Author's Chapter Notes:
Lotsa Spuffy in this chapter enjoy!
Feeling Spike’s lips on hers shocked Buffy for a brief second before she started to kiss him back. She couldn't believe she was kissing Spike. It was amazing! Buffy had to lock her knees to keep from crumpling to the ground. He was a great kisser, and she could go on, moving her lips against his forever, except for the sad fact that she also needed to breathe.

After a few minutes of extremely hot and desire-filled kissing, Buffy and Spike pulled away to get some air; Spike panting in unneeded oxygen while Buffy tried to compose herself before she did something irrational, like jump Spike’s sexy undead bones right there in his crypt.

“I think I can take that as a definite yes to the wanting of us to be a couple.”

Spike raised an eyebrow while smirking. “Got that did you, luv?”

Buffy nodded and grinned. “You could say that. So now that you have me you aren’t gonna stop loving me right?”

Spike pulled her to him once more. “I’ll always love you, pet, always.” He nipped at her bottom lip before releasing her and putting his duster on. “Up for a good rough and tumble, Slayer?”

Buffy instantly went on alert at his phrasing. “What?”

Spike tilted his head and smiled as he realized she had caught on to his not so hidden innuendo in his words. “Patrol, pet. Figured maybe we should do a sweep but if you have other things in mind, I’m all for it.” He leered at her for a moment, tongue behind his teeth as he studied her.

Buffy rolled her eyes. “Patrolling it is.”

Following Buffy out the door, Spike fell in to step beside her.

Spike glanced at Buffy, catching her glancing back.

“So Spike, patrolling? Doesn’t exactly scream date material.”

Spike shrugged. “Suppose it depends how you think of it. That a subtle way of asking when I’m gonna take you out, Slayer?”

Buffy gave him a coy yet embarrassed look, knowing she’d been caught. She loved the idea of going on a real date with him. “Maybe I don’t think hand-holding while walking through a cemetery counts.”

Smiling, Spike took hold of Buffy’s hand, deciding to mimic the idea of them holding hands while in the cemetery. “Hand-holding like this, pet? Not so bad is it? Though suppose I best let you get all dressed up so I can take you for a meal or something, yeah?”

Buffy smiled, giving Spike’s hand a slight squeeze, actually liking the feel of holding hands with him. “Yeah, not so bad…though dinner would be nice.”

Spike looked at Buffy, smiling. “Tomorrow night all right then? I’ll pick you up from your house at eight.”

Buffy shrugged, trying to hide her excitement but not being able to hide her grin. “Sounds good.”

Spike kept walking in silence for a minute before he had to ask a question that was on his mind. “So what are all your little scoobie friends gonna think of this or aren’t they gonna know?”

Buffy glanced at Spike.

“It would be a lot easier not to tell them. I mean, they’re gonna find it hard to accept. Giles will clean his glasses and be all disappointed yet British about it, Willow will probably babble before the shouting starts and I assume that’ll come from Xander.

Anya will start talking about me getting some orgasms and Tara… I have no idea how she’ll act, though I’d probably bet she won’t say anything and just let us sort it out among ourselves.

A slayer should not get involved with one vampire much less two. Mom never liked Angel, so I have no idea how she’ll react. Dawn was the one who actually told me you we’re in love with me so maybe she’ll be fine with it or so I hope.”

Spike listened to Buffy, letting her ramble on till she seemed to trail off.

“It’ll be all fine and dandy soon enough. I’m sure that they will all have their objections and they’ll make them known, but they will come around. I’m not saying that we’ll all suddenly become best mates. I do know that they love you. That’s one thing we all do have in common, so they might not like it but they will just learn to tolerate it. It’s not like it’s they’re the ones that have to date me.”

Buffy nodded. “You’re right. It’s my love life not theirs. Though I can’t help but worry. They’re my friends and I need them.”

Spike noticed that they were now walking towards the Magic Box.

“Course you do, luv, but you can’t always be scrambling for their approval while you’re trying to live your own life. They do things you don’t like, right? Well you don’t go nagging at them to change their bloody minds once they make a decision do you?”

Buffy looked at Spike. “You’re right, I don’t. At least I don’t think I do.”

They came to stop outside the door of the Magic Box.
Buffy felt a brief pang of panic before she felt Spike squeeze her hand reassuringly. Stalling for time, she reached up and pulled his head down until their lips met. He held on to her and kissed her back with gusto.

Soon they were locked in a tight embrace and Buffy shivered in delight as he nuzzled her neck then came back for another kiss. Pulling apart, they gazed at each other, both unwilling to look away. She was in awe of the raw emotions swirling about in his gorgeous blue eyes.

Suddenly, she felt ready to face her friends, but she was glad he was there with her. “Guess it’s time to tell them. Stay with me?”

With a brief nod from Spike, they walked inside, ready to tell of their new found romance.


Buffy and Spike approached the table, finding the entire gang there. With a glance at her companion, Buffy felt herself tensing before forcing herself to try and ignore her nervousness. “Guys, we have something we need to tell you.” Buffy stated.

The gang looked at Buffy and Spike. Xander sat up straight. “What’s up, Buff?”

Buffy moved nearer to the table yet didn’t let go of Spike’s hand, so he stepped forward with her. “Well we figured we’d tell you that Spike and I are going to try and…see if we can work as a couple.”

Buffy braced herself for the onslaught she knew was coming. She was right as Giles, Xander and Willow voiced their objections. She let them go on for a minute before holding up a hand to silence them.

“Look, I know you aren’t going to be crazy about this but It’s my life and if it all goes wrong then you can say I told you so but until then, please just… keep your points of view to yourself.” Buffy then turned and walked out of the shop.

Spike watched as Buffy walked out of the shop, feeling an odd bit proud that for once she had put herself first rather than listen to her friends. “Well would ya look at that…I suggest you get over yourselves, unless you actually want to risk losing her of course?” With that parting statement, he followed Buffy out of the shop and soon caught up to her.

He felt himself worrying for her, knowing that the risk of losing her friends couldn’t be easy for her. He fell in to step beside her. “You okay, luv?”

Buffy glanced at him, keeping on in the direction she was going. “Could’ve gone worse.”


Chapter End Notes:
Feed my muse? Please?