Author's Chapter Notes:
Well, since I feel like writing during all my free moments lately, I'm just going with it. My time available will change quite a bit when my facility shuts down in a week. I'm not sure yet how that will affect my writing. My old workplace talked me into going back to them. So, once again, I will be working in long-term residential treatment for teenage boys with substance abuse and psychiatric issues. I'll really miss emergency care, but I'm glad to still be in the behavioral health department under the same corporation. I'm currently halfway through the next chapter of Blood Money. Even though I just put out Ch. 5, I decided to work on it some more, so I can get my brain back in gear with it. Hopefully, after that, I'll be able to work on the next chapter of Fix You. I'll make juggling three fics work somehow. I'll probably hold off a couple of weeks before I work on the final part of my Love and... one-shot series. Now, here's Ch. 12 of Poison!
Chapter Twelve:

Riley glared at the blond-haired man at the back of the room. "What the fuck is he doing here?"

"Riley..." Buffy squeaked, "it's not what you think..."

Riley whipped his head back towards Buffy. "Not what I think? You're alone with some loser in your guest house right after you run out on me, but it's not what I think, right?" He snorted and shook his head, "You're such a lying little bitch."

Spike couldn't stand to listen to this colossal prat talk to Buffy that way. He had a good feeling that she would be pissed if he stepped in, but he was never known for being able to keep his mouth shut. He took a step farther into the room and opened his mouth, geared for a confrontation. But before he could utter a sound, the small girl in the blue dress let out what can best be described as a low growl.

Buffy was livid. Why was she letting this overgrown idiot control her again? "Don't call me a bitch, Riley," she bit out through clenched teeth.

Riley laughed, "And what should I call you? Slut?"

"Fuck you, Riley! You're the one who cheated on me the entire time we were together. You have no right to call me names." Her little bare foot was tap tap tapping on the carpet.

Riley regarded her skeptically, "Right...so you weren't fucking him?"

She threw her hands in the air, "No! I wasn't..." she paused, "actually Riley...yes, I was screwing his brains out. In fact, it's been a nonstop fuckfest since I left the restaurant."

Spike raised his eyebrows, eyes sparkling with amusement. What on earth was this crazy bint doing?

Buffy continued, "And let me tell you, oh boy, he is amazing. Just when I thought I was cursed to a life of mediocre sex, he comes along...the things that man can do with his tongue...incredible. I bet—"

"Shut up!" Riley roared suddenly, causing Buffy to stumble back a couple of steps. That's when she noticed how red his face was. She wondered if perhaps she'd pushed him too far.

He aimed a thick finger at Spike. "You are fucking dead, motherfucker!"

Spike snorted, "I wouldn't go there, mate. I'd really hate to get blood on your polo shirt. What would mummy and daddy say?"

Riley advanced until only a few feet separated the two men. Buffy bit her lip, anxious about what would happen next. She cleared her throat, "Riley...I think you should just leave."

Not shifting his gaze from Spike, Riley answered in a low voice, "Just stay out of this, Buffy. I'll deal with you after I teach this jackass a lesson."

Spike smiled, "What a big man you are...going around scaring little girls."

Riley's chest heaved as he struggled to reign in his rage. It didn't help that Spike's stance was so casual and calm. He was much larger than the blond man, so why wasn't the asshole cowering in fear?

A glimmer of recognition lit Riley's eyes. "I know you," he ground out, "you're Faith's friend from the party. I should've known you're a loser, hanging around with that bitch." He shook his head, "You're trash. You don't belong here."

Spike shrugged nonchalantly, "May be trash, mate, but I got the girl. I imagine you have to pay for sex. No way any woman is going to touch your tiny dick for free." Confidant as he was, Spike did not expect the sucker punch to his gut that Riley suddenly delivered. He bent over, holding his stomach in pain.

"Riley!" Buffy screamed. "Oh my god...Spike." She moved towards the smaller man, but stopped when Riley shot her a furious glare.

Riley bent down next to Spike's head and smiled, "Have anything else to say, asshole."

"Yeah," Spike muttered, voice strained. He tilted his head to meet the other man's eyes. "You hit like a girl." Before Riley had a second to process his statement, Spike let go of his stomach and swung his fist at Riley's head. His knuckles met Riley's jaw with a sickening crunch. Buffy stared wide-eyed at the scene.

"Fuck!" Riley moaned, clutching his face. "I think you broke it!"

Spike grinned sadistically, "Looks like."

Still holding his jaw, Riley blindly swung his fist in Spike's direction. Spike easily dodged and gave Riley a hard shove, causing him to sprawl out in the middle of the living room floor.

"Think it's time for you to leave, mate."

Riley glared at Spike before turning to Buffy with a pleading expression. "Are you just going to stand there and let him treat me like this?"

Buffy blinked. Was he kidding? "Oh, I'm sorry, Riley. Let me help you." She marched over to the fallen man and held out her hand. Just as he reached to take it, she drew her hand back and gave him a swift kick to the ribs. It didn't do much damage with her bare foot, but he still let out a satisfying yelp. "Get the fuck out of here and don't come back. I don't want to see you...I don't want to talk to you ever again."

Riley was furious, but he was in too much pain to continue the fight. He clumsily pulled himself off the floor and stumbled to the door. Alternating his intense glare between Buffy and Spike, he spat out, "This is not over." Apparently, too pained to say anymore, he staggered out the door.

Spike began laughing jovially, "Did you see that?! That was fucking hilarious....owww!" He held his hand against his stomach. "Dammit, can't believe I let that ponce get a hit in." He chuckled, "Fuckin' worth it, though.

Buffy looked at him with her mouth hanging open. "Did you really break his jaw?"

He tilted his head and shrugged, "Probably." He raised an eyebrow, "Don't tell me you're pissed off about that."

She shook her head, "No, no...I'm just not used to this much violence...that was intense. I'm not an idiot, Spike. I know he got what he deserved."

"Yeah...ooohhh." He winced at the pain in his stomach.

Buffy furrowed her brow before approaching him. "Let me see," she said as she lifted his shirt. She could see a large bruise already forming on his firm abdomen. Not thinking, she ran a finger over the tender area.

"Shouldn't do that, luv," Spike murmured softly.

"Hmmm?" Buffy glanced up at him, confused. She met darkened eyes and immediately understand what he meant. She lifted her finger from his body. Instead, surprising even herself, she gently placed her entire palm against his bare skin. She heard his sudden intake of air and didn't know if it was because of pain or something else.

Spike wasn't sure what the girl was playing at, but he was going to take advantage of it while he could. He raised a hand and lightly skimmed it over her hair. "You were amazing tonight, pet. A real warrior, you were."

She scoffed, "Not me. You're the one that took care of him. I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't been here."

He gently cupped her cheek and tilted her face to meet his eyes, "I would never let him hurt you."

Her heart rate increased. "Spike..." The moment was broken by a sudden pounding at the door.

Buffy looked incredulous. She shook her head, "I can't believe that bastard's come back for more."

Breaking away from Spike, she stomped over to the door and threw it open. "Riley, I—"

It wasn't Riley.

Buffy gasped, "Daddy!"


Chapter End Notes:
Short, I know, but I hope you liked it! Let me know what you think! Thanks!