Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for the wonderful reviews. Please, keep them coming! I love hearing what you have to say! I have a couple of notes on my other fics. I'll try to work on Blood Money later this week. And I'd really like you guys to check out my very first one-shot Love and Trust, if you haven't already. Let me know what you think! Thanks!
Chapter Seven:

Buffy smoothed out the wrinkles in the simple blue silk dress she had chosen for her evening out with Riley. He was late, as usual—forty-five minutes late, to be exact. So, that gave her forty-five minutes to ponder why on earth she was allowing Spike to stay. He had given her the perfect out, and she threw it away. Why?

It was bad enough to begin with—inviting some stranger, some junkie to stay at her guest house—but then she had to go and make matters infinitely worse by sleeping with him. Who does that? Maybe she had some bizarre mental break or maybe curiosity just got the better of her. Maybe something about him made her want more than just a life of privilege. Maybe she wanted him. No, that couldn't be it. That would be absolute and total insanity—senseless beyond belief.

For once, she was relieved to see Riley's BMW flying up the front drive. She desperately needed something to derail her line of thought. At least this evening would provide an excellent distraction. Part of her wanted to start a campaign to repair their relationship solely to avoid any lingering confusion leftover from her tryst with her blue-eyed house guest. Confusion that was hers alone, of course, as Riley had no knowledge of the encounter.

"Hey, babe!" he shouted out the window of his car. "Hurry up! We're going to be late!" He said it like it was her fault. Why did that not surprise her?

She moved down the porch steps just fast enough not to incite any further complaints from Riley. No way was she going to sprint to the car in heels. They could stand to lose another thirty seconds, so she could avoid snapping an ankle. She barely had pulled her leg into the car and certainly didn't have the door fully closed when Riley took off in a cloud of dust. Startled, she jerked the door closed so forcefully that she propelled her body into Riley's shoulder causing him to swerve on the narrow driveway.

"Buffy! What's wrong with you! Are you trying to get us killed?!" He removed his right hand from the steering wheel long enough to give her a rough shove back into her own seat.

She just sat there, heart pounding, thinking that this was a hell of way to start an evening out. She glanced at Riley as he flipped the dial up on his stereo until the volume was so loud, she thought the windows might shatter. Why had she wanted to repair her relationship with him again? She shifted in her seat in an attempt to relieve the slight soreness between her legs. Ah yes, that was why.

She was thankful when they arrived at the restaurant as she was afraid her eardrums would burst if she was forced to endure anymore of Riley's so-called music. She waited in the car for him to come around and open her door. When he didn't, she opened it herself and did a little half-jog to catch up with him as he strode purposefully for the entrance of the restaurant, apparently unconcerned with her welfare. She was beginning to wonder why she was there at all—on many different levels.

They narrowly made their reservation and were seated at a table in the center of the restaurant. Riley plucked the wine menu out of her hands reminding her 'you know how you get when you drink.' How she gets? She gets a little friendly and falls asleep. He gets pissy and ends up with his dick stuck in some stranger's cunt, or mouth, or ear, for all she knows! Yet here she was—wineless, while the waiter was handing him his glass of scotch...and she really needed that glass of wine.

Buffy stared silently at the table, having also been relieved of her dinner menu when she had the silly notion that she would decide on her own entree. Heaven forbid, she make her own decisions.

"Buffy? I totally haven't seen you in forever!"

She looked up from the table and found herself eye to boob with a pair of impressive implants. She adjusted her gaze to about a foot higher and met Harmony's sparkling eyes.

"Hey, Harm," she glanced at Harmony's mostly unbuttoned white blouse, short black skirt, and shiny name badge, "you work here?"

"Yeah..." she glanced at Riley, "Hi, Riley!"

"Hey there, Harmony, you're looking quite lovely this evening." He raked his eyes over her body.

"Oh, Riley," she giggled, "I totally do not! I have to wear this stupid uniform. I can't believe daddy made me get this job! He shouldn't have given me his credit card if he like didn't want me to use it. Sometimes shoes are an emergency!"

Buffy raised her eyebrow as Harmony batted her eyelashes at Riley. "Uh, Riley," Buffy began, "Are we gonna..."

"Huh," he looked up from Harmony's tits, "oh yeah. We'd like to place our order now, Harmony, if that's all right."

"Just speak like really, really slowly. All this Italian stuff sounds the same."

Riley smiled, "All right. I'll have the veal...cacciatore...and she'll have the calamari...marinara." Buffy hated calamari.

Harmony made some scribbles on her pad of paper. No doubt phonetically spelled Italian dishes, but whatever works, right? She then sauntered off to the kitchen, hips swaying, presumedly to put in their order. Harmony with a job. Will wonders never cease?

"So," Riley began, turning his attention back towards Buffy and away from Harmony's retreating ass, "my parents want to know if you plan on spending any time away from the beach when we're in Cabo next week. I told them 'you know Buffy, all sun-tans and manicures', but I think they really want you to check out—"

Buffy shook her head, completely confused, "Riley, what on earth are you talking about?"

He shot her a look, "You know, Buffy, our Cabo trip...we talked about this months ago. We didn't pick an exact date, but I figured next week was as good a time as any."

"Riley, I really don't remember having that discussion with you—and even if I did, I can't just up and leave on a whim."

He rolled his eyes, "Sure you can. It's not like you have anything going on other than shopping and hanging out with that little bitch friend of yours Faith."

She took a deep breath. "Fine, Riley. So I can go. I just don't want to."

"Babe, you don't know what you're saying. Is it—are you having female problems." He nodded his head in the direction of her female parts.

Buffy couldn't take much more. She desperately needed a breather. "Riley, you'll have to excuse me for a moment. I need to use the ladies' room." He nodded knowingly, most likely assuming it was related to her problems.

She weaved through the tables to the small hallway at the back of the restaurant and stepped into the dimly lit bathroom. Damn pretentious, intimate lighting. It's a bathroom, for god's sake! Shaking her head, she flipped the lock and slumped against the door. She felt like she couldn't breathe. The very thought of going away with Riley was...well...painful.

That was her answer. It was staring her right in the face. She had to end the relationship...definitively! No more of this silly idea about patching things up. No, she'd have to deal with her reasons for considering that, in a different way. It was plain and simple. Riley had to go.

That decided, Buffy opened her purse and emptied it of the necessary tools. She ran a brush through her golden locks, leaving them smooth and shiny. She followed that with a touch of lip gloss and swipe with her mascara wand. What? No shame in looking good when you dump your cheating boyfriend on his ass. Right?

She took a breath and left the restroom, ready for battle. As she made her way across the floor, she noticed Harmony had returned to the table with their food and was now engaged in some sort of animated conversation with Riley...and it didn't look pretty.

Buffy stopped in her tracks, when she was close enough that Harmony's screeches became clear.

"What do you mean you're going to take her?! You said you were going to take me to Cabo!" Harmony's hands were on her hips and her breasts were pushed out, though that might not have been intentional.

"Baby, baby, calm down. I'll take you some place even better, I promise, but you've got to calm down. You're making a scene."

Buffy's eyes widened. Oh. My. God. That's why I didn't remember him talking to me about it. He actually got me mixed up with Harmony! Christ! That's it! That's. Fuckin'. It! She stomped her way through the restaurant until she reached their table. Harmony and Riley could tell by the expression on her face that she'd overheard their conversation.

Riley smiled up at Buffy from his seat, "Baby, it's not what you think...really."

She snorted, "Wow, Riley, you couldn't even think of something original like 'I tripped and my dick landed in her vagina.' You're slipping. Nice try, though. Really." She turned to Harmony, "And what do you have to say for yourself?"

Harmony huffed, "He loves me, not you, Buffy. He's just with you, because your families are so tight."

Buffy raised an eyebrow, "He told you he loved you? And you believed him? You really are gullible sometimes, Harm."

"Oh, shut up, Buffy! I don't even know what that means! Maybe if you could please a man in bed, then your boyfriend would want you!"

At this point, the girls had pretty well attracted the attention of the entire restaurant. In fact, the only eyes not currently on them were Riley's, and his were centered on his veal as he ate his meal, seemingly without a care in the world—now that Buffy's attention was directed at Harmony.

"Listen, you plastic-boobed freak, you can have him. I don't want him!" Riley looked up at this and frowned.

Harmony scoffed, "Right, just because you know he's going to leave you for me, because you...are...a...frigid...bitch!" She carefully enunciated each word.

Buffy didn't know what came over her. Perhaps, she had watched too many Dynasty reruns on the soap opera network. All she knew was that one moment she and Harmony were standing there screaming at each other, and the next—well, Buffy was dumping a plate of marinara-covered squid on Harmony's ridiculous over-sized tits. The whole restaurant seemed to go silent. After a moment, the silence was broken by a furious shriek.

"You BITCH!" Harmony was desperately trying to scoop calamari and red sauce out of her cleavage. "I'm telling my daddy!"

"Yeah, you do that, Harm." Buffy rolled her eyes. Riley sat poised with his fork halfway to his mouth, still in shock from the squid incident. "God, I'm outta here!" Turning towards Riley, "Don't call me, I'll call you." She started to walk away as the restaurant began to resume its normal activity.

"B-Buffy! Wait!" Riley stood abruptly—intent on catching the angry girl—but only succeeded in knocking into a waiter carrying a tray of drinks and soaking his slacks in a most embarrassing manner.

"Oh, Riley, you're all wet," Harmony whined.

Riley glared at her.

"Shut up, Harm."


Chapter End Notes:
Well, the bad :( news is that I was going to have a couple of non-restaurant sections at the end of this chapter, the good :) news is that I just bumped them to the next chapter which means I've got a head start on Chapter 8. I liked the way I was going to do things, but ultimately it made more sense this way. Hope you liked this chapter! Please review and let me know what you think and if you want more! Thank you so much!