Chapter Two:

Buffy entered the club half an hour later than the agreed upon time and began looking around for her friends…and her mystery date. She had decided on the red dress if only for the fact it showed slightly less skin than the other outfit, and she didn’t want to give Angel the wrong idea.

She spotted her friends camped out at a corner table with a beefy brown-haired guy. From the looks of it, Faith was prepared to take him home if Buffy declined. Faith’s breasts were practically spilling out of the top of her tiny black, strapless dress. She seemed intent on giving Angel (well, the guy Buffy assumed was Angel) the best view. Buffy took a deep breath and casually sauntered over to the table.

“Hey, guys!”

“Hey, Buffy, I was afraid you wouldn’t make it,” Anya said with a raised eyebrow. “Take a seat so we can get introductions underway.”

Buffy noticed that the only available seat was between Anya and the guy. With a tight smile, she sat down trying not to bump anyone in the process. She noticed him staring at her with a grin on his face. Let’s see if he’s still smiling when I take out in 15 minutes. This is never going to work.

Angel held out his hand. “Hi, I’m Angel. Anya has told me so much about you, but you’re even lovelier than I expected.”

He’s laying it on thick already. Buffy gave his hand a quick shake. “Thank you. I’m afraid that Anya really hasn’t told me anything about you.” If Buffy could have covertly glared at Anya at that time, she would have.

Angel chuckled. “Well, I’m hoping we’ll have plenty of time to get to know each other. Anya tells me you work at a bar with Faith here.”

“Oh yeah, I do. That’s what I do…,” Buffy trailed off looking around the room for some sort of escape. I’m sure he’s a perfectly nice guy, but there is no way I’m interested. What was Anya thinking? He looks like a Riley clone. “Hey guys, I’m gonna hit the bar. I’ll be right back.”

Angel started to stand up. “I’ll get you a drink, Buffy.”

“No, no. Please. I haven’t even decided what I want yet. I’ll be back in a minute.”

Buffy was thankful to have a short reprieve from the table as she weaved her way through the crowd. Maybe if I get some booze in my system, this night will look a little brighter. She was digging through her purse for cash when she found herself slammed forward into the bar. That’s gonna bruise. She turned around to confront the culprit and found herself looking into the blue eyes of a very attractive, very blond, very angry…punk? This guy was wearing black eyeliner and some sort of studded collar. He made Buffy look like a J.Crew ad…and he didn’t seem very pleased right at that moment.

“You, bitch! You made me spill my beer!”

It was at that time that Buffy noticed that his shirt was wet and clinging to his chest. It would have been almost sexy if he hadn’t just referred to her as a bitch. What the fuck? How was this her fault?

You bumped into me, you asshole! I probably have broken ribs!” Okay, so a bit of an exaggeration. “I should sue you, you…you….you cross-dressing freak!”

“Cross-dressing!”

“You’re wearing make-up!”

“Well, at least, I can apply mine without making myself look like a two bit whore!”

Buffy started to lunge for him, but found herself jerked back against a brick wall. When she looked behind her, she found that the brick wall looked an awful lot like Angel.

“This jerk bothering you, Buffy?”

Buffy took a couple of deep breaths. “No, he’s just some asshole.”

“Hey! Still here, princess!”

Buffy glared at the punk guy. “Why is that, anyway?”

“You know, I’m starting to wonder the same thing. I guess I just thought that the only way to complete the wonderful evening I’ve been having was to spend some quality time with a stuck-up bitch and her trained monkey.” Angel started to step forward, but Buffy lightly held him back. “Somehow, it’s not everything I hoped for. Ta, all” With that, he stalked off towards the exit.

Angel looked down at Buffy. “Why don’t you go back to the table. Tell me what you want to drink, and I’ll be there in a minute.”

Buffy decided that sounded like an excellent plan. Too many people were still staring at her after witnessing her altercation with the blond man. “Thanks, could you just get me a mai tai?” She gave him one last smile and headed back to the table.

As soon as Buffy sat down at the table, Faith started in on her. “Soooo, who was that hot guy at the bar?”

“What hot guy? You know Angel.”

Faith rolled her eyes. “No, the blond guy that you tried to hug. Did you get his number?”

“What?! No! And I was trying to tackle him.”

“I don’t blame you.” Faith licked her lips. “I’d tackle the hell outta that guy, if you know what I mean.”

Buffy rolled her eyes. “Yes, Faith, we all know what you mean.”

“One mai tai for the lovely lady,” Angel said as he sat the drink in front of Buffy and returned to his seat.

“Thanks, I could really use this right about now.” Buffy kicked her drink back, oblivious to the stares her friends were giving her.

“Easy there, tiger,” Faith joked. “Remember you’re a light-weight. I’m not carrying you out of here.”

Willow smiled at Buffy. “Yeah, after the great New Year’s spewing, don’t you usually prefer to sip one drink all night?”

Angel looked confused. “Spewing? Ladies, aren’t you kind of making a big deal of things? I mean, she’s only had one drink.”

Buffy batted her eyelashes at Angel. “Speaking of that, do you think you’d mind hitting the bar and getting me another?”

Faith put her head down. “So it begins.”

~BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBS~


An hour and a half and 4 drinks later, Buffy was still grinding against Angel on the dance floor like she’d been for the past half hour. Faith and Anya had long since left with a couple of very drunk, very dumb, but very beefy fraternity brothers. As Buffy wiggled against Angel, she noticed Willow and Tara getting up. She grabbed Angel’s hand and dragged him towards the table.

“Guys! Where are you going?! The party’s just getting started!”

Willow bit her lip. “Umm, Buffy, maybe you should share a cab with Tara and me. It’s getting pretty late, and you’re kinda drunk.” She whispered the last word like it was some sort of dark secret.

“What?! Noooooo!,” Buffy pouted, “I’m just starting to get my groove on!”

Angel stepped in at this time. “It’s okay, ladies, I’ll make sure she gets home safe.”

“See! Problem solved!,” Buffy yelled over her shoulder as she dragged Angel back to the dance floor.

Tara shook her head and glanced at Willow as they headed for the exit. “I really don’t see how that solves anything.”


Chapter End Notes:
Keep going?