around.

“Stay with me,” she murmured. She probably thinks I’m that wanker Angel. “Spike…stay.”

Spike’s heart began thumping wildly upon hearing her utter his name. That’s all the go ahead I need. Don’t have to tell me twice…well, technically… Spike shook his head and quietly climbed into his bed next to the sleeping girl. He laid on his side facing her, reveling in having her so near. Even though she had requested that he stay, Spike wasn’t sure how she would react if he wrapped his arms around her. He wanted so badly to feel her soft body pressed into his but knew he shouldn’t be greedy. He was fortunate to have this. He wanted to stay awake and enjoy the moment, but it was late, and he was exhausted. He drifted off to sleep with a smile on his face.

~BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBS~


Sunlight streamed through the window as the alarm began its incessant beeping. Spike groggily slapped his hand on it without even bothering to open his eyes. After a moment, he vaguely registered that there was a body lying on top of him. He could feel a head beneath his chin, soft breasts smashed against his chest, and a leg thrown over his thigh, brushing his erection with every breath he took. And it felt good. Spike smiled and kissed at the top of the head under his chin and rubbed himself on the thigh between his own. Fuck yeah…feels so good…yeah……..bloody hell! Spike stopped abruptly as his eyes shot open. He tilted his head back and looked down at his body. He discovered Buffy sleeping soundly on his chest. You are truly a degenerate, mate. Spike carefully extracted himself from Buffy. He stretched and popped his neck. He was feeling pretty ragged from only sleeping a few hours and fully dressed at that. He selected a dark gray suit, white dress shirt and black tie from his closet and wandered off in the direction of the bathroom.

Spike turned on the hot water in the shower. He quickly undressed and stepped inside. Tilting his head back, he allowed the water to stream down over his face for a moment before dropping his head down in frustration. He was still hard as nails. He started to reach for himself, but stopped, instead contemplating a cold shower. You are not going to wank off to thoughts of her while she’s lying in the other room…in your bed…in your clothing. Fuck. Spike wrapped his fingers around the base of his erection. He slowly slid his hand up the smooth velvety hardness, rubbing his thumb over the head. Just gotta flick the water to cold, mate. He repeated the action, his pre-cum being washed away by the constant spray of water from the shower head. She felt so good pressed against me…so right. He groaned as his grip became firmer, his movements quicker, his hips rhythmically thrusting. Just wanna touch…touch her. Spike’s hand on his cock began pumping wildly as his other hand slid over the ridges of his abs and down his thigh to gently squeeze his balls, rolling them between his fingers. God…beautiful…soft skin…perfect tits…slick pink lips…wrapped around my…. “Ooooh fuck!” Spike emptied himself on the shower wall. He regarded the mess and let out a deep sigh. Degenerate.

Spike finished his shower with no further…excitement and toweled himself dry. He put on his suit pants and dress shirt and draped his tie around his neck. Grabbing his suit jacket, he exited the bathroom…and promptly ran into a short body. “Fuck!”

“Hey, man, did you know that barmaid’s sleeping in your bed?”

Spike let out an exasperated sigh. “Yes, I did, in fact, know that barmaid is sleeping in my bed. She didn’t sneak in here…like some people.”

“Cool.”

Spike waited for Oz to continue, but was only met with silence. “So, mate, what brings you to my flat this morning?”

Oz shrugged. “Breakfast?”

“No time. I have a meeting with a student in half an hour.”

“What are you gonna do with the girl?”

“I’m not going to do anything with the girl. I’m going to let her sleep. I’ll leave her a note, so she’s not surprised to wake up to an empty flat. I should toss her clothes in the dryer. They’re still wet from last night.”

Oz raised his eyebrows, “She was playing in the rain?”

“Nooo. Long story, mate. No time. I’m just going to jot down a quick note, throw her clothes in the dryer, and then I’m out the door.”

“Write your note. I’ll stick around and run the dryer.”

Spike hesitated, “Okay, mate, but be gone before she gets up. I don’t want you to startle her.”

“No problem.”

Spike finished his note and laid it on the bed next to Buffy. He couldn’t resist placing a small kiss on her forehead. He threw on his shoes and socks, bid farewell to Oz, and headed out the door to catch the subway to work.

~BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBS~


“Mmmmmm,” Buffy yawned and stretched. I had the best dream. She opened her eyes and noticed the indentation in the comforter and pillows next to her. Maybe it wasn’t a dream. I was wrapped around his hard body, and I wasn’t fully awake to enjoy it? Well, that's a travesty. She saw that there was a small slip of paper lying on the bed next to her. She picked it up.

Buffy,
I had to head out to work. I have a full day today.
Please feel free to stay as long as you like. Your
clothes are in the dryer, and you might find something
edible in the pantry. I’ll try to stop by the pub when I
get off work at 5pm. Have a wonderful day.

Spike


Buffy held the note to her chest, smiling happily. She left the room and located the washer and dryer in a closet in the hallway next to the bathroom. She retrieved her clothes and entered the bathroom. After using the facilities and finger-brushing her teeth using some of Spike’s toothpaste, she dressed and gave herself a once over in the mirror. She brushed her fingers through her hair but decided that her appearance wasn’t really important as no one of consequence would see her between here and her apartment. She exited the hallway and started to walk into the living room.

“Good morning.”

“Aaaaaaaaaugh!” Buffy screeched clutching her chest. She noticed the red-haired man lounging on the couch with the television on.

“Sorry,” Oz paused, “I have that effect on people.”

“You…you just startled me.” Buffy tried to catch her breath. “I didn’t expect anyone to be here.”

“Yeah, wasn’t planning on it, but there was a game on. Spike’s tv is vastly superior to my own.” He looked back towards the screen.

“Oh…well…I was just going to head out…I’m Buffy,” she stated awkwardly.

“I know.” Not turning from the screen, “Oz.”

“Nice…to meet…you.” She grabbed her bag. “Umm…bye.” Buffy hurried out the door.

~BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBS~


“Ya know, staring at the clock ain’t gonna speed up time, B.”

Buffy glared at Faith. “I know that. I’m just…expecting…someone.”

Faith snickered.

“What?!”

“Buffy’s hot for teacher.”

“Oh shut up, Faith. How do you know that’s who I’m expecting? I could be waiting for Angel.”

Faith raised an eyebrow. “Are you?”

“Well…no…but I could’ve been!”

“Don’t sweat it, B. If Professor Hottie said he’d show, I’m sure he’ll be here.”

As if summoned by her words, Spike strolled through the door. Buffy’s mouth dropped open at the sight of Spike in his suit. He raised an eyebrow at her appreciative look and took a seat at the bar in front of her. “Having a nice day, luv?”

“Uh yeah, it’s great. Do you have multiple personalities?”

Spike looked confused, “Not sure I follow you around that bend, pet.”

“All the different looks. I mean there’s Punk Spike, Uncle Spike, and I guess this is Professor Spike.”

“That it is, luv. What can I say? I’m a very dynamic individual.” Spike waggled his eyebrows at her.

“You’re something, all right.”

“Oi! I don’t think you meant anything nice by that.”

Buffy grinned, “You’ll never know!”

Spike chuckled, “Now, I don’t know if I should give you your present.”

“My present?!” Buffy’s eyes lit up. “Gimme gimme gimme!”

“Demanding little thing, you are.” Spike reached into his pocket and pulled out a set of keys and laid them on the bar.

Buffy gazed at them dumbfounded. “Keys?”

“Yeah, pet, keys to my flat, so you can come and go as you please.”

“Oh.” And then she burst out laughing. Spike stared at her. She continued laughing uproariously. When more than a minute went by, Spike had had enough.

“Look, luv, if you don’t want them, just say so.” He scowled, “I thought you might appreciate the gesture. Didn’t expect you to laugh your bleedin’ head off.”

Buffy tried to get a hold of herself. “No! No, it’s great, it’s just…in less than a week…we’ve fought, fought more, been in a life threatening situation, become friends, I’ve crashed at your flat, and now you’re giving me house keys. You have to admit it’s a little unconventional.”

“Well,” Spike conceded, “when you put it that way, I can see how it would seem a bit…odd. I want you to have them, though, pet. I like having you around, and my place is so big…someone else might as well get some use out of it. You’ll take them, yeah?”

“Yeah.” She smiled and looked down at the keys. “Really, Spike, this was very swee—”

“Hey, Buffy.”

“Angel! Hi…” She hadn’t even noticed him walk in. She tried to put her hand over the keys, but it was too late. He had already spotted them.

“What are those?”

“Uh…keys?” Buffy smiled nervously.

Angel gave her a look. “I know that. What are they to?” He gave Spike a suspicious look.

“Oh they’re…” Lie, Buffy. Lie your fucking ass off. Lie, lie, lie. “They’re keys to Spike’s flat.” Idiot.

“WHAT?!!!” Angel’s face turned red and he began breathing heavily. “Why the fuck do you have keys to his flat?!”

Spike stood up and regarded Angel wearily, “Settle down, mate.”

Angel snarled at him, “Shut the fuck up, mate. I wasn’t talking to you.” He turned back towards Buffy. “So, that’s how it is, huh? Jump from my bed to his. How long were you planning on stringing me along?”

“It’s not like that, Angel.” Buffy’s eyes were blinking rapidly and she was wringing her hands. Spike wanted to reach across the bar and touch her but knew that would only escalate the situation.

“What’s it like then, Buffy? Anya told me you were a good girl, sweet and inexperienced. She doesn’t know you at all, does she? She doesn’t know you’re a sl—”

“You wanna stop right there, mate.” Spike couldn’t remember the last time he’d been so angry. All he wanted to do was pummel this wanker into the ground.

Angel whipped his head towards Spike. “I don’t care if you call yourself professor, you’re just a fuckin’ punk idiot in a suit. I hope you have fun with your little bitch. How does it feel knowing I got there fir—”

Angel was cut off by Spike’s fist meeting his face.


Chapter End Notes:
Hope you're not too disappointed by the turn of events. This isn't my favorite chapter, but I hope you liked it anyway! Ready for more?