Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry about the wait.
Here's the second chapter.
As Buffy approached Spike’s crypt, she tried to decide what to do or say once she got there.

I’ll just go in, say sorry and walk back out again, and he’ll probably never bring it up, though he most likely wil,l and I don’t just want to say sorry either. I want to say more than that, and he needs to know what I need to tell him. That’s if he still wants to listen to me. I really hope that that doesn’t happen. I don’t think I’m gonna be able to get through this if he just completely doesn’t talk to me ,or unless I talk myself out of telling him.

As Buffy took a turn into Restfield cemetery, she realised she was actually nervous about going to see Spike.

It’s just nerves. I’ll be fine of course. I’ve faced much scarier things than this. I’m not backing out now. Nope, I’m gonna go in there and just get it over with. Even if I don’t really want to, I have to. It’s not like I’m scared of Spike. Okay, so maybe just a little bit, but hell if I’m ever going to admit that out loud. It’s not like he can hurt me, not physically anyway, but he can dish out some sharp comments and just generally be an asshole, but I’m not backing out not now.

Buffy arrived at Spike’s crypt; she waited for a few minutes, trying to get herself together before facing Spike.

Okay you’re here, so just go in and talk to him! Of course, he might not actually want to talk to me after I acted worse than a bitch, but he’ll be reasonable… I hope.

Instead of slamming the door like she always did, Buffy raised her hand to knock, but her nerves got the better of her and she hesitated. The door swung open, revealing Spike in his usual black attire, Buffy dropped her hand and slipped it into her pocket.


“Finally learned to knock have you?” Spike snarked, taking a swig from the Jack Daniels bottle he was holding. Obviously, he’d been drinking for a while; not enough to get him drunk but enough to make him seem just a little more snarky then usual.

Slightly put off by his attitude, Buffy faltered. “I just came to…” Trailing off, Buffy sighed. “Can I come in?”

Raising an eyebrow, Spike moved away from the door and sat in his armchair

“Come for another round of kick the Spike, have you?”

Buffy walked into the crypt, shutting the door behind her. “No, I didn’t come here to play kick the Spike or however you want to phrase it. I came here to apologise.”

Spike snorted. “That’ll be a first! The mighty Slayer actually apologising for once!”

Buffy crossed her arms, getting a bit defensive. “Would you just shut up and listen for once?”

When Spike remained quiet, she continued, “Right, okay, when you told me you loved me, I completely freaked out. I mean, you and me, Spike and Buffy, Vampire and Slayer. We’re enemies. Well, we’re supposed to be. I mean, what with the whole you try to kill me, I try to kill you thing. Of course then you got that chip in your head that you absolutely hated. Obviously you still hate it but lately you’ve been trying to help, I suppose. So I should thank you for that, but I don’t, and then you just tell me that you love me, and I didn’t know how to deal with it. So I went all defensive, which I know I shouldn’t have, but I did. I just… I’m sorry, Spike.” Buffy awaited Spike’s reaction after she finished what she had to say.

Spike stayed silent for a minute, finishing the remainder of the alcohol in the bottle quickly, seeming to take his time before speaking. “Right then, luv, apology accepted.”

Buffy started to feel a little hopeful, “Really?”

Spike shrugged. “Can’t stay mad at you forever, can I pet?”

Buffy shrugged. “Well, I suppose you could. After all, you do have forever and you’re pretty stubborn.”

Spike stood and picked up his leather duster off the back of his chair, taking his cigarettes and lighter from the pocket. He lit one and put the lighter back. Taking a drag of his ciagerette, he noticed Buffy watching him and blew the smoke out of his mouth as he tilted his head slightly, his eyes studying her. “I won’t deny I probably could despise someone for a long time, but not you, Goldilocks, never you.”

Buffy paused at the sincerity she heard in his voice. “Thank you.”

Spike took another drag of his cigarette as he walked away from the back of the chair. “It’s true. Might get pissed at you once in a while but it never really takes.”

Stifling a laugh, Buffy just grinned. “Yeah, well, you can be a pain in the ass, but I don’t hate you.”

Spike smirked. “Good to know. Wait, that doesn’t mean you’re gonna make me be one of your Scoobies, does it?”

Buffy rolled her eyes. “I don’t think anyone could make you do something that you didn’t really want to do.”

Spike dropped his cigarette to the ground, stepping on it and putting it out. “You’re bloody right about that, luv. Suppose you’d best be off now. Don’t want Mom and kid sis worrying, now do we? I’ll see you for patrol tomorrow night if you like.”

With a nod Buffy turned towards the door before turning back. “Spike. I actually did have something else to say.” Walking up to Spike, she gently brushed her lips over his, kissing him softly before pulling back. “There’s a chance, Spike-- a pretty big one-- that I could be with you.” Giving Spike a slight smile, she took a few steps back. “It’s just up to you when or if you want to start something between us.”

Spike hesitated for a minute, sure that what he was about to do could still end up with him getting a stake through his chest from the Slayer. “That’d be just about now, then, luv.” Figuring he’d waited for what seemed like far too long, he closed the distance between them and grabbing Buffy’s upper arms, he slammed his lips to hers in a bruising kiss.


Chapter End Notes:
I know I know I'm evil for ending it there but feedback will inspire me to write more. If you'll be so kind.