Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it took me so long to update this story. I give lots of Spuffy in exchange for forgiveness. ;)

Thanks to my brilliant Beta Dawnofme for the fabulous banner.
Buffy walked in to the magic box and she sighed at the tension in the air. Just get in and get out again. She instructed herself. She wouldn’t even be there if she didn’t need to pick up a couple of books from the college library that were due back that she’d left behind.

Giles stood. “Buffy.” He called.

“Not now Giles.” Buffy responded.

“Yes, Buffy, now. I am aware that I can’t stop any relationship you choose to have.” Buffy turned, her arms crossed, waiting for Giles to continue. “But I will not pretend I am not worried. You are in a relationship with one of the most dangerous vampire’s known.

I know you believe he loves you but that does not make him exempt from the fact that he’s dangerous. Even with that chip in his head. However, if you feel you can really trust him, I will give you the benefit of the doubt, but if he intentionally hurts you I will be forced to find someway of making sure he will not hurt you or anyone else again. Understood?” Giles asked.

Buffy sighed. “Giles, I can handle myself and I can handle Spike. I don’t need you protecting me. I know you worry, but you shouldn’t, I’m fine. He says he loves me and I believe him. You may not. Everyone probably doesn’t but I do and that’s what matters. I think he can make me happy. Isn’t that one of the major things when it comes to a relationship?”

Willow stood up, approaching Buffy. “Of course it is Buffy; we want you to be happy. You know that.”

Giles nodded. “We do but nevertheless, we all remember exactly what happened the last time you were emotionally involved with a vampire.”

“Giles!” Willow objected, feeling that even though it was a valid point, it was a harsh way of bringing it up.

Buffy looked at Giles then at Willow. “Willow, it’s okay. I can handle it.” She reassured. She returned her gaze to Giles. “I remember exactly how wrong it went last time and we both know it wasn’t Angel. Was it partially my fault Angelus got loose? Yes it was.

But I know all the terrible things Angelus did. I’ve got every horrific act in my mind. I blamed myself for a long time. I know you lost the person you loved Giles, but that does not and never will give you the right to keep bringing Angelus up and rubbing it in my face. When it came down to it?

I did what I needed to do and yes, afterwards I needed sometime to deal. But I got through it and Spike isn’t Angelus; he doesn’t have a retractable soul. Yet somehow he’s still loyal. Spike’s dangerous even with that chip in his head he could find a dozen ways to feed or to kill us and he hasn’t. I believe he won’t. Maybe that makes me foolish and immature and idealistic in your eyes, Giles. But I won’t force my views on you why the hell do you feel the need to force yours on me?”

Buffy slammed down the book she had grabbed hold of by mistake as she had grabbed her books before she strode out of the magic shop, the door closing with a click. Willow gave Giles a disapproving glare before she went back to her research.

Buffy knew exactly where she was going. She walked through the cemetery, carefully opened the door to Spike’s crypt and softly shut it behind her. Not seeing Spike on the upper level, she dropped down to the lower one and walking around, she came to bed. She ran her eyes over Spike’s exposed skin, the bedcover only just providing Spike some decency as it covered his hips. Spike sleeps naked…I should have known. Buffy mused, her lips curving upwards despite herself.

She walked around to the side of the bed, watching as Spike slept on. He looks so…innocent, There’s no hard exterior to be seen when he’s resting. It’s kind of nice. She reached out a hand, intending to brush along his cheekbone but before she could even make contact, her wrist was gripped and she was flat on her back on the bed with a very awake Spike on top of her.

Spike blinked for a moment. “Slayer? Not that I’m not pleased to see you here. But what are you doing in my bed?” He leered at her for a moment.

Buffy smiled. “Can’t a girl drop by to see a guy without wanting something?” She teased. She sighed as Spike gave her that look, knowing he could see right through her. “Giles and I kind of got in to it about us and some other stuff and…I wanted to come here…To see you.” She revealed. “Although you probably should put on some pants or something.” Buffy knew she really should look between them but it was pretty hard to resist.

Spike smirked. “You sure you don’t want me to…” Spike was cut off by Buffy’s firm no. “You and the Watcher will be alright, Pet,” He said. Rolling off Buffy, he grabbed his jeans and pulled them on, taking his time as he did up the zipper and the belt.

Buffy sighed. Averting her eyes, as Spike got himself, less naked. It wasn’t that she wouldn’t like to forget everything with the help of Spike but she just couldn’t use him like that. She pushed herself up, sitting on the bed, leaning on the wall as she leant back and returned her eyes to Spike once he gave the all clear. “Maybe we’ll be okay but I doubt it. I think him and Xander are having a hard time accepting us. Though, Willow does seem to be coming around thankfully.”

Spike sat on the bed next to Buffy. “Well, that’s something then isn’t it?” He smiled. “You’ve still got the Bit and you’re Mum.” Spike offered. He glanced at Buffy as she looked down thinking. He lifted her chin and leaning forward, he caught her lips with his.

He ran his tongue over her bottom lip, seeking entrance in to her mouth. H held back a grin as Buffy willingly opened her mouth, their tongue’s duelling, as their kiss got even more heated. Buffy moved, straddling him and wanting to be closer. Buffy gasped in to Spike’s mouth as Spike kissed even harder, their passion rising as well as their arousal. She pulled back. “Well, that’s certainly one way to stop me from worrying,” she teased.

Spike swallowed and said. “It certainly seemed to be working and it’s enjoyable too.”

Buffy smiled. “Thank you,” she said softly.

Spike grinned. “Anytime.” He answered, before pulling her down for another passion-filled kiss.


Chapter End Notes:
Please feed my muse, all feedback is Welcome.