Author's Chapter Notes:
For those of you that read Blue, sorry no update today. I'm really busy with some not fun stuff until Tuesday, so I might have to slack off for a couple of days. I'll update if I can. Feel free to leave me a review in the mean time! Thanks! Hope you enjoy this chapter of Poison.
Chapter Three:

Spike's eyes were transfixed on the pouty pink lips of the heavenly creature before him. His heart skipped a beat when he saw them twitch and begin to part. What would this messenger of God have to say to a fallen man such as himself? He tilted his head forward in anticipation of whatever profound message he was about to receive.

"You're an idiot." Spike furrowed his brow. Okay, not exactly what he expected, but not any less valid.

"No...really, you're a complete and total idiot." He raised an eyebrow. Must be in hell after all. "How much crap did you take? Were you trying to kill yourself?" It was at this point that Spike began to suspect that he might not be as deceased as he had previously thought. Really, his beating heart should have given that away, but he had been a bit distracted by his angel....his angel that wasn't really an angel at all. That must mean...Spike groaned. Another fuckin' rich bitch...only this one's a nag. He found that her ethereal presence was shifting more towards prissy and self-righteous by the second. Thankfully, he found it rather easy in his drug-addled state to simply block out her voice. It was much more enjoyable watching her glossy lips move enticingly if he didn't have to listen to her berate him in the process. It worked too, until she began poking at his shoulder with one of her perfectly manicured little fingers.

"Oi! Hands off, you crazy bint!" Spike struggled to sit up straight in the chair.

"Are you listening to me?! Or is your brain too fried from all the shit you put in your body?"

Spike shifted forward to give this chit a piece of his mind but was hit by a sudden wave of nausea. He leaned back in the chair and swallowed hard, turning his face from the girl's accusing eyes. She shook her head and stomped off through a door in the corner of the room. Spike decided to use this reprieve to reacquaint himself with his surroundings. Huge room...empty syringes lying scattered about...large bed...shirtless man passed out on bed...loopy-looking bint leaning against bed staring directly at him. What was that chit's name? Fay...Faith? She looks a little worse for the wear. Must have been some party. "You...uh...you all right there, pet?" Faith's lips turned up in a twisted grin at the same time fresh tears began to trickle from her eyes. Spike was disturbed by her expression. "Are you daft? What's wrong with you?" Her only reply was giddy laughter. Spike leaned his head back. I have to get out of this madhouse.

Buffy returned to the room carrying a small garbage pail and a glass of water. She sat the pail down and shoved the water towards Spike, "Here. Drink this. If you have to puke, do it in there," she gestured towards the pail. "When you think you can make it to the front door without making any messes, I suggest you leave. Oh, and just a piece of advice, you might want to take a long shower. You smell really disgusting."

Spike sneered, "Love the bedside manner, pet. I can really tell you're a nurturing individual."

"I just don't like drugged up assholes influencing my friends." She crossed her arms and shot him what she hoped was an intimidating glare.

He snorted and nodded towards a still giggling Faith. "If you haven't noticed, your friend is entirely off her bird." He stuck his nose in the air trying to appear nonchalant. "Besides, I was having a totally innocent night before she got her claws into me and whisked me away to this den of iniquity."

"Riiight, I'm sure she jumped you on the way to bible study." Buffy rolled her eyes.

Spike smiled sweetly, "Actually, I was on my way to volunteer at the local women's shelter. The world would be a much better place if everyone did their part."

She roughly grabbed the glass of water out of his hand causing him to let out a decidedly unmanly yelp. "I think you look like you're good to go, so why don't you...go...now."

Spike smirked, "Can't, luv."

"Oh yes, you really, really can."

"Nope, no car. Crazy over there gave me a ride out here. Told you she kidnapped me." He sighed, "I'm just a poor, helpless victim in all of this really."

Buffy snickered, "Oh, please! Just call a goddamn cab and get the hell out of here!" She smiled, "Unless you want a ride in a police cruiser, cause I think that can probably be arranged." At that, Spike jumped up so fast that he almost made one of those messes that the bint was so afraid of.

"All right, all right, I'm out of here." He stalked towards the door. When he reached it, he turned around and aimed a finger at Buffy, "You are a raging bitch." And with those parting words, he was out the door.

Buffy shook her head and sighed. Turning towards Faith, "You really know how to pick—"

"Umm, pet?"

Buffy's eyes widened as she whirled around, "Oh my god! What are you still doing here? There is a fucking phone in every room. Call a goddamn cab!"

Spike clenched his jaw and spoke in a measured tone, "Well, I can do that...but I don't have anywhere for the cab to take me."

"You've got to be fucking kidding me. You're homeless?!" She shook her head at her friend. "Oh my god, Faith, you brought some homeless guy out here!"

"Oi! I'm not homeless! I just don't currently have...lodging."

Buffy turned to him with a spiteful grin. "Well, ya know what? Not really my problem. The taxi can drop you off in a gutter for all I care."

Spike gave her his best puppy dog eyes, "You'd just send me out into the cold?"

"It's summer, you freak! I'm totally over this conversation. Get out!" She pointed at the door.

Spike rolled his shoulders, "All right, I know when I'm not wanted. Guess I'll go start my life on the stree—"

"He could stay at your guest house, B!" Buffy tilted her head, not believing what she was hearing. "Your parents always let you use it for your friends. They don't care what you do with it."

Buffy looked at her incredulously, "Great, Faith, you pick now to come to your senses. I am so not housing your boyfriend." Spike snorted at the comment, but didn't bother to correct her.

"Come on, B," Faith begged. "We can't send him out on the streets in this condition. I feel responsible. I did give him the drugs..."

"Yeah, and I'm sure you forced him to take them. If you feel so responsible, then why don't you let him crash at your place?"

Faith gave her a look. "Oh yeah, I'm sure Harm and Cordy would really go for that. Just let him stay for a night, B. You have a whole empty house just sitting there."

Buffy frowned at Faith's pleading face. I can't believe I'm even considering this. "One day. He gets one day, and then he has to find some other place to crash."

"Two days. I need a day to recover a little."

She turned towards Spike. "This is not a negotiation."

"Come on, luv, you won't even notice I'm around."

Buffy let out an exasperated sigh, "All right, two days. If you aren't out by then, I call the cops to bodily remove you."

"Do you need to borrow my car, B?"

She wrinkled her nose, "No, you don't want your car smelling like puke...I'll take Riley's." She started to lead Spike from the room before turning back, "Take care of yourself, Faith. No more of...just no more. Okay?"

Faith smiled, "I'm straight, B. Five by five."

Spike followed Buffy through the house and out the front door to a shiny black BMW. She unlocked the doors and got in without saying a word. Spike took this to mean that he should get in the car as well. He was barely seated before she took off. She continued to ignore him for the entire drive. After several minutes had passed, she pulled onto a private road. About half a mile down, there was an enormous three story house complete with columns and wraparound balconies on the two top floors. She veered off on a narrow side road in the middle of a group of trees. Once they passed the trees, she pulled up to a small brick house. Buffy turned the car off and stepped outside. She was already unlocking the front door of the house when Spike's brain caught up. He climbed out of the car and entered the house through the door she left open behind her. This place was way nicer than any place he'd ever stayed before, and it was just the guest house.

Buffy turned to him and crossed her arms, "I stay here occasionally, so there's a little bit of food in the fridge. Certainly enough for two days. I think Riley left some clothes in the bedroom. They'll be big on you, but at least they won't smell like puke. Speaking of which, you need to give me your clothes. I'll take them up to the house and have the maid wash them. I don't want you stinking up the place." Before she knew what was happening, Spike had pulled off his shirt and tossed it on the floor and was working on tugging his belt free of the buckle. "Oh my god! What are you doing!"

He stopped and cocked an eyebrow, "Giving you my clothes. What you wanted, right?"

"I didn't want you to get undressed in front of me. Go to the other room!"

Spike shrugged and disappeared down the hallway. Buffy let out a breath. Why are all the hot guys assholes? She was still pondering this anomaly when Spike sauntered back into the room carrying his jeans and clad only in a towel. Buffy's mouth dropped open, "You're wearing a towel!"

He glanced down at himself, "Well, yeah, didn't expect me to put on clean clothes before I showered, did ya?"

Letting out an annoyed little noise, Buffy reached out her hand, "Just give me the damn clothes." Spike held out his clothing and gave her a big, insincere smile as she snatched them from his hand. "You better work on getting your ass out of here!"

"Yeah, yeah," he muttered as he flopped down on the leather couch. He could tell she wanted to make a comment, but she held back. Most likely, she was too preoccupied with trying to get the door open while keeping his ball of clothing as far away from her body as possible. Spike wrinkled his forehead as he suddenly had a flash of memory from the night before.

Goddamn door. That jerk could help me out. She snorted. Yeah, like that's going to happen. Finally, she managed to turn the knob and begin to pull the door open. "Eeep!" she screamed as the door slammed back shut in front of her. Her heart was pounding as she turned her head to see Spike's near naked body standing inches from her, arm extended, hand pressed firmly against the door.

"I'm afraid I can't let you leave, pet."


Chapter End Notes:
So, that was a slightly lighter chapter. Hope you liked it regardless. Now, that we've gotten a little further into it, please let me know if you still want me to continue! Thanks!