Author's Chapter Notes:
I fully intended to write the next Chapter of Masquerades before this but my muse wouldn't quit poking me about this chapter so here we are.
Thanks so much to Spikeakawilliam for bringing to my attention the chapters 2 and 3 of this fic were in the wrong order. All fixed now so Thank you!
Last night, Spike had walked with Buffy until they had arrived at her home. Buffy had said goodbye with a goodnight kiss and a simple see you tomorrow.

Now, Buffy was searching through her wardrobe, trying to decide on what to wear.

Dawn sighed as she watched Buffy pick out yet another dress. “Buffy would you just pick. You don’t have that long until Spike arrives and you know you could wear a potato sack and he’d still say you looked good, so choose already.”

Buffy started to object but then sighed and shooed Dawn out of her room. Buffy settled for a halter, knee length, blood red dress with a thigh slit and black sling backs with a slight heel. Buffy gave herself a once over in the mirror and decided that she didn’t look half bad. She grabbed her jacket just as the doorbell rang.

Dawn answered the door, her eyes widening slightly as she took in the sight of Spike. “Well someone cleans up well,” she commented, her eyes raking up Spike’s form. His t-shirt, duster and jeans had been replaced with a pair of dress pants and a blue shirt that matched his eyes.

Spike gave a slight smile. “Alright, Bit. Big sis almost ready to go then?”

Although Spike would have never had admitted it, he was actually nervous about how this night’s events would go. His eyes moved to the stairway as he heard footsteps and he inhaled sharply as his eyes rested of the form of Buffy.

Buffy made her way down the stairs. Resting at the bottom of them. She raked her eyes over Spike’s form and decided that he looked unbelievably sexy. She smiled as she stepped towards him. “Hi.”

Spike grinned as he nodded. “Hi, Yourself.” Spike offered Buffy his arm. “Shall we?”
Buffy smiled, taking his arm. “We shall.”
Spike's eyes roved over Buffy's form once again. "Did I mention you look absolutely gorgeous, luv?"
Buffy shook her head. "No, But you don't look so bad yourself."
They walked to a car that was parked in front of the house and Spike opened the passenger door for Buffy, holding it and waiting for her to get in.

Buffy gave Spike a questioning glance. “No Desoto?” She asked.

Spike shook his head. “No Desoto. Know a demon that owed me a favour.”

With a smile gracing her lips, Buffy got in to the passenger seat of the Mercedes. Spike shut the door and moved round, getting in to the drivers seat.

Buffy and Spike made their way to the restaurant. Spike led Buffy inside, the waiter showing them to their table after a few moments. Buffy smiled gratefully at the waiter and took a seat. She briefly glanced over at the dance floor and stage where a band and singer were playing.

They placed their orders, talked quietly over their meals when they arrived and then they ordered desert. Buffy laughed as Spike offered her a spoonful of his chocolate cake. Leaning forward, Buffy allowed Spike to feed her the bit of desert and then moved back as she hummed in appreciation of the taste before returning the favour by offering Spike some of her ice cream. Smiling as he allowed her to feed him, she then pressed her lips to his softly.

Buffy pulled back, her gaze drifting to the stage and dance floor as a familiar song began to play and she smiled as she recognised the intro. Spike tilted his head slightly. “You like this one, luv?”

Buffy nodded. “I do.”

Spike got up, offering her his head. “Dance with me then, Goldilocks.”

“Really?” she asked, surprised that he would want to dance.

At his nod, she took his hand, got up and let him lead her to the dance floor. Spike twirled her in a spin as they made their way on to floor.

I've been roaming around
I was looking down at all I see
painting faces, building places I can't reach.

Buffy got her arms around Spike’s neck as he left his hands on her lower back. She smiled slightly as they swayed to the music.

You know that I could use somebody.
You know that I could use somebody,
someone like you.

Their lips met in a gentle kiss. Spike smiled as he lightly caressed her face before lifting her chin and pressing another kiss to her lips.

And all you know
and how you speak
countless lovers undercover of the street.

You know that I could use somebody.
You know that I could use somebody.
Someone like you.

Buffy sighed, relaxing against Spike, feeling safe and warm, and secure. “Thank you.” She uttered.

Off in the night,
why'd you live it up?
I’m off to sleep,
waging war
to shake the cold.

I hope it's going to make you notice.
I hope it's going to make you notice.
Someone like me.
Someone like me.
Someone like me.

Spike looked at Buffy. “What for, luv?” he asked.

Buffy smiled, shaking her head. “For taking me out and giving me the night off so I don’t have to patrol until later, anyway and I suppose…Just being you.”

Spike shrugged as they continued to sway to the music. “No problem, pet. Night’s not over yet though.”

Somebody,
someone like you.
Somebody,
someone like you.
Somebody,
Someone like you.
Somebody,
someone like you.

Buffy grinned. “You’re right… The night isn’t over just yet. Walk me home?” Spike nodded, offering her his arm and smirking as she took it. Buffy grabbed her coat on the way out. Buffy paused near the entrance. “Don’t you need to pay for the food?”

Spike shook his head. “Already sorted. Remember that demon owing me a favour that I told you about earlier?”

Buffy nodded. “Yeah, same one you got the car from,” she answered as they continued walking.

“Well, let’s just say the favour he owed me got rather more expensive then he would have thought,” Spike continued.

Buffy looked up at the starry sky. “Can we walk home?” she asked. Spike stopped looking at her.

“I think that could be arranged.”

They continued walking, finally making it to Buffy’s front door. Buffy and Spike walked to the porch. Buffy looked at Spike.

“I had a great time, Thank you, Spike… I should probably go in already; it’s getting pretty late and Dawn and mom are expecting me home early,” she explained.

“You’re welcome, luv. Right then, suppose I’d best be off,” Spike said with a shrug, not moving as a smile formed on his lips. He tucked a stray strand of hair behind Buffy’s ear, putting it back in place. “Goodnight, Buffy,” he said, leaning down and softly brushing his lips against hers.

He pulled back, giving her a smile before beginning to walk away. Buffy felt a bolt of desire shoot up her nervous system. The kiss may have been soft and brief but it had still left her lips tingling. Buffy resisted the desire to call him back and get him up to her room to have her way with him.

“Goodnight, Spike,” she whispered. Opening her door with her keys and walking inside, she gently shut the door behind her.


Chapter End Notes:
The song I used in this is Use Somebody by Kings of Leon But when i was writing this i was listening to the cover version by Gerard McCarthy. Go on to Youtube type in Gerard McCarthy - Use Somebody. & You should be able to find a vid of it.