Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm so happy! I couldn't post this chapter yesterday, because I kept getting an error when I attempted to. Found out just a little bit ago that it was, oddly enough, because the word curl was used in this chapter. So, I changed that, and now it works! Still having the same network issues that are keeping me from reading any of the wonderful stories on this site. Apparently, there is some sort of isp merger up here that is causing the problem, so I'm just gonna have to wait it out. Looks like I can still post my story and read reviews, though! Sorry I didn't get my posting issue solved yesterday!
Chapter Eighteen:

Buffy walked through the door of Spike's flat, exhausted from an especially busy night at the pub. All she wanted to do was crawl into bed and cuddle up next to him. She assumed he was already asleep as all the lights were off in the main living area. No matter, she was sure he would awaken long enough to pull her into his arms, then they both could sleep late. Spike no longer had to be at the university in the mornings, and Buffy didn't start her shift until late afternoon or early evening.

She dropped her purse next to the door and stretched. Wandering into the kitchen, she took a swig from a bottle of water she found in the refrigerator before meandering towards the bathroom. She entered the hallway, and that's when she heard it...voices...coming from the bedroom. She could hear Spike's voice plain as day, but there was clearly someone with him. Why would Spike have company this late? Why would said company be in his bedroom? And why did said company sounds like a woman...a very English woman? Buffy's breathing sped up as she crept toward the bedroom door. She could still hear the soft voices of Spike and his...guest, but she couldn't make out what they were saying. Maybe it's his sister...in the bedroom? Buffy slowly pushed the door open. She was shocked by what she found.

Spike and Drusilla were clearly naked underneath the thin sheet draped over them. Drusilla was lying on Spike's chest with her chin propped up on her hands. Spike was looking down at her, lovingly caressing her back with his fingertips. Buffy was horrified. Noooo! He said this would never happen! He said he didn't want her! Just then, Spike seemed to notice that she was in the room and turned to her, "What are you doing here, little girl? You shouldn't be here. Off with you now." He waived his hand at her dismissively. Drusilla began to laugh, really more of a cackle. Soon, Spike joined her, chuckling as he rolled her beneath him and began kissing her neck.

Buffy was paralyzed, still standing in the doorway. Drusilla regarded her as Spike continued kissing down the pale column of her neck. "He always comes back to me, Sunshine."

Buffy awoke with a start. As her eyes focused in the dark room, she could see Spike still fast asleep next to her, one arm thrown over her midsection. Well, that was unpleasant. I think I would rather dream about the robbery. She sighed and moved her body closer to Spike until they were almost sharing the same space. You've got to get a grip, Buff. Just because Riley cheated on you and Angel turned out to be all wiggy, doesn't mean Spike is going to do anything to hurt you. She sighed again and wrapped her arms around the man next to her.

~BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBS~


The first thing Buffy noticed upon awakening was that she was still extremely tired. The second thing she noticed was that Spike was not by her side. She rolled out of bed and dug around in Spike's dresser before selecting a large t-shirt and sliding it onto her body. Her clothes were still scattered near the front door from the night before. As she headed down the hallway in search of Spike, she could hear his voice in the living room. She felt herself tense, but knew that she was just being silly. She was fairly sure that she was awake this time around, and it was highly unlikely that Spike was engaging in some sort of passionate affair in the living room at eight in the morning. As she exited the hallway, she observed Spike, dressed only in a pair of jeans, pacing about the living room having what looked to be a rather animated phone conversation.

"That's bloody fantastic! Of course, I'll be there.............I don't know, I'll ask...............probably Thursday. I'll call you when I know for sure.............me too...............all right, talk to you then................you too. Bye." Spike clicked the phone off and tossed it on the couch. He noticed Buffy standing at the back of the room and graced her with a big smile, "Good morning, Sweetheart, you sleep well?"

He always comes back to me, Sunshine. Buffy took a breath and crossed into the living room, sitting on the smaller couch with her legs tucked beneath her. "Uh, yeah, I slept fine...good phone call?"

Spike's smile grew. "Great phone call, luv. That was my dad. Did I tell you that he's a writer too? Though, he writes mostly novels. Anyway, he's won a major award for his latest book. It's kind of a big deal in the writing community. He wants me to be there for the ceremony and reception. I told him that I would definitely be in attendance. It's next Saturday night. I'll probably leave on the evening flight next Thursday. I'm thinking I'll give myself a couple of weeks to visit the family while I'm there."

"Oh." Buffy looked down. "That's great about your father's award...I'm really happy for him."

Spike's expression turned concerned as he took a seat next to Buffy. "What's wrong, luv?"

Buffy looked up and pasted a smile on her face, "Nothing, nothing...I'll just miss you, is all."

Spike put his arm around her shoulders and pressed her against him. "Why don't you go with me, pet? I'd love for you to meet my family."

Buffy hesitated, "I'd like to meet your family too, but I'm not ready to fly to a different country to do it. Does that make sense?"

Spike nodded, "It does, luv." He smiled at her. "Just let me know when you are ready, and we'll hop on a plane." Tapping his chin, "Hmm, maybe I should cut this trip short. I hate to be away from you for so long so soon into our relationship."

"Nooo, no, Spike, you should take time to visit with your family. I'll still be here when you get back. I'll miss you, but I'll be working six nights a week anyway. Do you mind if I stay here while you're gone?"

"Actually, I insist upon it...well, assuming me insisting upon it won't cause you to do the exact opposite." He gave her a teasing grin.

Buffy stuck her tongue out. "Noooo, it won't. I still think you should worry less, though."

"And I think you should move in with me, so I can worry less. It seems we're at an impasse."

"Yeah, yeah," she rolled her eyes, "can we hold off having this conversation again until you get back from your trip?"

Spike sighed dramatically, "I suppose. So, what do you want to do today, luv? You don't have to be to work until 4pm, right?"

"Well," Buffy yawned, "I was thinking that going back to bed sounded mighty good right now."

Spike gave her a sly smile, "Think you're on to something, pet."

She slapped his arm, "I meant to sleep!"

"Yeah," Spike started as he stood up, pulling her with him, "we can do that too."


Chapter End Notes:
This was sort of a set-up chapter, but I bet you can't guess what I'm getting ready for. Sorry it was so short and a day late, hope you enjoyed it anyway! Barring any more posting issues, the next chapter will be up tomorrow. Thanks!